Velodrome Update!- Mtbr.com
    Evil Jr.

Velodrome Update!

Just got this in my Inbox (meeting is open to the public):

As you are aware a Special meeting of the General Interest Committee is scheduled for Wednesday, April 20, 9:30am, Hamilton Council Chambers, to determine the site for the Hamilton Velodrome. We will be pleased if you are able to join with the audience for this meeting.
    Of course, I'm out of the country again that day so I can't go but it should be VERY INTERESTING!
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

mtbr member
    Does this mean it will be permanent, or is there still talks of making it temporary.

I really have my fingers crossed for permanent. I could finally justify the little use my track bike currently gets if this happens.

Evil Jr.
    I haven't heard anything official either way. I'm hoping all will be revealed at the meeting.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

Lemmy Rules!
    Please let us know what happened. I tried velodrome riding in London over the winter and I'm 100% hooked!
    Strava made me do it....

Evil Jr.
    False alarm! I just wish they'd finally tell us about this freaking project already!

Please be advised that the issue of the Velodrome Site Location will NOT be discussed at the meeting of the General Issues Committee scheduled at 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday, April 20, 2011 as previously indicated; however, the Committee will be meeting on that date and time to finalize the 2011 Budget in order to take a report forward to the April 27, 2011 Council meeting for consideration. An agenda for the budget meeting will be distributed on Monday.

I dd what you see there.
    I'd like to see it tucked into the escarpment area somewhere, possibly westdale area - centralizing it to the escarpment trails and/or Rail trail, maybe add a downhill course or two and a BMX park (is it still called that?). Make it an integrated cycling facility for all disciplines, and then sell it internationally.

If ran properly, I would wager it would sit idle in the range of only 1% of the time.

Members who have read this thread: 0