UCI Being Progressive?- Mtbr.com
    Team NFI
    Mar 2007

UCI Being Progressive?

For a second I thought I was dehydrated and needed to eat.. but after checking the treadmill I haven't done intervals yet today.

Teaching an Old Dog New Tricks | NSMB.e.MAGAZINE - Freeride, Extreme and North Shore style Mountain Biking

Evil Jr.
    I'd love to try something like Megavalanche some time. Those early vids were the reason I bought my Remedy!

Enduro racing is closer to Marathon racing in Ontario. I didn't realise it was the catch-all term for those giant mass-start AM races in Europe.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

mtbr member
    If I'm reading their definition of "enduro" right (i.e. Enduro DH), I think it cannot by definition exist in Eastern Canada. Even St. Ann would be a stretch, would it not?
    The above statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettocruiser View Post
    If I'm reading their definition of "enduro" right (i.e. Enduro DH), I think it cannot by definition exist in Eastern Canada. Even St. Ann would be a stretch, would it not?
    One has to understand one fundemental issue in all this. That being the UCI is a European based international sport governing body. They are predominately a European mentality simply because that is where most of their focus is. Add to this that the European views of cycling and sport are vastly different then North Americans views. Nothing wrong with it just the way it is.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    No.

Enduro does not by definition need to be a singular long DH. Enduro is timed special stages that are mostly dh and then untimed transfer stages that have a maximum cut off time.

Enduro does not need huge vertical relief to set up a great course.

You can toss little climbs into a Dh to string out a course kind of like a Super-D.

Best way to describe Enduro would be multiple Super-D courses strung together with untimed but mandatory transfer sections that you must ride.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    No.

Enduro does not by definition need to be a singular long DH. Enduro is timed special stages that are mostly dh and then untimed transfer stages that have a maximum cut off time.

Enduro does not need huge vertical relief to set up a great course.

You can toss little climbs into a Dh to string out a course kind of like a Super-D.

Best way to describe Enduro would be multiple Super-D courses strung together with untimed but mandatory transfer sections that you must ride.

If the Brits can figure out how to make them happen on the British Isles it can be done here. I can think of some areas to run one I saw at the Anti Race.

mtbr member
    I don't really get how that would work. What's stopping it from turning into an XC race where you only time the downhill sections?

I would think a bunch of transfer climbs on a DH-oriented bike would be pretty tiring even riding at recovery pace... and I'm not even sure you could lag too much, given that if it's a mass start it's probably gonna be a pretty quick transfer pace just to avoid the crowds on the next descent. Maybe I'd have to see it to get it.
    The above statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration

ups and downs
    Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    The WRC Rally model, where there are special stages that are timed and transit stages between the special stages where all the rules of the road apply.

MSA could do a killer Enduro series as they have so many connected trail networks, with varying levels of technical challenge, and they have a front back side to their main mountain plus three other longer loops on the north and east end of their property.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

Evil Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyuphill View Post
    The WRC Rally model, where there are special stages that are timed and transit stages between the special stages where all the rules of the road apply.
    Before we found out that Mrs. Monster was preggers, we had signed up for TransWales and that was the basic format. Timed stages and transit stages.

It worked really well when we did it the year before at Transylvania for one day although the timed stages were so short, they were total mayhem.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    I don't really get how that would work. What's stopping it from turning into an XC race where you only time the downhill sections?

I would think a bunch of transfer climbs on a DH-oriented bike would be pretty tiring even riding at recovery pace... and I'm not even sure you could lag too much, given that if it's a mass start it's probably gonna be a pretty quick transfer pace just to avoid the crowds on the next descent. Maybe I'd have to see it to get it.
    Your thinking to much.

namagomi
    If you can win it on skinny tires and a jacked seatpost it's not Enduro
    Right - There are no Enduro races in Ontario.

Members who have read this thread: 0