XC Trails Near Georgetown- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

XC Trails Near Georgetown

I am moving from Bolton, 8kms from Albion Hills to Georgetown in a month or two and am curious if anyone knows of any decent XC trails in that area. I am going to miss my 8 minute drive to Albion 3-4 days/week, but I need to find something decent that is close to home when I move. I will still go to Albion, but it will be a 40 minute drive. Part of what has kept me riding so much is the closeness of the trails. I realize that Kelso is not too far, but a shorter drive or ride to the trails is always good. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Thx.

Neil

mtbr member

Others may offer some more detail

Waterdown and Scottsdale Farm

I have not had a chance to do either yet, but from posts on this board along with Kelso and Hilton Falls are youre closest trails to Georgetown.

Not sure on directions or parking to either ( yeah I know Im a lot of help ) Kind of looking for that info myself.

Where to park for Waterdown and how to get to the trail head?? Anyone help??

Cheers....

From Georgetown...Kelso is only 10-15min drive

livin' large
    Loads of trails around Georgetown, where abouts in georgetown are you moving, some area have trail heads that are in town.

If you need a tour let me know, I live in town, we have loads of trails, I just don't want to spill the beans on the net, as access will suffer with over crowding.

And Kelso/Hiton are the closest pay type areas, I only ride there maybe a qurter of the time as there are so many other choice trails
    it tied the room together man!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley
    Where to park for Waterdown and how to get to the trail head?? Anyone help??
    As per your request; Waterdown.
    I ..... need ..... DIRT!!!!!

... and cookies. :D

mtbr member

Georgetown XC options

Quote Originally Posted by canadian-clydesdale
    Loads of trails around Georgetown, where abouts in georgetown are you moving, some area have trail heads that are in town.

If you need a tour let me know, I live in town, we have loads of trails, I just don't want to spill the beans on the net, as access will suffer with over crowding.

And Kelso/Hiton are the closest pay type areas, I only ride there maybe a qurter of the time as there are so many other choice trails
    Thanks for the information. I am moving to the south end of town in another month or two. Mountainview and 10th sideroad to be more specific. I won't have to worry about it for a little while.

If you could let me know where the trailheads are, that would be great. I would definitely be up for a tour once I have moved. My email is [email protected]. Perhaps you could drop me a line with some info. Thanks again.

N.

livin' large
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbmeister
    Thanks for the information. I am moving to the south end of town in another month or two. Mountainview and 10th sideroad to be more specific. I won't have to worry about it for a little while.

If you could let me know where the trailheads are, that would be great. I would definitely be up for a tour once I have moved. My email is [email protected]. Perhaps you could drop me a line with some info. Thanks again.

N.
    Shoot me a PM and I'll give you the lowdown
    it tied the room together man!

mtbr member

Shoot you a PM?

Quote Originally Posted by canadian-clydesdale
    Shoot me a PM and I'll give you the lowdown
    Sorry, but can you confirm the rhetoric? Thanks.

N.

mtbr member
    looking at the dates of this thread i feel like i'm ressurecting it. i just moved back to georgetown and when i left i wasn't riding. anyone up for sharing the trailheads with me or going for a ride would be greatly appreciated. thanks!!

mtbr member
    anyone out there lol??

Evil Jr.
    I've heard there are some nice trails in Erin and I don't actually know where they are but I think if you ask nicely, the bike shop in town might point you in the right direction.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

likes to rides bikes
    Okay, I'll say it: Bruce Trail through Terra Cotta and over to the Cheltenham Clayhills is pretty good. And Terra Cotta Conservation Area has a couple loops to add to the ride.

Now, what you do with this info is totally up to you.

Up, Up, and Away!
    For 35 bucks you could join the Caledon Cycling Club and have official permission to ride some great trails on private property not far from you.

namagomi
    Quote Originally Posted by VR6ix View Post
    Okay, I'll say it: Bruce Trail through Terra Cotta and over to the Cheltenham Clayhills is pretty good. And Terra Cotta Conservation Area has a couple loops to add to the ride.

Now, what you do with this info is totally up to you.
    I think you are the to tempt the poor guy.

lol....

likes to rides bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by electrik View Post
    I think you are the to tempt the poor guy.

lol....
    I thought my disclaimer was pretty good
    I'm biased - literally grew-up with those trails at the end of my family's driveway. Haven't ridden there in 5 years so I don't know what the local bikes/Bruce sentiment is like. The section through Glen Williams was always posted No Bikes but that's because of the steepness aka people skidding down hills.

mtbr member
    thanks for the info everyone, looked up the terra cotta section, doesnt say bikes are allowed... i think i'll stray from those trials to be on the safe side.