Thread: $580.00

Ricky Bobby

New question here. Digital camera owners? Advice?

What brand of digital camera is best for taking *still* pictures of bicycles--and do I need a tri-pod? I will post a picture of my Ellsworth in the forum once I've made my purchase. Thanks! P.S. $580.00 doesn't have anything to do with anything. Please ignore that figure, thanks again. -Aaron
    Last edited by mville_mtnbiker; 10-21-2005 at 02:46 PM. Reason: I created a different topic for the thread.

Hill crawler
    Quote Originally Posted by mville_mtnbiker
    What brand of digital camera is best for taking *still* pictures of bicycles--and do I need a tri-pod? I will post a picture of my Ellsworth in the forum once I've made my purchase. Thanks! P.S. $580.00 doesn't have anything to do with anything. Please ignore that figure, thanks again. -Aaron
    You don't need a tripod for taking photos except, perhaps, in low-light conditions.
    Any multi-megapixel camera works just fine. Canons seem to have a particularly good reputation. Like an S70 ? Or even one of the smaller ones to take with you on your rides, "Canon Delphi" ? Note that the higher the mega-pixel count the bigger the resultant image file which may cause issues storing and uploading. In fact I've dialed down the image resolution on my 4 megal-pixel camera 'cause I don't need the resolution.

Ricky Bobby
    I appreciate your attention to the question posed.

trail fairy
    Gonna upgrade my A40 powershot to the new Ixus 700 Cannos are awesome simple to use and load images to pc nice!
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Ricky Bobby

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! My Id

Quote Originally Posted by mville_mtnbiker
    I will post a picture of my Ellsworth in the forum once I've made my purchase.
    Ellsworth Id (2005)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Time is not a road.
    Nice bike! It looks practically brand new...do you ride it?

I guess you finally got that digital camera...

Ricky Bobby
    Quote Originally Posted by chad1433
    Nice bike! It looks practically brand new...do you ride it?

I guess you finally got that digital camera...
    Thanks for the compliment, funny that you should say that it looks new, it was one of the very last Id bikes that Ellsworth had in stock. Hmmm, yes...I do ride the snot out of it. Truly a beast of a bike, a monster, if you will. I love it, it feels like home to me. A truly perfect fit. And, by the way, the digital camera actually came to me as a gift from a friend in Colorado, I'm truly blessed with abundance.
    Last edited by mville_mtnbiker; 12-30-2005 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Forgot: 'that'.

Time is not a road.
    I like the orange...it's too bad Ellsworth isn't making too many colorful bikes these days.

Did I see a red Truth somewhere?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chad1433
    I like the orange...it's too bad Ellsworth isn't making too many colorful bikes these days.

Did I see a red Truth somewhere?
    I would have to disagree, look at the streak anodized Epiphany and Rogue. Those are pretty colorful.

I think the Truth came in red a couple of years back. I know the id did. I think the problem with anodized red is that it has a tendency to fade. I've seen a couple of red ids that became pinkish.

Cool thing about Ellsworth colors is that once in a while there will be a special run color. Last year I saw a dealer with a smooth anodized Truth that came in an iridescent purple with flame etching on the top tube. That was unique and I should've taken a picture of it. I've also seen mini Truths in anodized shot peened purple. If you can get your hands on a proto type there is always something different in the finish or graphics. For instance, I rode a demo fleet Moment that had flairs and the phrase "Ride and Know" etched on the top tube.

Time is not a road.
    You California boys get to do everything...

Ricky Bobby

For Sale: Ellsworth Id

Sold!
    Last edited by mville_mtnbiker; 11-13-2006 at 05:25 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0