XC Trails in the Laurentians- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

XC Trails in the Laurentians

I was thinking of vacationing around the Laurentians (Tremblant/St. Jovite area) this summer with my wife and I was hoping to ride some singletrack in the area. Problem is I don't know of any...and the trails section of MTBR doesn't seem to show any either.

If anyone knows of riding in the area, or of any web sites or information I can obtain about riding in the area, please post here.

I'm looking for something along the lines of Albion (not too technical), but I'm not picky.

Merci

May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by noonievut
    I was thinking of vacationing around the Laurentians (Tremblant/St. Jovite area) this summer with my wife and I was hoping to ride some singletrack in the area. Problem is I don't know of any...and the trails section of MTBR doesn't seem to show any either.

If anyone knows of riding in the area, or of any web sites or information I can obtain about riding in the area, please post here.

I'm looking for something along the lines of Albion (not too technical), but I'm not picky.

Merci
    Most of what I've ridden up north would be considered more backcountry/freeride, but it's still fun. Check out Prevost and Ste-Anne-du-Lacs. There's been an infestation of logging recently, so some of the trails are getting replaced by $%#@ condos, but give it a shot. There's lots of biking, but the locals are the best resource.

Buzzrider

Bonking ... not feelin' well

Prevost once contained 100 year old trails that were built by the legendary Jack Rabbit Johansen. They have almost all been destroyed by logging, only the perimeter is still available and the loggers are now working on that.
    Someone is building a house directly on the main trail Sainte Anne des Lacs, my home town, and it looks like the days are numbered for one of the best trail in the Laurentians.
    Some of the trails in Tremblant are now covered in gravel and are simply access trails for the Condo’s, others are now hiking trails, illegal for bikes. They still advertise mountain biking on thier web site, but the good trails are history.
    The buck rules up here, municipalities want the tax money to roll in in so permits are issued no questions asked. Soon all the trails will be gone and the north will be a shopping mall.
    Sorry, just wanted to vent!
    Last edited by Buzzrider; 04-28-2005 at 04:05 PM.