Where to Ride (Sarnia)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2011

Where to Ride (Sarnia)

Hey guys, I've been looking around on the forum and the internet for the last couple days, just trying to find more places to ride my bike. The last few years I've been riding a lot of Provincial Parks and random bike trails around the sarnia area. I haven't tried London yet. Looking to get to Boller this weekend with my brother. Also looking forward to hitting Collingwood, and Inverhuron bike park this year. Ill be picking my new bike up in a few weeks or so (07 Marin East Peak). so I'm trying to plan a few road trips to break it in. I like cross country, but love down hill stuff. pretty much if there is a trail, I'd love to hit it. Any info or suggestions would be appreciated.

Mike
    Sarnia Ontario

Steady Creepin'
    I can see Sarnia being a tough spot to be a mountain biker, flat terrain and few options There's some good spots around though if you're not against taking a drive and it doesn't sound like you are...

Boler and Fanshawe Lake in London are good. Boler can be tough if you've got a heavy long travel bike, lots of climbing, fun trails though.

There's Parkhill Conservation area, in Parkhill (about half-hour NW of London). The trails are also used by ATV's, I been there once and there was substantial trail damage, but still rideable. There's a portion of the park (Kime Tract) that's off-limits to ATV's, but the trail is still open to horses, so that's something to keep in mind.

Wildwood Conservation area opened up some new trail last year, it ends up being a 25k loop around the lake. It's located in St.Mary's, which is between London and Stratford.

A bit more your way is Two Creeks Conservation area near Wheatley. I've never been there but have heard great things. I'm planning on checking this place out myself sometime this summer. Free to ride as far as I know, but don't quote me on that one.

Good luck. If I think of any others, I'll post em..
    Last edited by LuMach; 05-16-2011 at 09:34 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Thanks LuMach, I have heard of a couple of these places. and been to a couple as well. I was at the LBS here in Sarnia and they also told me about Port Franks. I guess guys are there almost every weekend. They say its not very tecky at all, but its got some good terrain.

Where abouts are you located?

Steady Creepin'
    I'm in London.

Port Franks? No kidding, I've been riding my road bike around there but had no clue there was MTB'ing in the area. Cool, will have to look into that.

Members who have read this thread: 0