Waterdown(July 30th)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New question here. Waterdown(July 30th)

Waterdown group ride still a go for this Saturday???

On a side note...anyone in for Kelso Friday afternoon, around 2.30pm @ the Summit

Cheers

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley

On a side note...anyone in for Kelso Friday afternoon, around 2.30pm @ the Summit

Cheers

I'm wondering the same thing as it looks like I'll be able to make it ... heard there's a new stunt in there but if I'm on the group ride I'll bring the trail bike instead.

Anyone?

mtbr member
    Hey, cool, you saved me from starting a new thread.

I'm in for Waterdown @ 2 on the 30th as originally planned. Looks like it'll be nicer weather this time.

No-go for Kelso - I work untill 4 and even then going anywhere after that on a long weekend would be a baaaaad idea.

So, we still have an offer for a guide for Waterdown????????????????
    I ..... need ..... DIRT!!!!!

... and cookies. :D

rad to the power of sick

I'd love to go but...

Im working 7 days a week to pay for my new ride. ETA August 5th!
    Some great sets for the trainer:
    https://www.mixcloud.com/djfeelgood/

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley
    Cheers
    2:30 pm at Kelso this Friday sounds like a very good idea. I will be there. Are you still planning to go? I case you are, how I will be able to find you?

As far as Waterdown ride goes I pass. I will be riding in Ravenshoe on Saturday and Albion on Sunday.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaryr
    2:30 pm at Kelso this Friday sounds like a very good idea. I will be there. Are you still planning to go? I case you are, how I will be able to find you?

As far as Waterdown ride goes I pass. I will be riding in Ravenshoe on Saturday and Albion on Sunday.
    I can do Albion on Sunday if you want another rider along? As long as it's after 1 in the afternoon.

Sorry you can't make Waterdown. Enjoy Ravenshoe.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTO
    I can do Albion on Sunday if you want another rider along? As long as it's after 1 in the afternoon.
    Sorry you can't make Waterdown. Enjoy Ravenshoe.
    Thanks, I know I will.

Sunday ride in Albion is at 10:30 AM. Sorry but I won't be able to change the time, it is a group ride and the time is already set. The guy which is going to lead the ride know Albion Hills very well, he built most of the trails there so it should be great ride.

Jul 2004
    How old/ fast are you guys. I may join you for Waterdown if I'm not going to get blown away.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Can Monte
    How old/ fast are you guys. I may join you for Waterdown if I'm not going to get blown away.
    I"m 38 and usually ride stunts/jumps but I'll bring the ht trail bike for this ride. It'll be fun, you should come along ...

So where is the meeting point (or was it in the old thread?) at the trail head off Hwy 5 in the neighbourhood?...still can't remember the street names ....

Clem

mtbr member
    Okay, for whatever reason the Search goes for a crap when I look for "waterdown", so here's a link to a page with directions for Waterdown.

Dirtworld link for Waterdown.

We can meet up at the trailhead @ 2. Wait for a bit for any last minute people then ride out.

Still wondering about a trail guide? This'll be my first time getting lost there.

Riding pace - can we make it fair for everyone and try to keep things at a respectable pace? I'm certainly in better shape then I was at the beginning of this year, but i'm still not ready for racing. I'm sure there might be a few others that would like this also.

jaryr - too early for me. I'll just be waking up then. Okay, i'll be up, but only getting out of bed by that time. Have fun!

Jul 2004
    Sorry guys, conflict with work, damn OT on a long weekend, I will be at the Hydrocut by Waterloo on Sunday though.

Maybe I will catch up with you guys some other time

Cheers
    Monte

J-J

Jul 2005
    well - I was not part of the group ride - but I did manage to check out Waterdown on Sunday - and that place kicked my ass. Went in off Rockcliffe - headed straight down. In my downhill bliss I forgot that "what goes down must come up", and was beat when it was time for me to walk my stinky all the way up again.

soooo - anyone know where that Snake Road entrance is? I think it might be better for me.

anyone?

thanks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-J
    well - I was not part of the group ride - but I did manage to check out Waterdown on Sunday - and that place kicked my ass. Went in off Rockcliffe - headed straight down. In my downhill bliss I forgot that "what goes down must come up", and was beat when it was time for me to walk my stinky all the way up again.

soooo - anyone know where that Snake Road entrance is? I think it might be better for me.

anyone?

thanks.
    HAHA! You guys missed a great opportunity to laugh at my sorry @ when I crashed.... twice! First time I got caught in a rut and tried to stay in it. Nope, flopped the bike over when I didn't keep it in the rut. No problem, everything was fine. Just like flopping into bed.

The second one was hilarious. XC bike and a skinny. Hoped up, rode about 2 feet, realized I wasn't gonna make it, went to jump off and suddenly my limbs were flying everywhere. I wish we had a camera for it!! Landed on my @, bike on top of me. Pride was hurt, knee was cut and bruised, but i'm fine know. Bent the rear wheel, fixed it when I got home.

Yeah, I sure as heck wasn't prepared for that place, either. VERY big learning experience for me. Clem (HubbaMan) and his buddy (Jack, IIRC?) showed up and Clem was awesome to ride with..... and try to catch. Very educated rider with plenty of seat time. And patient, too. If I go there again I know better what to expect.

mtbr member
    I had a great time Andrew, nice meeting you. Glad to hear the wheel straightened out easily. From what I know Jacques isn't on mtbr, we rode Ravenshoe on Monday and he was still talking about the fun he had on Sat in Waterdown.

As much as I would have loved a guide to show us the rest of the place, we made do with the few areas I know and a little bit of adventuring. There is so much trail there it's really a gem that I hope remains accessible for a long time to come.

Hopefully we'll be able to get a larger group out at some point, there's something in there for everyone from pure xc'ers to trail riders and stunt lovers ....

Clem

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HubbaMan
    I had a great time Andrew, nice meeting you. Glad to hear the wheel straightened out easily. From what I know Jacques isn't on mtbr, we rode Ravenshoe on Monday and he was still talking about the fun he had on Sat in Waterdown.

As much as I would have loved a guide to show us the rest of the place, we made do with the few areas I know and a little bit of adventuring. There is so much trail there it's really a gem that I hope remains accessible for a long time to come.

Hopefully we'll be able to get a larger group out at some point, there's something in there for everyone from pure xc'ers to trail riders and stunt lovers ....

Clem
    Yes, and I now have a greater appreciation for your avatar.