Walm weather, new camara and too much time....- Mtbr.com
    Space for rent...

Warm weather, new camara and too much time....

......means I just HAD to document today's ride. Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SSteve F; 04-30-2006 at 05:58 PM.
    It's only pain......

Space for rent...
    I just love this time of year. Trails are drying out and are relatively quiet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It's only pain......

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

nice.....

Hi Steve,
    nice trail conditions, very similiar to Kelso, (rode there saturday) and Boler Mtn, (rode there to today,

Might I ask where you riding?

VernDog

Space for rent...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vernon VernDog
    Hi Steve,
    nice trail conditions, very similiar to Kelso, (rode there saturday) and Boler Mtn, (rode there to today,

Might I ask where you riding?

VernDog
    There is a series of trails/footpaths around Oakville that I link together to form a nice training loop. Certainly not challenging ride, but there are a couple of places that are sweet to ride. These are the images you see. Unfortunately, most of it is gravel paths and paved paths.

How was Kelso, as I am thinking of going this coming weekend?
    It's only pain......

mtbr member
    Nice pics, Steve! Looks like an enjoyable ride, alongside the Trillium's and snake's and ..... wtf is on your handlebar? Or should I say cockpit?

Yeah, anyways - looks great.

What's the new camera?
    I ..... need ..... DIRT!!!!!

... and cookies. :D

Space for rent...
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTO
    Nice pics, Steve! Looks like an enjoyable ride, alongside the Trillium's and snake's and ..... wtf is on your handlebar? Or should I say cockpit?

Yeah, anyways - looks great.

What's the new camera?
    Besides the computer and HRM......you mean rocky my bar buddy? Oakville can be a scary place, so rock rides shotgun and keeps me safe. The snake put up quite the fight, but the rock was no match!

Camera....http://reviews.cnet.com/Casio_Exilim...9.html?tag=sub
    It's only pain......

Misfit Psycles
    Quote Originally Posted by SSteve F
    Besides the computer and HRM......you mean rocky my bar buddy?
    in some circles that could be considered an airbag.

nice pics, i keep bringing the camera on rides...maybe if i was medicated or something i would actually stop and take some...something about the air...
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

Space for rent...
    Quote Originally Posted by nogearshere
    in some circles that could be considered an airbag
    To be truly effective, the "bag" would need to be mounted to the stem.

Bag protector..........hmmmmmmmmm?
    It's only pain......

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SSteve F
    To be truly effective, the "bag" would need to be mounted to the stem.

Bag protector..........hmmmmmmmmm?
    I don't know about that, Steve. Rocky looks to have big TEETH!

But, hey, if he keeps the Boogeyman away .....

NICE camera! Small, too. Ain't technology great!
    I ..... need ..... DIRT!!!!!

... and cookies. :D

Apr 2005
    Steve you are saying those are Oakville Trails? I live in Oakville and have never found anything that looks like that at all.

Space for rent...
    Quote Originally Posted by GinoLicious
    Steve you are saying those are Oakville Trails? I live in Oakville and have never found anything that looks like that at all.
    You need to get out more.....

- Ravine N.W. of Glenashton/8th line.
    - Morrison creek, east of Trafalgar between upper middle and the diversion channel
    - Munns creek trail (behind Sheridan)
    - Iroquois woods (by PGA centre)
    It's only pain......

Apr 2005
    I just realized those are near my house. The ones who showed on your first post... The 4th and 5th picture I know where those are. Are the other pictures with the nice uphills and downhills close to the trails i know of?

Thats a nice lil trail though, normal gravel path, with a little bit of off road beside it. I really like that trail with the logs across the creek, always scared to fall.

As for the other pics, not quite sure.

Space for rent...
    Quote Originally Posted by GinoLicious
    I just realized those are near my house. The ones who showed on your first post... The 4th and 5th picture I know where those are. Are the other pictures with the nice uphills and downhills close to the trails i know of?

Thats a nice lil trail though, normal gravel path, with a little bit of off road beside it. I really like that trail with the logs across the creek, always scared to fall.

As for the other pics, not quite sure.
    Don’t get too excited about the trail. Most of the loop is gravel/paved footpaths. However, there are sections, with small, sweet singletrack. These are the images you see…

1 Behind the church on 8th line/Glenashton, there is a gravel footpath than runs along the top of the ravine, over to Glenashton. In a couple of places, there are a couple of small off-chutes.

2 –6 The ravine along Morrison creek has a couple hundred yards of fast/twisty/rooty singletrack. Some of the best riding in Oakville.

7 Behind Sheridan, there is a footpath, that runs northwest from Trafalgar to Upper Middle. Off this main paths there are a couple of (short) trails that are fun to ride.

8-10 There is a small creek north of the QEW between Trafalgar and the woods opposite the PGA golf centre. Along this trail, there is a gravel path that crosses 8th line and then swings north and connects to a path system in those woods (Iroquois Woods). Just before the path swigs north and up a steep gravel hill, an alternate trail runs parallel up the ravine (west side). <whispers> This is the sweetest trail you will ride in all of Oakville. Starting from the top (by Edgeware Road) it is fast/twisty/rooty/tight/flowing peach of a ride. Very few people know about it (util I opened my big mouth), but it is worth checking out. Sadly, only a short run but guaranteed to leave a VERY big smile on your face!

Let me know if you need a guided tour…..

PS The key to those logs is to hit if FAST. Even on a fully rigid, the momentum carries you across
    It's only pain......

Members who have read this thread: 0