Where to stay when hitting Bromont?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Where to stay when hitting Bromont?

Me and some buds are going up to Bromont for opening day weekend (5/7) and are looking for some lodging options. We prefer to stay on the cheap side so we're looking for camping but all we can find is family campgrounds. Ideally, we could find something a little more open and or rural. We'd rather not keep people up at night and risk getting booted out of our site. It doesn't have to be right next to Bromont but the closer the better. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks in advance!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Camping Fairmont - Iron Hill.

We camped and partied there for years.

The current website puts on a family vibe, but they had a bar and more than a few times things got loud and many many beers were consumed.

If you poke around in that Iron Hill area you could find a dead end path into some bush if you wanted, but take your chances with an angry frenchman chasing you out with a shot gun.

mtbr member
    I know you said you would prefer camping, but since I have no experience there... When I used to do DH, me and a few other guys would go to Bromont once or twice a season. 3 or 4 years in a row we stayed at Auberge du Badouillard, about 10min. bike ride from the lifts. I don't recall the pricing now, but it was very reasonable when you put 2 guys in a room. They had no problem with us keeping bikes in the room either, and you could was them outside too. They had good food too, so no need to run around to look for breakfast before your day of riding.

Arek

Members who have read this thread: 0