Wife and kids are gone for another week. Time to ride....some more.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Wife and kids are gone for another week. Time to ride....some more.

Wife and kids have been in Florida for a week. I dont pick them up untill monday, so I want to get some more riding in. Made it out to Kolapore last week but the rider I took with me whined alot about all the climbing. I love climbing.

Any who, hes not invited this time. Thinking I will hit up the brant tract on saturday and then hitting up nordic for a pre ride on sunday, then head to 3 stage.

Im tired of riders bailing after 2 hours of slow riding so im going solo.
    How confusing is 3 stage? I normally dont get lost when im out. I will have my phone wih gps running but I dont know how gps coverage is out there. Hopefully i can make a good day trip out of it.

Im also done riding with people that have to "be home to have a nap before night shift"

mtbr member
    LOL .... time for a riding partner upgrade ;-)

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Not that bad - it is literally 3 stages - east west and south - all the sections have loops and you can work your way across to all 3 sections

there is a road on 3 sides of the area, and some double track trails that will get you out to a road if you get too lost.

if you descend down the escarpment, come back up the way you came down - otherwise you'll be ok

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Perfect. If its broken into sections I will be fine. Thanks.

Im always up for a ride with people but when I drive 40min to do it I would like to make a fun day of it. If im outclassed it just pushes me harder. I dont whine.

Not sure if the brant tract is a good ride. From what I have seen its a nice fast flowy trail. Everything around me is fairly technical so I welcome the change. Plus i jeed to work on high speed cornering.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Is there multiple places to enter 3 stage?

And so im clear, take 19 to 2nd line. Follow it south till I see parking?
    Last edited by machine4321; 08-23-2012 at 07:24 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Well ive been busy. I am so happy to live where I do.

Managed to get to the Lindsay Tract up the bruce peninsula on friday night for a good 15km. Great trails if your in the area. Super tecnical. Leave your xc race tires at home, they use sharp shale type rocks layed on end to create bridges over wet areas lol. Was great fun.

Saturday lead me to the brant tract near paisley. Wow what great fun. I am surrounded by tecnical trails full of rocks and roots, so little chance to carry good speed and create some flow. Brant was great. 25km in a couple hours. Averaged about 14kph. Thats so much faster then any of the trails near me. Will go back there again.

Sunday, Made the pre ride at duntroon, best trail of the ocup series. After a couple laps there, headed out to 3 stage. Started out at the bottom (i like climbing). Wow what an amzing place to be. Trails were a blast. It is hard to get your bearings but a compass and a map is all that is needed, and as others have said the double tracks can get you out of trouble.

Gps says only 24km, not sure if thats right, it felt like a lot longer as we hit almost every trail on the map (i know there is lots not on the map) . 1600ft climbed. Im so beat!! Made a good 4.5 hours out of it.

Im in bed ready to relax for the night before picking upmthe family tomorrow.

Hope they dont plan on wanting to move anyntime in the next 20 years. Im not going anywhere.

sock puppet

nice writeup...

glad you enjoyed the time in the saddle...

Quote Originally Posted by machine4321 View Post
    Well ive been busy. I am so happy to live where I do.

Managed to get to the Lindsay Tract up the bruce peninsula on friday night for a good 15km. Great trails if your in the area. Super tecnical. Leave your xc race tires at home, they use sharp shale type rocks layed on end to create bridges over wet areas lol. Was great fun.

Saturday lead me to the brant tract near paisley. Wow what great fun. I am surrounded by tecnical trails full of rocks and roots, so little chance to carry good speed and create some flow. Brant was great. 25km in a couple hours. Averaged about 14kph. Thats so much faster then any of the trails near me. Will go back there again.

Sunday, Made the pre ride at duntroon, best trail of the ocup series. After a couple laps there, headed out to 3 stage. Started out at the bottom (i like climbing). Wow what an amzing place to be. Trails were a blast. It is hard to get your bearings but a compass and a map is all that is needed, and as others have said the double tracks can get you out of trouble.

Gps says only 24km, not sure if thats right, it felt like a lot longer as we hit almost every trail on the map (i know there is lots not on the map) . 1600ft climbed. Im so beat!! Made a good 4.5 hours out of it.

Im in bed ready to relax for the night before picking upmthe family tomorrow.

Hope they dont plan on wanting to move anyntime in the next 20 years. Im not going anywhere.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    My " saddle " is a little sore.

likes to rides bikes
    here's a link to one of the GPS maps that I use when out in 3 Stage: https://img545.imageshack.us/img545/5512/3stagemap.jpg

It's not perfect
    It's not up-to-date
    But it's damn good, and
    It's enough to get you where you want to be going

Save the picture file to your computer and print it out on 11x17 paper on the colour laser-jet at work
    also known as Plaid Shirt Guy...

9 lives
    Nice variety of riding places (Kolapore is one of my favs) plus amazing weather!
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Thanks!! That map has alot more trails then the old one we had.
    Kolapore is great too. 3 stage is my new fav.

9 lives
    Quote Originally Posted by machine4321 View Post
    Thanks!! That map has alot more trails then the old one we had.
    Kolapore is great too. 3 stage is my new fav.
    I like riding 3stage from the bottom up too and the pay-off is the ride down

3stage and Kolapore are beautiful in the fall (later fall the better) ... just need to be mindful of the hikers
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

Members who have read this thread: 0