Thread: DHX-C Set up

Time is not a road.

DHX-C Set up

I'm about to embark upon my new Moment soon and I'd like to get some feedback as to how you guys set up your DHX shocks (if you have them).

Beyond stock Fox settings, what have you discovered? How do you have it set up?

FWIW, I'm 170, 180 w/gear. The spring is 450lb. I have not done anything with the shock yet...the bike is being built up at the shop. I'm hoping for a weekend ride.

not so super...
    It's been a long time but going on memory I'd suggest the following:

You'll probably need the 500lb spring. Start with 150 in the Boost and back the bottom out adj out to the middle. Add rebound to your liking and no more than 4-5 turns of ProPedal. That should get you started.

Brass Nipples!

Here's a link.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...&highlight=dhx

There's a lot of adjustability, so it may take you some time, but it will be time well spent.
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

Time is not a road.
    Thanks for all that good info. It seems like I might need a stiffer spring...

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob the Wheelbuilder
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...&highlight=dhx

There's a lot of adjustability, so it may take you some time, but it will be time well spent.
    Thanks for doing the search Bob! I was too lazy.

Time is not a road.
    I notice that the bottom out adjuster doesn't move. It looks like there are some allen screws in there. Does this knob need to be loosened so that I can rotate it? Anyone else experience that?

Also curious, Bob, do you still have your shock set up the way you initially did or have you tweaked it a bit? The PP seems high to me on your initial set up.

Brass Nipples!
    Quote Originally Posted by chad1433
    I notice that the bottom out adjuster doesn't move. It looks like there are some allen screws in there. Does this knob need to be loosened so that I can rotate it? Anyone else experience that?

Also curious, Bob, do you still have your shock set up the way you initially did or have you tweaked it a bit? The PP seems high to me on your initial set up.
    I haven't changed it since my last post on my settings. I think the propedal effect varies a bit from shock to shock.

When my DHX came back from being serviced at Fox, I had to dial in a couple of clicks more propedal to get the effect I previously had.
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Chad, are you talking about the ring with a bunch of little allen holes in it, the bottom out adjuster ring? It's much tighter than the Propedal adjuster and difficult to turn by hand. You're suppose to stick a 4mm allen key into one of the holes to act as a handle to turn the ring. You don't loosen the allen nuts...not sure if it's even possible to do so.

Time is not a road.
    Ok, that makes sense. I don't even know what mine's set at currently. Thanks for the tip.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Ok, that makes sense. I don't even know what mine's set at currently. Thanks for the tip.
    If I remember correctly, there is no detent on that ring. You can sort of judge where you are by looking at the number of exposed threads, from none to three I think.

Members who have read this thread: 0