Time is not a road.

Anyone on this Forum ride that bike?

No one reports on their rides! Do you all have the winter blahs? Shut in and frozen...jonesin' for the spring thaw? How about a nice winter ride?

I certainly don't get out much, but the days have sufficiently lengthened enough for me to get a few rides in after work on a short local loop. I'm converting to tubeless and got a ride out on the new 2.35 Nevegal DTC tires the other day. Fast rollers with good grip. PAINPusher, you should pick up a pair, they're the Motts!

Once the LBS gets my Stan's kit, I'm switching...bye, bye tubes! I'm really looking forward to it. Came home from this ride with two flats - damned goat heads! Oh yeah, and while it was 70 degrees on Tues, it's 20 degrees today with a nice inch of snow on the ground...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just another FOCer
    You bet ya. This past Sunday I rode my ID around Noble Canyon here in Socal.

Good times.

"I hope your gravity droppers all seize up....BASTIDS." - Aquaholic

NLZ
    The Path Bike Shop
    Winston presents - Socal Videos

Time is not a road.
    Those vids rock, dude! Thanks for those

Just another FOCer
    You're welcome. Be on the look out for some epic Palm Springs, CA videos in the Passion forum after this weekend. Should be a hot one.

Quote Originally Posted by chad1433
    Those vids rock, dude! Thanks for those

NLZ
    The Path Bike Shop

Leash Law Enforcer
    I'll try and post some stuff after riding this weekend.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    yeah, some of us did ride a little this past weekend.
    ( 200 in my group for the Croom 50, aborted to 35 ).

Yes, it was Florida, Yes it rained ( hard) yes it was muddy for about 12 miles, yes
    it was ALL SINGLETRAC.
    Last edited by Redriderpro; 02-10-2006 at 12:36 PM.

853+29+1x24=Fun
    Been doing some night rides. Went out a last Sunday. Weather is turning cold and they are calling for snow in the Mid-Atlantic. Tough for me to get out, wet feet and below freezing temps really sucks.

That Id looks too small for the guy in the first picture. Probably just a trick from the pedal positions and the jacket flying out behind him.

Brass Nipples!

Here's some pics from my weekend ride.

{Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

mtbr member

I'm no photographer...

but I know one. Check out brado1's stuff in the gallery. Great pics from where I ride by an Ellsworth rider.
    Mike
    http://gallery.mtbr.com/showgallery....hen=&whenterm=
    Last edited by Mike Brown; 02-11-2006 at 09:26 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Laguna Canyon

Okay Chad, I took my camera with me this weekend just for you....

This is Laguna Canyon out by...where else, Laguna Beach. This particularly steep and technical section of the trail is called T&A. I have no idea how it got its name. It was a really nice day around mid 70's.

Sprockethead did all the action and I played camera man.

Here's Sprockethead jumping on his new Nomad at the top of T&A.

Coming out toward the bottom of T&A

Time is not a road.
    Good stuff, Frank! Thanks!

MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    Ahimanic,
    Where is exactly T&A? I ride Aliso three times a week and I never have seen that part of the trail. I looked on the web for T&A on a few sites, but was unable to locate it. Can you help a brother out?

banned
    Mar 2005
    we get out every weekend up here, but i won't take the Id out in this. I use a winterbike and usually have to replace the drive train every spring (we need stainless steel parts up here)

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=164121

still fun though, we'll take out the bigger bikes at the end of April

Just another FOCer
    The official trail name for T&A is Laguna Ridge located in the Laguna Coast Wilderness Park.

From the main entrance. Head up Willows, turn left at the top onto Bommer Ridge. The trailhead is on the left after a couple miles. (I want to say the trail marker is number 16. Not 100% sure.)

Quote Originally Posted by pachaven
    Ahimanic,
    Where is exactly T&A? I ride Aliso three times a week and I never have seen that part of the trail. I looked on the web for T&A on a few sites, but was unable to locate it. Can you help a brother out?

NLZ
    The Path Bike Shop

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pachaven
    Ahimanic,
    Winston's direction is right. When you make the correct turn into the T&A section you'll be at the top of a ridge and you'll see 3 or 4 steel poles lined up at the beginning and immediately after the poles there is that ledge jump in my first photo. From there is a steep and narrow trough full of rocks and ruts. When you get to the bottom you'll literally come to a dead stop to stare down the wide, big boulder ledge jump that is about 4 feet high. Most people roll the boulder due to the very short run out but some do jump it. The transition was particularly rutty that day so we didn't do it. We noticed someone had cleared a section of the bushes to create a run out for another large boulder to the side but we also noticed the bushes at the end of that run have been crushed by bikers that still couldn't stop

If you go to the Fooriders.com's Tale forum you can find a couple of Winston's video clip of Laguna Ridge ride and you'll see T&A.

When you finish T&A the end of the trail dumps you out by a barbed wire fence and you're right next to the 133 hwy. Take the 133 back to the parking lot. The sign-in booth at the trailhead also has maps showing you the trails.

Drinker w/ Riding Problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Brown
    but I know one. Check out brado1's stuff in the gallery. Great pics from where I ride by an Ellsworth rider.
    Mike
    http://gallery.mtbr.com/showgallery....hen=&whenterm=
    Thanks Mike...but i am no photographer...just happen to take my cam everywhere... sadly i've kinda neglected the Ellsworth, for my sindlespeeds my Banshee and the other that's stuck to my trainer!

BTW how's the shoulder? anymore surgeries? get well!

Drinker w/ Riding Problem

This was a week or two ago....

..... i was on the Id!....and on the toilet

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Sorry, its mid-winter in SW Montana, high today might break 0 deg. F

Been a great winter for skiing, I have been on the stationary for a few hours.

Pipestone will be in shape in a couple more weeks & I will be riding there by Mid-March.

Oh I forgot to mention, its -30F at the top of the tram, not much to do today except read forums and write stupid replies....

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by brado1
    ..... i was on the Id!....and on the toilet
    Hey, you were in the ladies room

You must have the pink headset and hubs like Chad and Up Dude...pretty and strong

Time is not a road.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahimanic
    Hey, you were in the ladies room

You must have the pink headset and hubs like Chad and Up Dude...pretty and strong
    Chicks dig a sensative man...

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Chicks dig a sensative man...
    Sensitive like the Olympic male ice skaters...who are also pretty and strong

Are you kidding me?! Hugh does not have an inch of sensitive skin left on his body. With all those women on him in all those decades, he's completely desensitized! Lucky bastid.

Time is not a road.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahimanic
    Sensitive like the Olympic male ice skaters...who are also pretty and strong
    I was watching figure skating the other night and I thought, "why do they even bother to call it "men's" figure skating?" Just get rid of the gender connotation and make it a combined sport. Maybe we'll see a few more "knee bashings", too! Gillooly is back in business!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I was watching figure skating the other night and I thought, "why do they even bother to call it "men's" figure skating?" Just get rid of the gender connotation and make it a combined sport. Maybe we'll see a few more "knee bashings", too! Gillooly is back in business!
    Chad, it would be unfair to combine the "men" with the women because although the "men" are just as pretty as the women they are still much stronger.

Did you see the snowboard cross? Crazy!

Members who have read this thread: 0