Sin Rider
    Jan 2004

Anyone use a shock with piggy back on a Joker?

I was wondering if I can use a shock like a DHX or Swinger that has a piggy back on my Joker
    Fly Rider

Time is not a road.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnauzer
    I was wondering if I can use a shock like a DHX or Swinger that has a piggy back on my Joker
    Do you know if it will fit? I'm not sure that it would unless you have a large frame, but maybe. Another option would be an Avalanche Chubby with its smaller reservoir.

Sin Rider
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chad1433
    Do you know if it will fit? I'm not sure that it would unless you have a large frame, but maybe. Another option would be an Avalanche Chubby with its smaller reservoir.
    It's a large frame and the Avalanche shocks are sweet but cant afford one now. I am still awaiting a responce from Ellsworth. There has got to be someone that has tried one. It comes with the swinger 3-way not to bad of a shock but I wanted to try a DHX.
    Fly Rider

Jii
    mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    The DHX Coil doesn't fit, the 5th element coil doesn't either. I've yet to try the DHX Air, according to Ellsworth it doesn't fit either. A friend of mine got the Avy Montie on his Joker, because the guys at Avy said that none of their piggyback shocks fit, and with the ones with the remote reservoirs there's a problem with the hose placement. So I guess the options are either the Romic (which IMO is a very nice shock), the 3way Swinger or a good old vanilla RC (the piggyback is so small on it that it fits) and the Avy Montie.

Oh, and the Avy Montie is a very affordable shock, I think it's cheaper than a DHX.

P.s. All of the shocks have only been tested for fit on Medium Jokers, so I can not vouch for the Large.
    Last edited by Jii; 02-04-2006 at 12:11 AM.

Sin Rider
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jii
    The DHX Coil doesn't fit, the 5th element coil doesn't either. I've yet to try the DHX Air, according to Ellsworth it doesn't fit either. A friend of mine got the Avy Montie on his Joker, because the guys at Avy said that none of their piggyback shocks fit, and with the ones with the remote reservoirs there's a problem with the hose placement. So I guess the options are either the Romic (which IMO is a very nice shock), the 3way Swinger or a good old vanilla RC (the piggyback is so small on it that it fits) and the Avy Montie.

Oh, and the Avy Montie is a very affordable shock, I think it's cheaper than a DHX.

P.s. All of the shocks have only been tested for fit on Medium Jokers, so I can not vouch for the Large.
    Thanks......you saved me I almost bought a DHX online. The Montie is $399 I just wonder if it thats mutch better than the Manitou to just the cost?
    Last edited by schnauzer; 02-04-2006 at 07:08 PM.
    Fly Rider

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by schnauzer
    Thanks......you saved me I almost bought a DHX online. The Montie is $399 I just wonder if it thats mutch better than the Manitou to just the cost?
    Dude, I have a large with the standard 3-way Swinger. You're not gonna need anything more than that. It works well.

Members who have read this thread: 0