what???- Mtbr.com

Thread: what???

sock puppet

what???

no, nogears... it is not going to be used for the singlespeed project... it'll be the ultimate racing machine... i'll be catching you up a lot sooner on Tuesdays...

aint it purdy?
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

Don't you have enough bikes?

Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    no, nogears... it is not going to be used for the singlespeed project... it'll be the ultimate racing machine... i'll be catching you up a lot sooner on Tuesdays...

aint it purdy?
    Hey Oggie,

Can't you find a bike that works for you? What is this, your third or fourth mtb you own. Actually, I am just jealous that I can't have a couple more in my garage. Although I picked up one of these that one of the guys had out last week and it was a pound or two heavier than my FS carbon fibre Giant. I hope you get the right components on it for that kind of cake...

N.

bi-winning
    Oh dang! Looks very purdy. My favourite colours too. Yes a carbon hardtail would be perfect for the shorter weekly races. I hope you enjoy that while i continue to ride my 31lb beast. Surly you have enough bikes now...
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

sock puppet

:) :) :)

Quote Originally Posted by mtbmeister
    Hey Oggie,

Can't you find a bike that works for you? What is this, your third or fourth mtb you own. Actually, I am just jealous that I can't have a couple more in my garage. Although I picked up one of these that one of the guys had out last week and it was a pound or two heavier than my FS carbon fibre Giant. I hope you get the right components on it for that kind of cake...

N.
    lemme see..

geez, i only have 3 mountain bikes... absolute necessity:
    FS all mountain 5+ inches of travel
    FS endurance racing 4 inches of travel
    HT racing beast 80mm fork...

oh wait, 2 more road bikes, one "fast" racing bike and one titanium cyclocross and winter bike...

yes, that is it... only 5 bikes.. how can you go less than that???

now my GF bikes:

just kidding... she has 1 MTB that she uses for everything...

what goes on this frame? sram XO, RF Deus X-type, Magura Marta SL, Mavic Crossmax SL, Fizik, Fox F80X, RF Next SL flat bar, RF Deus stem... guess that should be it...

rad to the power of sick
    giggity giggity....

I have one bike and im broke.

How much does the frame weigh?
    Some great sets for the trainer:
    https://www.mixcloud.com/djfeelgood/

sock puppet

something like...

Quote Originally Posted by superlightracer
    giggity giggity....

I have one bike and im broke.

How much does the frame weigh?
    2.6 pounds...

superlight, eh?

Eat me.
    Jun 2006

geez

my scandium kona kula supreme is 2.7 lbs
    how much did you pay for that???

sock puppet

nice..

Quote Originally Posted by FooFighter
    my scandium kona kula supreme is 2.7 lbs
    how much did you pay for that???
    i just didnt want to go aluminum or scandium - wanted something that will be a bit more comfortable - carbon... size is XL... i think medium frame is around 2.3 pounds or something like that...

paid less than $1000 with seatpost, front derailleur and headset - shipped...

it retails for well over $2300 before taxes - bare bone frame....

Misfit Psycles

aint it purdy?
    tis purty, consider it an investment too. with the cost of carbon set to top platinum (thanks to those stupid plane builder types) it will be worth more by Nov/Dec of this year when the lowly cycling industry looks in the closet...hmmm empty.

catching me on tuesdays? 'eh, maybe you and supadupa could team up, er nope, that would mean one of you would HAVE TO SHOW UP! and not break a frame, crash, get a flat...

when will you people learn....when!?
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

sock puppet

hehe...

Quote Originally Posted by nogearshere
    tis purty, consider it an investment too. with the cost of carbon set to top platinum (thanks to those stupid plane builder types) it will be worth more by Nov/Dec of this year when the lowly cycling industry looks in the closet...hmmm empty.

catching me on tuesdays? 'eh, maybe you and supadupa could team up, er nope, that would mean one of you would HAVE TO SHOW UP! and not break a frame, crash, get a flat...

when will you people learn....when!?
    how was the race yesterday - i had to work at U of T - semifinals of their summer league... one of the high profile assignments that one doesnt want to turn back...

my mind was at Albion Hills though... it was purrrfect weather for racing... wasn't it...

where did they set up the course??? was it open or was it in the woods more than usual...

Misfit Psycles
    how was the race yesterday - i had to work at U of T - semifinals of their summer league... one of the high profile assignments that one doesnt want to turn back...

my mind was at Albion Hills though... it was purrrfect weather for racing... wasn't it...

where did they set up the course??? was it open or was it in the woods more than usual...
    all you need to know is i kicked your arse. DNFL beats DNF beats DNS...

it was pretty much stock 'black' single track, with all 3-4 of the short steeps (normally avoided) from the chalet side...4.9k...cornholio roast...getting dark early...

24hr preview next week, full 17k...i am thinking we line up and race for pinks next week...
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

sock puppet

great idea...

all you need to know is i kicked your arse. DNFL beats DNF beats DNS...

it was pretty much stock 'black' single track, with all 3-4 of the short steeps (normally avoided) from the chalet side...4.9k...cornholio roast...getting dark early...

24hr preview next week, full 17k...i am thinking we line up and race for pinks next week...
    if you can arrange it with chico boys, lets do it... it should be fun.... i'll have to bring my grocery getter to make it at least somewhat competitive for you...

Misfit Psycles
    if you can arrange it with chico boys, lets do it... it should be fun.... i'll have to bring my grocery getter to make it at least somewhat competitive for you...

you do understand what racing for pinks means?
    cause i'm all over that black squish of yours...my size too.
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

sock puppet

racing for pink?

you do understand what racing for pinks means?
    cause i'm all over that black squish of yours...my size too.
    racing is good... racing for pink is good too... whatever it is... particularly if it is pink i would want it to be...

so what is it? you do understand that english is my second language?

Misfit Psycles
    so what is it? you do understand that english is my second language?
    i was intending to exploit that but this bloody proper upbringing of mine is making me feel guilty.

START: 2 racers, 2 bikes
    FINISH: 1 winner with 2 bikes - 1 loser with an empty roof rack...
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

sock puppet

you biatch!!!

i was intending to exploit that but this bloody proper upbringing of mine is making me feel guilty.

START: 2 racers, 2 bikes
    FINISH: 1 winner with 2 bikes - 1 loser with an empty roof rack...

superlight was right about you. he told me never to turn my back to you. never...

on another hand, it'd be easier if you just threw your bike into lake Ontario. You'd lose it anyway... My squishy will keep hanging off the ceiling in my living room... i'd have no room for your misfitcycle at my home...

Misfit Psycles
    superlight was right about you. he told me never to turn my back to you. never...

on another hand, it'd be easier if you just threw your bike into lake Ontario. You'd lose it anyway... My squishy will keep hanging off the ceiling in my living room... i'd have no room for your misfitcycle at my home...
    supa was right...but he brought that on with his wicked evil laughter...and nananah at the expense of poor trail victims.

dont worry about not having room, i see an empty hook in your future...hhummmmmmmm...
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

Bored
    I think you guys should race for your wives.. winner takes the others wife.. kinda old skool. But I think Nosheer would throw the race and loose purposely.
    MTBR is serious stuff.
    You never get better until you get out of your comfort zone.

sock puppet

He Is Married???

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheelboy_490
    I think you guys should race for your wives.. winner takes the others wife.. kinda old skool. But I think Nosheer would throw the race and loose purposely.
    i didnt think any woman would want to marry THAT... but hey, what do i know... i am not married either...

Misfit Psycles
    i didnt think any woman would want to marry THAT... but hey, what do i know... i am not married either...

i cleaned up real nice...till after the i do, then it all comes spilling out. you know kinda like you after hitting the madarin buffett for the 6th and 7th pass...mmmmm chicken balls...
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

Bored
    i am not married either...

That explains how you can buy so many bikes.
    MTBR is serious stuff.
    You never get better until you get out of your comfort zone.

sock puppet

you got that right...

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheelboy_490
    That explains how you can buy so many bikes.
    i think this is the last one before i make that suicidal move, despite all the advices from my friends / other married people...

oh well.... at least it is a good one...

Members who have read this thread: 0