Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,984

    Wake up and smell the Coffee

    Interesting.

    DeeZee posted a post in this forum, titled "Wake up and smell the coffee" about 15 minutes ago or so. It was about an Intense VPP 29er. Even though I though that it had no place in this forum, I didn't realize that someone here had instant veto power to remove posts.

    TE must have significant influence here.

    Very interesting.
    Last edited by Blue Shorts; 11-05-2005 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Changed to original title

  2. #2
    Brass Nipples!
    Reputation: Bob the Wheelbuilder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Shorts
    Interesting.

    DeeZee posted a post in this forum, titled "Wake up and smell the coffee" about 15 minutes ago or so. It was about an Intense VPP 29er. Even though I though that it had no place in this forum, I didn't realize that someone here had instant veto power to remove posts.

    TE must have significant influence here.

    Very interesting.
    There's one with that title on the Santa Cruz board.

    His arm has grown long indeed if he can call down the censors like that.

    (Bonus points if you can give the reference for the above quote.)
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PAINpusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    410

    Fools of themselves

    I did notice that you can go back, after you have already posted some and make edits...Mayby you can also go back and completely delete a posting if you feel the urge?? Also, when you change your avatar, it goes back and edits all your old postings to update it with the most current one, so you have to imagine that any inof on this forum can change at ANY moment, no matter how old it is. Too bad, I so enjoy reading the posts of folks making fools of themselves!

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DeeZee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6,237

    Name Callers

    Quote Originally Posted by PAINpusher
    I did notice that you can go back, after you have already posted some and make edits...Mayby you can also go back and completely delete a posting if you feel the urge?? Also, when you change your avatar, it goes back and edits all your old postings to update it with the most current one, so you have to imagine that any inof on this forum can change at ANY moment, no matter how old it is. Too bad, I so enjoy reading the posts of folks making fools of themselves!

    Most likely it was deleted because a poster started calling me names. I received a PM apologizing. Good thing I do not have any feelings!

    The poster did not think that an Intense Cycles post was relevant in the Ellsworth Form. I respect his opinion but disagree. Arguably the “Big Four” in the boutique market is (in no particular order) Ellsworth, Intense, Santa Cruz and Turner. Intense and Turner have both decided to jump into the 29’er market (4" CC bikes), Santa Cruz does not have any plans and it is radio silence at Ellsworth.

    The 29’er market is in desperate need for an “All Mountain” bike (5”). The biggest problem is that there is only one 5” fork and two 5” frames.

    I have been riding M-Bikes for 17 years and owned some of the best 26” frames from these elite builders. However I now only ride 29'ers.

    Bottom line…..I am sick of riding a Fisher

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,089
    Bummer on the delete, I never saw it. Personally, I don't care where people post their threads as long as there is some relevance to the board. I do hate when people start arguing and whining like 12 year old school girls. If you want to whine and argue take it to PM's, I don't need to waste my time reading it. Of course sometimes this board get's no action without an arguement

    Anyways, sounds like you were making a plee to boutique bike builders for a frame design. That's cool with me. Although I don't see myself going 29" any time soon. Hell, I'm going the other way toward 24" rears and a lot more than 5" of travel. I'm sure if they think the market exists or they have a personal interest, they would build the bike.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,984
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeZee
    Most likely it was deleted because a poster started calling me names. I received a PM apologizing. Good thing I do not have any feelings!
    The original post still should have not been deleted. It should have been left in place.

    Some people post after a few beers and without thinking

    I'd like to try a 29'er sometime. I wasn't ever interested in the hardtail versions, but now that they're coming with rear suspensions, it's starting to intrigue me. Hopefully there will be more components made available soon (tires, wheels, forks).

  7. #7
    Rolling
    Reputation: lidarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,117
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeZee
    Most likely it was deleted because a poster started calling me names. I received a PM apologizing. Good thing I do not have any feelings!

    The poster did not think that an Intense Cycles post was relevant in the Ellsworth Form. I respect his opinion but disagree. Arguably the “Big Four” in the boutique market is (in no particular order) Ellsworth, Intense, Santa Cruz and Turner. Intense and Turner have both decided to jump into the 29’er market (4" CC bikes), Santa Cruz does not have any plans and it is radio silence at Ellsworth.

    The 29’er market is in desperate need for an “All Mountain” bike (5”). The biggest problem is that there is only one 5” fork and two 5” frames.

    I have been riding M-Bikes for 17 years and owned some of the best 26” frames from these elite builders. However I now only ride 29'ers.

    Bottom line…..I am sick of riding a Fisher
    Well, I disagreed with your post (Don't know if you saw it) but I disagree more of it's deletion, unless it was by your request.

    I believe the forums are pretty well self moderated and people can rail into people they feel posted something pathetic. Sure, it causes flames to get out of control sometimes, but who cares. This places doesn't have to be sanitized.

    I think the problem with your post was that you posted it like an attack rather than a request for Ellsworth to consider building a 29er. That didn't merit it's deletion if it was anyway, but it's definitely cause for the replies you got.

    ..Gosh, I hope Ellsworth is not pulling strings with Francis regarding this forum. After hearing about some reviews being deleted over the years and the recent comment about IP searches, I get a little concerned.

  8. #8
    Rolling
    Reputation: lidarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,117
    Quote Originally Posted by PAINpusher
    I did notice that you can go back, after you have already posted some and make edits...Mayby you can also go back and completely delete a posting if you feel the urge?? Also, when you change your avatar, it goes back and edits all your old postings to update it with the most current one, so you have to imagine that any inof on this forum can change at ANY moment, no matter how old it is. Too bad, I so enjoy reading the posts of folks making fools of themselves!
    To a limited extent. After several days, the edit button disappears.

    Also, if you subscribe to a thread, you are emailed the original text. Thus, if there ever is a controversial thread, this is a good way to archive the posts.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DeeZee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6,237

    Ellsworth just say something....anything

    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    Well, I disagreed with your post (Don't know if you saw it) but I disagree more of it's deletion, unless it was by your request.

    I believe the forums are pretty well self moderated and people can rail into people they feel posted something pathetic. Sure, it causes flames to get out of control sometimes, but who cares. This places doesn't have to be sanitized.

    I think the problem with your post was that you posted it like an attack rather than a request for Ellsworth to consider building a 29er. That didn't merit it's deletion if it was anyway, but it's definitely cause for the replies you got.

    ..Gosh, I hope Ellsworth is not pulling strings with Francis regarding this forum. After hearing about some reviews being deleted over the years and the recent comment about IP searches, I get a little concerned.
    I think the problem with your post was that you posted it like an attack rather than a request for Ellsworth to consider building a 29er. That didn't merit it's deletion if it was anyway, but it's definitely cause for the replies you got.

    I only got one flame job and the guy realized he was out of line.

    The post was not intended to be an attack on Ellsworth or any of its loyal customers. The fact remains that Ellsworth does not respond to questions regarding 29'ers. Hey I like their stuff that is why I want them to build one. As a matter of fact my LBS made me an offer on a Moment that was very hard to pass up. If I did not prefer 29” wheels it would be in my stable.

    An attack would have been " Your suspension design sucks!" or "Your product is expensive and overrated". This far from my opinion of Ellsworth bikes.

    Next topic………..

  10. #10
    Rolling
    Reputation: lidarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,117
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeZee
    I
    An attack would have been " Your suspension design sucks!" or "Your product is expensive and overrated". This far from my opinion of Ellsworth bikes.

    Next topic………..
    That is as subjective as any reason posts are deleted...and exactly why posts should not be deleted. Francis will, and has, had a completed different tolerance than say gregg. The problem with censorship, is that it takes someones opinion to determine what to censor!

    I guess you weren't around to see the deleted posts of pete earlier this year on this forum.

  11. #11
    Trail rider and racer
    Reputation: Trevor!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,691
    I removed it due to it being an Intense issue and being featured on the intense forum etc.
    See here: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=142115

    No myths or secrets, just simple as that.

    Now if its a big issue or very controversial but I don't think it belongs here, or on the cannondale forum or the turner forum or the giant forum. These manufacturer forums were designed for manufacturer specific bikes and everything associated with those manufacturers.
    Trev!

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,984
    Trevor - I agree that it was out of place, but surely we're not at the point where you're going to remove posts because their about other manufacturers bikes.

    We talk about all kinds of bikes on the Turner forum and those posts stay. Please don't start censoring posts because they mention other bikes.

    There was nothing even in that post that was anti-Ellsworth.

    At this point I don't know if you're just being over zealous or if there's concern about Ellsworth pulling ads, or if something else is driving it, but removing a post because is mentions another brand of bikes doesn't makes sense to me.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DeeZee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6,237

    My Bad

    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor!
    I removed it due to it being an Intense issue and being featured on the intense forum etc.
    See here: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=142115

    No myths or secrets, just simple as that.

    Now if its a big issue or very controversial but I don't think it belongs here, or on the cannondale forum or the turner forum or the giant forum. These manufacturer forums were designed for manufacturer specific bikes and everything associated with those manufacturers.
    I am a stranger in this land. Where I come from the 29’er, SS, and Clydesdale boards we discuss O.T. subjects like rides, crashes etc….Heck even tattoos!

    Waaaaaaaay too serious over here for me.

    See ya later!

  14. #14
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,096

    waaay to serious???

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeZee
    I am a stranger in this land. Where I come from the 29’er, SS, and Clydesdale boards we discuss O.T. subjects like rides, crashes etc….Heck even tattoos!

    Waaaaaaaay too serious over here for me.

    See ya later!
    you must be a total nOOb...

    this forum is anything but serious.. you missed the fireworks though...

  15. #15
    Trail rider and racer
    Reputation: Trevor!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Shorts
    Trevor - I agree that it was out of place, but surely we're not at the point where you're going to remove posts because their about other manufacturers bikes.

    We talk about all kinds of bikes on the Turner forum and those posts stay. Please don't start censoring posts because they mention other bikes.

    There was nothing even in that post that was anti-Ellsworth.

    At this point I don't know if you're just being over zealous or if there's concern about Ellsworth pulling ads, or if something else is driving it, but removing a post because is mentions another brand of bikes doesn't makes sense to me.
    Ok your missing the point about the removing of it.

    I have restored it: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=142157
    Trev!

  16. #16
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,096

    good move Trevor

    the post is a POS but between removing it and leaving it - i'd have chosen to leave it...

    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor!
    Ok your missing the point about the removing of it.

    I have restored it: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=142157

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,984
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor!
    Ok your missing the point about the removing of it.

    I have restored it: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=142157
    Thanks, Trevor.

  18. #18
    Trail rider and racer
    Reputation: Trevor!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Shorts
    Thanks, Trevor.
    No worries!
    Trev!

  19. #19
    Trail rider and racer
    Reputation: Trevor!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,691
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    the post is a POS but between removing it and leaving it - i'd have chosen to leave it...
    Not sure about the POS comment but agree I would leave it.
    Trev!

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    you must be a total nOOb...

    this forum is anything but serious.. you missed the fireworks though...
    It is not like the good old day because grasshopper are not in season.

    Peace

  21. #21
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,096

    hehe... but nOObees wouldnt know it anyway...

    Quote Originally Posted by BobKreyole
    It is not like the good old day because grasshopper are not in season.

    Peace
    would they...

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.