Time is not a road.

Anyone start a Blog?

I've seen a cool one the Fooriders have started with ride reports and reviews. It's cool. Anyone else have one? I'm thinking of making one to share the 2006 ride season with all of you, my friends...

Time is not a road.
    okay, finished up mine for today:

http://chadguyer.blogspot.com/

More detailed ride reports and pics.

Time is not a road.
    I thought not to take so many pics of her since I wanted to use it as a ride log...

But if one would want to see more pics of her, I have brazillions...
    Attached Images Attached Images

banned
    Mar 2005

Your beyond help

Quote Originally Posted by chad1433
    okay, finished up mine for today:

http://chadguyer.blogspot.com/

More detailed ride reports and pics.
    don't waste your money on therapy...do you realize that there's more pics of your bikes than your SO?...do they take turns in your bedroom?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Nice blog Chad, look forward to seeing more rides in it.

Was that picture taken in Italy?

You mentioned that you've been to France, are you familiar with the Dordogne or Perigord Noir area?

Rolling
    yes...

BTW Chad, have you ridden with your rockstar glasses? I got a pair of cheapies and ride with them now!

I also added your blog as a link on mine.
    Last edited by lidarman; 01-19-2006 at 05:08 PM.

banned
    Mar 2005
    hmmm...guess that's why i have 1 wife and 12 bikes

Time is not a road.
    Yeah, that was in the Roman Forum. The B&W kinda looks like some photo out of the '40s like you'd see on the History channel or something.

I was in Marseille/Nice for a bit and then on to Paris overnight. I didn't get to stay too long there, unfortunately. Have you spend time there?

Time is not a road.
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    yes...

BTW Chad, have you ridden with your rockstar glasses? I got a pair of cheapies and ride with them now!

I also added your blog as a link on mine.
    No, but I might! Next time I'm in Boulder, I rock out with the Jim Morrison's...maybe Hall Ranch, it's always a production.

Your blog is awesome, BTW. The Photography is great!
    Last edited by chad1433; 01-20-2006 at 08:14 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Yeah, that was in the Roman Forum. The B&W kinda looks like some photo out of the '40s like you'd see on the History channel or something.

I was in Marseille/Nice for a bit and then on to Paris overnight. I didn't get to stay too long there, unfortunately. Have you spend time there?
    No, I have never been to France. I am planning a trip for it this May though. I'm thinking of going through the Dordogne/Perigord Noir area but the logistics for it doesn't seem easy.

here today
    Quote Originally Posted by ahimanic
    No, I have never been to France. I am planning a trip for it this May though. I'm thinking of going through the Dordogne/Perigord Noir area but the logistics for it doesn't seem easy.
    Why are they not easy? What do you want to do?
    old fart cyclist

banned
    Mar 2005

try this next time

few years ago i rode on a motorbike from marseille, through ste tropez, frejus, ste raphael, cannes, to nice, caught the ferry to corsica...rode to bastia, and caught the ferry to sardinia...rode to oblia, and caught the ferry to a little port just outside of Rome...took about a week, and i wish that i had peddled,,,fantastic scenery, food, and people, especially on the islands

maybe when i retire again

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by zenmonkey
    Why are they not easy? What do you want to do?
    I want to sight see in Paris first, then go to Salat area in the Dordogne. It appears that there is no direct train ride and there is no rental car available in Salat.

My plan is to tour Paris, Dordogne, Carcasonne then Nice. Ideally I would like to fly into Paris, take a train to Dordogne, pick up a rental and drive my way to Nice the fly out of there.

I guess I can pick up a car in Paris and drive the whole way down but it seems to be about 6 hours of driving between Paris and Dordogne. That kills a whole day.

It is also my impression that it is not that easy to rent a mini van in France?

here today
    Quote Originally Posted by ahimanic
    I want to sight see in Paris first, then go to Salat area in the Dordogne. It appears that there is no direct train ride and there is no rental car available in Salat.

My plan is to tour Paris, Dordogne, Carcasonne then Nice. Ideally I would like to fly into Paris, take a train to Dordogne, pick up a rental and drive my way to Nice the fly out of there.

I guess I can pick up a car in Paris and drive the whole way down but it seems to be about 6 hours of driving between Paris and Dordogne. That kills a whole day.

It is also my impression that it is not that easy to rent a mini van in France?
    Go to the site www.sncf-voyage.com for your train tickets. Sarlat (notice the r) is a small town with no direct train from Paris. The drive from Paris to Sarlat is about 5hrs (done it slightly under) From Sarlat to Nice however is 8 hours!

The best bet to get to Sarlat from Paris is to take a train to one of the bigger cities like Clermont-Ferrand (3 hrs train) and rent a car there (1h40 to Sarlat). Make reservations beforehand. Other cities include Brive la Gaillard, Limoges...

Cars are usually smaller/diff. here, depending on how many people you are travelling with look into renting a Kangoo (2 people plus lots of bike/luggage space - easily available) or Espace (minivan size), stay away from actual minvan (tourist trap prices) the bigger renters are Avis, Hertz and Europcar. Expect to pay thru the nose for one way drop off fees, you want to usually return the car to the starting place if you can.

If you are interested in a guided tour, I know Copampa does one (7days?) from Sarlat but I don't know how good it is.
    old fart cyclist

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by zenmonkey
    Go to the site www.sncf-voyage.com for your train tickets. Sarlat (notice the r) is a small town with no direct train from Paris. The drive from Paris to Sarlat is about 5hrs (done it slightly under) From Sarlat to Nice however is 8 hours!

The best bet to get to Sarlat from Paris is to take a train to one of the bigger cities like Clermont-Ferrand (3 hrs train) and rent a car there (1h40 to Sarlat). Make reservations beforehand. Other cities include Brive la Gaillard, Limoges...

Cars are usually smaller/diff. here, depending on how many people you are travelling with look into renting a Kangoo (2 people plus lots of bike/luggage space - easily available) or Espace (minivan size), stay away from actual minvan (tourist trap prices) the bigger renters are Avis, Hertz and Europcar. Expect to pay thru the nose for one way drop off fees, you want to usually return the car to the starting place if you can.

If you are interested in a guided tour, I know Copampa does one (7days?) from Sarlat but I don't know how good it is.
    Thanks!!! These advices are great and very helpful. You are definitely in the know, I'll have to PM you later

Time is not a road.
    It's alive!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    It's alive!
    Ah HA!! I'm glad to see you've got it working again, I know when mine was in the shop for the week gettting my fork "improved" and other boring tweeks - it felt like a loved one was in the hospital.

I'll sadly hang my head in shame and admit I get separation anxiety from my Epi.
    Hydrate or Die Trying

Time is not a road.
    It's a bit "all consuming", wondering if you're going to be riding on the weekend, watching 60 degree days bleed away... (listening to your wife gripe about your depressive state ).

Members who have read this thread: 0