What do you guys have going on this weekend?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2004

What do you guys have going on this weekend?

Well,
    Buffalo is soaked and I am sure you guys have been getting it too. Unfortunately our trails don't dry too fast.

Do you guys have any trails rides near the border/niagara falls that would be dry enough to ride? Bruce trail is the only one I know of, but never been on it. Others dry?

Jason

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Niagara Area

I don't live in that area, but I suggest you check the trails section out on this site and find those close to the border. Maybe call a few and ask about their conditions. Anything on top of the escarpment should be a little drier. I'm not sure which areas of SW Ontario got the most rain, but I would think the region north of Buffalo has got slammed, so you may need to drive an hour or so north.

Good luck.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I am willing to drive an hour north, but wouldn't mind hearing from guys in the area saying its dry so I don't waste an hour up and an hour down with no riding because of it being too wet.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Mississauga

I just called a place that's about a 2hr drive from the border on a good day, that I'm planning to go to, and they said it's fairly dry and they didn't get much rain last night/yesterday. So based on this, it seems there are areas that should be dry for the weekend. Have a list of places, a map, and a cell phone and I say go for it!

mtbr member
    Just drove by Kelso, upper gates were still closed, but website says it's open as of 1:00 pm. Very little rain here in last couple of days so things should be dried up for the weekend. Kelso is only about an hour and 15 from the border at Buffalo.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Based on the trail section review these are all the directions they offer: Will these get me there?

401 to milton, which is 25. Follow directions to Kelso/glen eden after getting off the highway

mtbr member

easiest way to get there for you would be to take

the QEW hamilton/toronto, then hit the begining of the 407 tole highway , its an automated system but you wont get charged cuz your not from ontario.

get off on your first exit after entering the 407, hwy 5, make a right, then drive for about 5 to 10 minutes until you hit Tremaine road , just past a school bus storage place(leftside). Turn left on Tremaine then keep driving north untill you hit steels (10 to 15 minutes) make a left to go to the top of the hill, straight through and fooloow the signs for the base.

its the skis and bikes test a bike day up there(sunday) or something like that, i dont think i'll make it and i signed up for a free test ride on some bikes so feel free to use my name or say your my friend or something to get some free test rides.
    If I wanted to objectify a women I'd do it on my terms not theirs.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Hilton instead

You could go to Hilton Falls instead, it's not far (25 & Campbellville rd) and will definately be open. I plan to go there tomorrow morning and will look out for a Buffalo Bills jersey

They say I have a problem
    Watch the tolls...I think recently the 407ETR people have entered into an agreement with Michigan and New York so that those residents are indeed responsible for tolls....It's similar to how traffic tickets here will effect your standing in your home state...

Right from the horse's mouth, or site:

"Q. Do out-of-province users get a free ride?
    A. All users of the highway are billed, including out of province and U.S. users. If you choose to travel 407 ETR you are required by law to pay all tolls, fees and interest. The monthly bill is due upon mailing."
    Last edited by rbart4506; 05-28-2004 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Checked the 407 site....
    "The meek shall inherit the earth"

T.Dot Represent
    i am riding the don sunday
    fiiiiiiiiiiiinchizzzzzzzzzzle