Walker Woods/ Glen Major & Durham Forest description please- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Walker Woods/ Glen Major & Durham Forest description please

I have never ridden any of these places. Is there that much difference between them. I like some roots and rocks on my ride and not so much climbing. I have found lots of maps here and elsewhere, and looking for recommendations. I want to get out to more places this year.
    Burnt Norton

snowbound
    Jan 2005
    They are similar topography, and somewhat similar trails. Main difference is on the GM/WW side, the trails are much longer, faster, lower density. You will get more mileage and likely do more climbing on that side. Durham forest has a higher density of trails, and a lot of trails designed specifically for mtn biking.

Rep'n the 905
    Jun 2012
    Walker woods is heavier on the climbs then Durham Forest in my mind. Durham Forest has more single track (stone soup, logs over easy, sweet and salty, ogres, burnt toast) all the main well known ones you should hit.

Overall the best part is you can ride both! You can start at either spot and do a run that connects both areas. Walker Woods has some nice look out points too, great spot for water breaks!

mtbr member
    Thanks. I was looking at distances, and trails and it looks like I can do a nice loop and cover a lot of both. I prefer the technical single track so if I had to ride one or the other, i would have stuck to Durham.
    Burnt Norton

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    If you are looking for roots...and want to go North..rather than East....give Ravenshoe a try. There are a few trails in a very condensed footprint that offer lots of roots....

mtbr member
    Ravenshoe has been a frequent destination. Know it well and it is a really fun place. Want to get out to new places. Rode Albion lots of times, but never Palgrave, so I might head over there this weekend just to check it out. Same with Durham and Walkers. It just about a change of pace. Thanks for the suggestion though.
    Burnt Norton