X Country ride + camping in quebec or maine- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006

X Country ride + camping in quebec or maine

Anyone have any suggestion for a camping and biking vacation spots in Quebec or Maine. I live in NB and I'm planning a trip for the summer. The only place I've found so far is Mont Saint Anne(I love it there it's where I take most of my Ski vacations). Anyway I'm driving distance to Maine or Quebec. any suggestions are welcome.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Kingdom Trails Vermont.

160KM of sweet single track, $16USD per night camping on the trails, and a great town for biking.

Consider the extra drive from NB, it's about 4 hours from Montreal, and maybe out of your range, but it's a great place.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    That sounds awsome, which camp ground has that deal going?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    That would be the East Burke Mountian Campground.
    You should be able to find a phone number online, thats where I get it.

Make reservations in advanced!! They get full very fast. They have like 25 sites I think.. Almost always full of bikers

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Kindom trail is great, the campground is basic but fine and full of bikers. If you want a campground that has more facilities, there are two or three within 30 minutes from KingdomTrails. There is also a lot of other trails in the area of KingdomTrails, lets say within 1-2h driving distance like Stowe, SleepyHollow, Catamount, etc.

In Maine, there is a spot I went to a couple of years ago that was also quite fun, they have some wooded stunts. They also have their own camping area (very small) and they also offer some kind of bed & breakfast type in the main house of the owner. Here is the web site: http://www.bikebackcountry.com/

Have fun.

IMBA Canada
    Aug 2004
    Kingdom Trails are definately worth the drive... and it's a bit less then 3H from Montreal... Figure 3-4H from Qc city. In the middle of the beautiful Northeast Kingdom you'll find the most flowy single track in eastern north america! Forget about double track XC-ski trails like Ste-Anne has... think flow, made for bikes and one great ride!

If you want really basic and rustic camping, check out the Burke Campground.

There is a campground also near a lake maybe 20min out of Burke... can't remember the name right now...

We went to KT just last week for their opening w-e, check it out:

http://www.clubveloepic.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1064

Hope this helps!
    ADSVMQ :: Quebec mountain bike trail advocacy group www.ADSVMQ.org

Members who have read this thread: 0