Where to find USED BIKE in Southern Ontario?- Mtbr.com

Apr 2006

Where to find USED BIKE in Southern Ontario?

Guys, I need help! I've beat Ebay to death, Pinkbike and MTBR too. Either the deals are sketchy or the seller is totally unsure about shipping. I'd love to be able to drive to it, ride it and buy it. I've been looking for a Norco Sasquatch, Kona Stuff or any comparible Dirt Jumper/ Park bike. I've been looking for a classified specific to Ontario or at least the East coast. If I still lived in BC I'd have found a 100 bikes by now, there just arent many listing for this area. Also if you know of any dealers that have killer prices or last years stock I'd like to know, if I can get something new at a deal that would be cool too. I've been looking everyday for 3 weeks and I'm so ready to go riding, I need help!
    thanks, Nate

Space for rent...
    Silent sports have a number of "swaps" throughout the year. You just missed one, but if you can wait, who knows it might be what you are looking for.

http://www.silentsports.com/store/st...showpage&id=23
    It's only pain......

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by N8701
    I've been looking for a classified specific to Ontario or at least the East coast.
    thanks, Nate
    Okay, first things first - where are you located (city)?
    I ..... need ..... DIRT!!!!!

... and cookies. :D

almost there!
    have you tried the classifieds on this website:

http://www.canadiancyclist.com

LBS Manager

The best place for Ontario

The best place I have found for Ontario content is www.canadiancyclist.com in the classifieds section. Also I know Dukes cycle often has used bikes and consignment sales.

banned
    Mar 2005
    don't have any Sarnia locations, but there are a few stores in Toronto that sell used bikes...they're mostly stolen bikes so i'd be very carefull

Best to let a few local lbs's know what you're looking for...many take in trades from customers who are upgrading so its usually not that great a bike or its in bad condition, but occassionaly something half decent comes in

good luck

Apr 2006
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'm in Sarnia (Blob), and its great to be so close to Michigan and some of the deals over there but were almost cut off from the rest of Ontario. I drive to London every once in a while, and the shops there are great but I think the prices reflect the general wealth in that city, I don't blame them but it does make it harder to get a deal. I'll check out the links and let you know. Thanks again, Nate

Bike Junkie

Spec. P3?

A buddy of mine showed me this link about an hour before I read this

http://groups.google.ca/group/tor.fo...323e0490c88e54.
    See You On The Trails!

mtbr member

Apr 2006

SSteve F Rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by SSteve F
    Silent sports have a number of "swaps" throughout the year. You just missed one, but if you can wait, who knows it might be what you are looking for.

http://www.silentsports.com/store/st...showpage&id=23
    Thanks a lot man, I took your advice and called Silent Sports today and it turns out they had a 2005 Sasquatch new in a box for $500 off retail. Anyway I drove down to Toronto this morning and picked it up, I'm so stoked. I really appreciate you taking the time to reply to my post, it saved me $500, thats huge.
    Thanks, Nate

Mar 2006

MEC OutdoorGearSwap.com

You could also check out Mountain Equipment Co-Op's website. It's not quite as good as CanadianCyclist.com but it's worth a look.

http://www.mec.ca/Apps/outdoorGearSw...=1145584324089

Space for rent...
    Thanks a lot man, I took your advice and called Silent Sports today and it turns out they had a 2005 Sasquatch new in a box for $500 off retail. Anyway I drove down to Toronto this morning and picked it up, I'm so stoked. I really appreciate you taking the time to reply to my post, it saved me $500, thats huge.
    Thanks, Nate
    Nice one!........go and get the bad boy dirty, and post some pictures!
    It's only pain......

Mar 2006
    Thanks, Nate
    Yes, its a good store. Lots of non-bike stuff too thats hard to find elsewhere.
    Do they still put together their own line of bikes?

Jan 2004
    buying used bikes is a bad idea.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel
    buying used bikes is a bad idea.
    Nigel - you're joking right? How do you justify that statement?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by prod
    Yes, its a good store. Lots of non-bike stuff too thats hard to find elsewhere.
    Do they still put together their own line of bikes?
    If you're talking about Thin Blue Line - I don't think so. I haven't seen one of those in years.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen Cyclepath's equivalent (Wheeler and Maxam) in years, either.

Could be wrong, though.
    I ..... need ..... DIRT!!!!!

... and cookies. :D

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTO
    If you're talking about Thin Blue Line - I don't think so. I haven't seen one of those in years.
    I saw one of those at the Lake to Lake last year. That event is like a huge bike show
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Members who have read this thread: 1