to wet and mucky with the rain to ride- Mtbr.com
    humber river advocate

to wet and mucky with the rain to ride

though things are really starting to move in the forest...

friggin atv's where out trashing about...

broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

bi-winning
    It's unfortunate that it is too wet and mucky to ride. Hopefully a little sun and wind will dry it up soon.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

mtbr member
    We thought we were being smart we went for a road ride this morning before the rain............got all the way to our turn around spot before it started and had a wet ride home.
    I guess any ride is better than no ride. Spring can't come soon enough..........

9 lives
    Quote Originally Posted by Near north
    We thought we were being smart we went for a road ride this morning before the rain............got all the way to our turn around spot before it started and had a wet ride home.
    I guess any ride is better than no ride. Spring can't come soon enough..........
    We saw lightening strikes around noon and it was pouring. Too muddy to ride bikes in the wet clay but not muddy enough to stop the ATVs. (They even busted a fence to tear up more trails... hope the cops catch them)

By late afternoon the sun came out and temperature was 19C. Spotted lots of birds and noticed that the wild leeks are starting to sprout. No fiddleheads yet

humber river advocate
    seen that huge branch come crashing down. good example you should look up in the forest. have to bypass some routes due to big dead beech trees that look ready to come down.
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

namagomi
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious
    We saw lightening strikes around noon and it was pouring. Too muddy to ride bikes in the wet clay but not muddy enough to stop the ATVs. (They even busted a fence to tear up more trails... hope the cops catch them)

By late afternoon the sun came out and temperature was 19C. Spotted lots of birds and noticed that the wild leeks are starting to sprout. No fiddleheads yet
    Actually, be very careful about lightning if road riding! haha.. I have seen ATV's getting turned around up near dufferin forest? No motorized travel... so i was just shocked to see the OPP there on occasion!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I got the MTB out for my first ride of the season Saturday, and it was the softest, wettest, muddiest conditions I ever rode. Was not pleasant experience. I figure riding conditions are a month or 2 behind this time last year, and still a couple weeks away from good riding conditions in my area (Humber River).

Then yesterday (Sunday), it rained all day until 2pm, I set out on my road bike at 3:30pm, and was a completely dry ride. It was sunny, warm, and dry

For times like these, I am so happy to have both road and MTB covered.

humber river advocate
    where in the humber are you?
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

Members who have read this thread: 0