Update on the natural environment trail strategy- Mtbr.com
    humber river advocate

Update on the natural environment trail strategy

I would like to thank everyone who came down to city hall to talk to council and the meetings. Plus Scott, who is really driving this forward.

To all trail users:

A big thank you to everyone who participated in our public open houses for the Natural Environment Trail Strategy!
    We received a wide variety of input and feedback about our trail system from over 75 trail users. Over the next few weeks we will be reviewing and analysing all of the feedback and data we have collected over the last 9 months. In November we will be circulating drafts of our findings and recommendations for review. Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional comments or information.

A reminder of upcoming trail events in October:

Saturday October 13th, Crothers Woods, 10:00am - 4:00pm
    Join us for a day of community trail maintenance in Crothers Woods. Learn about the City of Toronto's Natural Environment Trails Program and spend some time giving back to the trails. This event will be led by trail experts from Sustainable Trails.
    Please e-mail [email protected] to register for this event.
    Meeting Location - Pottery Road Trailhead #200 Pottery Road *Please note the new meeting location*

Sunday October 14th, Etobicoke Creek, 10:00am - 12:00pm
    Please join us as we partner with Oxygen Bike Company and members of the local community to remove litter from a trail in Etobicoke Creek just south of Dundas Street West. Gloves, garbage and recycling bags will be provided.
    Meeting location: TBD. Please e-mail [email protected] for more information on this event.

Regards,
    Scott

Natural Environment Trails Program
    Trails
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Thanks for the work you do! I think we mostly take all these areas and trails for granted.

jono

9 lives
    I'm marking both trail events in my calendar and plan to attend and participate either the Saturday or Sunday

I've been participating in Don Trail work for a few sesons. So much effort can go into the maintenance of a small section that takes a only second to ride.

Here's singlesprocket lending a hand at an event last year

I've never ridden Etobicoke Creek so I'm curious about the trails.
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

humber river advocate
    just a bump to remind everyone that two events are happening this weekend on the trails.
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

Members who have read this thread: 0