• 12-04-2014
    singlesprocket
    We start flagging early spring for the Nashville trails
    After a slight delay due to the municipal election we will begin flagging trails for construction this early spring. Though I will be out well before that scoping fine details of the routes. Around 17 km of trails is quite a task to flag. If anyone wants to help out just pm me. To better understand the process I will explain it in minor detail. The initial trail corridor has been defined, we will fine tune this trail corridor with flaggings and gps it in detail. Biological inspection will occur to make sure there are no species at risk in it's path. After any adjustments have been made, an archaeological study will take place along the alignment. After all due diligence has been completed to the satisfaction of the stakeholders, construction will begin.
    It seems like a lot of hoop jumping, put that is the process to build a legal, sustainable, long term trail. If anyone has any question, please feel free to ask.
  • 12-04-2014
    tyh83
    Let me know when you head out, we will try and get a group out to help out.
    the more the merrier.
  • 12-04-2014
    broadwayline
    very cool - nice work on getting new trails for MTBing!
  • 12-04-2014
    Greg_o
    If it's over weekends I'm in.
  • 12-04-2014
    singlesprocket
    thanks everyone, i'm going to wait until everything freezes up real solid and there is a bit more snow to knock down the burrs. plus if conditions are right it will be good for fat biking/ice biking (run studs if you want). most likely this preliminary work will be done jan/feb. though i will let everyone know. if the snow is to deep to ride i will be using snowshoes. more details will be posted as we get closer to the dates.
  • 12-07-2014
    singlesprocket
    1 Attachment(s)
    here's the trail building bike...

Attachment 944727
  • 12-07-2014
    BlackCanoeDog
    Quote:

Originally Posted by singlesprocket View Post
    here's the trail building bike...

Attachment 944727

WHAAAT!!! You finally got a fat bike!!?? 8-)
  • 12-07-2014
    singlesprocket
    had to wait for fat bike day... it was inevitable, cycle solutions always awesome, comes through. judy is next...

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackCanoeDog View Post
    WHAAAT!!! You finally got a fat bike!!?? 8-)

• 12-07-2014
    Bikin' Bric
    Quote:

had to wait for fat bike day... it was inevitable, cycle solutions always awesome, comes through. judy is next...

Welcome to the fat life Sprocket!
  • 12-07-2014
    BlackCanoeDog
    Quote:

VERY nice! I love white bikes for some reason!
  • 12-07-2014
    singlesprocket
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bikin' Bric View Post
    Welcome to the fat life Sprocket!

thanks bikin bric
  • 12-07-2014
    singlesprocket
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackCanoeDog View Post
    VERY nice! I love white bikes for some reason!

thanks black canoe dog. riding through town today people stopped me and wanted to ask me about the bike... probably sold a couple lol.
  • 12-07-2014
    Greg_o
    Very nice!
  • 12-12-2014
    singlesprocket
    3 Attachment(s)
    fat bike fun in the tract yesterday...

Attachment 946105

Attachment 946106

Attachment 946107

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/114348941" width="500" height="375" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/114348941">dec112014</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user3593422">single sprocket</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>
  • 01-15-2015
    Greg_o
    Any word yet on dates our are we basically waiting for things to melt?
  • 01-22-2015
    singlesprocket
    this sunday i'm flagging trail. helpers welcomed. will be a bit of fat biking followed by bush whacking... pm me for meeting times and details