WOO-HOO...Group Ride!! [o]- Mtbr.com
    Muskoka

WOO-HOO...Group Ride!! [o]

https://get.google.com/albumarchive/...127?source=pwa

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"
    Rocky Mountain Sherpa Overland

No. Just No.
    The fatbike crew always looks like they're having a lot of fun. Unless someone has built up a dead ringer for Johnny Hair Boy's new bike shown in a recent thread, maybe Johnny Hair Boy is really not a johnny hair boy at all.

(j/k)

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Looks like fun!

Muskoka
    QUOTE=Circlip;8891631]The fatbike crew always looks like they're having a lot of fun. Unless someone has built up a dead ringer for Johnny Hair Boy's new bike shown in a recent thread, maybe Johnny Hair Boy is really not a johnny hair boy at all.

(j/k)[/QUOTE]

Yes, JHB's bike! Being ridden, extremely well I might add, by Mrs. JHB!! What a gorgeous bike!!! To be honest I was underwhelmed with the redesigned 907 from pics I have seen, but this bike looks AMAZING in reality! Johnnny's build is spot on, the colour scheme throughout just pops!! First fatbike I have seen that I would seriously consider replacing old Barney Zirple with!

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    The fatbike crew always looks like they're having a lot of fun. Unless someone has built up a dead ringer for Johnny Hair Boy's new bike shown in a recent thread, maybe Johnny Hair Boy is really not a johnny hair boy at all.

(j/k)
    That would be JHB's very lucky significant other we work completely different schedules & both get the opportunity to enjoy this beautiful bike. Thanks so much to BCD & the crew for an awesome day of riding in the beautiful town of Gravenhurst.

mtbr Decade+
    First fatbike I have seen that I would seriously consider replacing old Barney Zirple with!
    First dibs on purple zirple!
    "I love being on a bike. It helps me feel free. I get it from my dad", by Guillaume Blanchet

Moderator Moderator
    Nice fat winter passion!!!!

Evil Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merdoff View Post
    That would be JHB's very lucky significant other we work completely different schedules & both get the opportunity to enjoy this beautiful bike. Thanks so much to BCD & the crew for an awesome day of riding in the beautiful town of Gravenhurst.
    AHA! It all makes perfect sense now! Awesome bike (sorry I didn't say so in the cold feet thread, ) and looks like it was a gorgeous day out!
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster View Post
    AHA! It all makes perfect sense now! Awesome bike (sorry I didn't say so in the cold feet thread, ) and looks like it was a gorgeous day out!
    I solved the cold feet problem. In addition to using his bike, I also used his shoes which allowed enough room for 3 pairs of socks & plastic bags. They were toasty warm throughout the 4hr ride John ordered a pair of the shimano winter shoes which hopefully will solve his problem.

bi-winning
    Awesome post.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Muskoka
    I solved the cold feet problem. In addition to using his bike, I also used his shoes which allowed enough room for 3 pairs of socks & plastic bags. They were toasty warm throughout the 4hr ride John ordered a pair of the shimano winter shoes which hopefully will solve his problem.
    You can never generalize about what will or will not work for individuals re keeping hands and feet comfy. Everybody is different, learned that long ago from xc-skiing. Same 4 hr ride, I was fine in my Exustar winter shoes and 1 pair of well worn medium weight socks! Another rider in this group had riding boots with built in heaters!!

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCanoeDog View Post
    You can never generalize about what will or will not work for individuals re keeping hands and feet comfy. Everybody is different, learned that long ago from xc-skiing. Same 4 hr ride, I was fine in my Exustar winter shoes and 1 pair of well worn medium weight socks! Another rider in this group had riding boots with built in heaters!!
    Absolutely! I'm usually quick to overheat with the exception of my feet which tend to always be cold. Who had the boots with built in heaters?

Muskoka
    Absolutely! Who had the boots with built in heaters?
    Doug D. I saw him adjusting them, and meant to check out brand etc. But then I was distracted by something else ( I think it was that stunning 907 ) and never thought of it again!

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

Muskoka

some fun in the sun...

and in photoshop lol

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

Evil Jr.
    OT, but I couldn't think of a better place to spread some fresh fat bike news:

Salsa FS prototype:

On-One Askja:

Wow, so fighting desire to get one...
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

LBS Manager
    I like the look of that Salsa Prototype. They said they are not sure if they will ever produce that model but I hope it eventually makes it to market. I have learned that my "old man" back dose not like hard tails I think I will try a suspension seat post. Every time I ride my fat bike I am blown away by how well it handles in snow. The only conditions that give me any trouble are really wet slushy snow. I had it out on my local trails yesterday and took it down a trail that has the tightest switchbacks I have ever seen and it cornered like a dream. The snow was not packed down enough to try climbing the switchbacks but I will eventually try climbing the steep stuff on this bike.

No. Just No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Hair Boy View Post
    The snow was not packed down enough to try climbing the switchbacks but I will eventually try climbing the steep stuff on this bike.
    I would like to try climbing really steep stuff in the dry on a fatbike!

bi-winning
    Wow, so fighting desire to get one...
    Wait until you can get a fat bike in carbon.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Muskoka
    I doubt there is any gain by going FS for on-snow riding. Possibly some benefits in the off season though, and I do like this home brew version below. Well done!!

https://forums.mtbr.com/fat-bikes/an...ty-757352.html

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

Evil Jr.
    Hmmm, I have a Maverick fork like that on a Brodie I converted to a 69er. I wonder if I could fit a wheel like that in there?

Muskoka
    That thread makes me wish I had taken welding & machine shop in High School!!!

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

namagomi
    They're definitely a lot more appealing than a 29r...

Evil Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by electrik View Post
    They're definitely a lot more appealing than a 29r...
    I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong but I think the outside diameter of the fat tire makes it essentially a 29er. So you'd get all the benefits of the big wheels without having to jump on the fanboi bandwagon!

Muskoka
    I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong but I think the outside diameter of the fat tire makes it essentially a 29er. So you'd get all the benefits of the big wheels without having to jump on the fanboi bandwagon!
    Correct, and with the Big Fat Larry tires like Merdoff has on that 907 its probably 30" or better!

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

namagomi
    Good because if there is anything i hate around here it's dumb as nails experts.

Muskoka
    Absolutely! I'm usually quick to overheat with the exception of my feet which tend to always be cold. Who had the boots with built in heaters?
    I was on a ride this morning that included Doug D and temp was -18 C. I had my winter Exustars and I was fine. I asked him about his heated hiking boots, they are Wind River brand, look to be pretty good if you are riding flats. Doug is troubled by cold feet hence the heated boots. He seems to be very happy with them.

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

mtbr member
    Well now you'er talking, F/S Fat bikes ok i'm listening. 6" ???