Where to find cheap?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Where to find cheap?

Hey all! I'm looking for a place to buy a disc brake adaptor for my Manitou Minute. I want to run either a 185 or 203 rotor up front and the few places I called said $50 for one.

$50!!!!! What the ......... uhhhh, no!

So, anyone out there know where I can find these less expensive? Yes, I already checked MEC and they don't have them (at least not on their site).

Also, open invitation for anyone in the GTA or "reasonably surrounding area" that HAS one. I'd like to see one in person. If I can get a few measurements then I can just make my own at work.

Let me know.

PATIA!
    I ..... need ..... DIRT!!!!!

... and cookies. :D

Hoss Dee-Lux'n It
    Mar 2005
    I have asked in the MEC store as I wanted to run a 8" rotor up front and they did have any.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Try these guys...

...they're usually reasonably priced.

http://www.momentumsports.ca/PDF%20f...0the%20web.pdf

May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTO
    Hey all! I'm looking for a place to buy a disc brake adaptor for my Manitou Minute. I want to run either a 185 or 203 rotor up front and the few places I called said $50 for one.

$50!!!!! What the ......... uhhhh, no!

So, anyone out there know where I can find these less expensive? Yes, I already checked MEC and they don't have them (at least not on their site).

Also, open invitation for anyone in the GTA or "reasonably surrounding area" that HAS one. I'd like to see one in person. If I can get a few measurements then I can just make my own at work.

Let me know.

PATIA!
    If you 203mm you can run the Hayes Post to Post Adaptor usally listed as a manitou 8" adaptor and sells for $30. you can also use a hayes 8" rotor kit which is $75. that makes your conversion $105 which isn't bad. If you go with 185mm rotors you're stuck with the avid stuff.

Lates
    Owen

mtbr member
    I made a few more calls last night.

Adaptor $16
    203mm Hayes rotor $65

New, ordered, as in not take-offs or anything like that. Damn, for those prices I think i'll spend a few bucks and do some experimenting with the rear, too.

Thanks for the heads-ups guys!!!!!!!!!!! Damn, I love this place. Great resource!
    I ..... need ..... DIRT!!!!!

... and cookies. :D