tuesday mini series at Albion- Mtbr.com
    sock puppet

tuesday mini series at Albion

i was there for the first time - last evening... it was ton of fun and the course was phenomenal... riders friendly, weather perfect... anyone else participates in the series?

banned
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    i was there for the first time - last evening... it was ton of fun and the course was phenomenal... riders friendly, weather perfect... anyone else participates in the series?
    maybe soon...anyone get lost?

sock puppet

not that i know off...

Quote Originally Posted by JM01
    maybe soon...anyone get lost?
    the course was well marked - we used 12kms of the O-Cup course (May 13th weekend) and then the second lap was shortened to 6km - due to darkness... second lap was optional anyway... the course was well marked and recognizable - there was no surprises there... just hammer...

there must have been at least 200 riders last evening - my friend who rides this series on consistent basis said he never saw so many riders in this race...

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I was there but I didn't do the race, I actually rode the trails by the Chalet, it was weird, you go to the side with the race and it was buzzing, bike everywhere. But when I was on the trails on the other side, I only saw 2 people in about an hour.

I liked it, I was able to set my own pace, and I didn't have to worry about being in anyones way. If I can keep up the riding and get to a point where I could actually ride a full race without passing out, I'll definitly give it a try, looks like alot of fun, and well planned out.

Ohh yeah and I like the new signage in Albion, they got trails numbers and even some of the black sections have names now.. I gotta get the new map next time I see the info booth open.

May 2004
    I was out last night as well. A lot of fun. My lungs are starting to return of the 06 season so i managed to keep an alright pace without stopping for a breather. And yeah there were a ton of people there..the first wave of riders was huge.

sock puppet

i dont know if they publish

Quote Originally Posted by mtbcad2003
    I was out last night as well. A lot of fun. My lungs are starting to return of the 06 season so i managed to keep an alright pace without stopping for a breather. And yeah there were a ton of people there..the first wave of riders was huge.

results on their website (chicoracing)... i did my 2 laps in around 55 minutes on my hardtail... dont know what were best times as that would help estimate the shape i am in...

i know that i felt better than usual after 18kms (which is about an avarage lap at 24 hour races) than before...

preparing for transrockies is paying off, except that i will not go there this year after all due to the injury that my partner sustained... at least i'll have more fun at 24 hour races...

May 2004
    where did you find results...i can't find anything regarding the tuesday night series?

sock puppet

i didnt...

where did you find results...i can't find anything regarding the tuesday night series?
    but i was wearing my polar watch that helped me with timing...

rad to the power of sick
    Yea it was a blast out there...

I had a great start and then wiped out at the beginning of the singletrack which cost me 20 positions.. for the rest of the race i was stuck behind guys stalling on the uphills and braking hard on the downhills...

I have 18.1km/h as my average speed.
    Some great sets for the trainer:
    https://www.mixcloud.com/djfeelgood/

mtbr member

Results are not available on-line

results on their website (chicoracing)... i did my 2 laps in around 55 minutes on my hardtail... dont know what were best times as that would help estimate the shape i am in...

i know that i felt better than usual after 18kms (which is about an avarage lap at 24 hour races) than before...

preparing for transrockies is paying off, except that i will not go there this year after all due to the injury that my partner sustained... at least i'll have more fun at 24 hour races...

Hey guys,

I have ridden this series for a couple of years now. They do a great job with it. They actually don't post the results on the web-site and I don't think they plan too. In talking to Sean regularily, I have gotten the impression they are trying to keep this a "fun" series for the most part and don't want to get away from that. That's not to say there aren't a fair share of us out there truly competing for fun, but also for results. There are guys out there who finished in the 45-50 min range.

If you want to know how you did, they have a binder at the start/finish area that you can review the following week to see how you did. We must have been passing one another at some point. I did it in about 56 mins. A great course. I am going to head there this afternoon to ride it again.

N.

sock puppet

i was riding...

probably the only Ellsworth hard tail bike up there - pretty distinct in annodized black... racer sportif yellow/black shirt/spandex...

it'd be fun if we introduced ourselves to each other up there... maybe next time...

i will miss the next one, but be there for the following one...

today i'll go out with my roadies for some interval training... i still need more speed endurance - noticed that yesterday...

rad to the power of sick
    Ah yes.. I know your bike, but not you. I was looking at your bike yesterday.. the enlightenment is a sweet ride.

There were a zillion SC blurs out yesterday...many of which i blew by with my firmer pedalling superlight..yee haw.. single pivot for life.

I emailed chicoracing earlier on this year concerning the posting of results. The response I got was that they dont want to post because some people would complain if the results werent 100% correct... and when you have a point scoring series this could get antsy towards the end of the season.

I do wish that they would post the results though...back in the day when silent sports ran races at kelso they posted results and all was good.

I cant wait til spokes and slopes starts their race series...losing 15$ to gas every tuesday sucks.

I already rode that
    Ride to them then. You'll be happier in the end with all the extra "training" you'll be getting then.
    Riding F/S since oct 94'

mtbr member
    Did, but didn't.

I was there, ran most of the course before the race, then left. Wasn't a good day for me to be riding.

I CAN say though that I was thoroughly impressed by Chico's work. Great work with posting directions, picking/marking the trail, setting up the start/finish area in a manner easy to negotiate. It looked very professional! Nice to see the Devinci's displayed, too.
    I ..... need ..... DIRT!!!!!

... and cookies. :D

sock puppet

next time....

please say hi - if you see me - it will most likely be easier than me "recognizing" you...

it is either the Enlightenment or the Truth - same colour - black annodized... always yellow/black outfit... all 210# of me...

same applies to all of you who frequent this board... we should know each other in person by now...

Quote Originally Posted by superlightracer
    Ah yes.. I know your bike, but not you. I was looking at your bike yesterday.. the enlightenment is a sweet ride.

There were a zillion SC blurs out yesterday...many of which i blew by with my firmer pedalling superlight..yee haw.. single pivot for life.

I emailed chicoracing earlier on this year concerning the posting of results. The response I got was that they dont want to post because some people would complain if the results werent 100% correct... and when you have a point scoring series this could get antsy towards the end of the season.

I do wish that they would post the results though...back in the day when silent sports ran races at kelso they posted results and all was good.

I cant wait til spokes and slopes starts their race series...losing 15$ to gas every tuesday sucks.

May 2004
    HA HA i'm another hard tail rider. White Stumpjumper Disc. Clad in a blue fox **** with black shorts.

I love my bike but I'm looking at the Titus Racer-x. Don't see a lot of those on the course.

J

banned
    Mar 2005
    [QUOTE=mtbmeister]Hey guys,

I= I did it in about 56 mins. A great course. I am going to head there this afternoon to ride it again.

N.[/QUOTE

CAN I BE YOU?

REMEMBER YOUR POST TO THE HILTON FALLS THREAD?...IF NOT, I'LL C&P IT ON AN INTERNATIONAL FORUM SHORTLY, ALSO THE 4 OTHER BIKE FORUMS AS WELL

LET THE WORLD SEE THE A$$HOLE YOU ARE

CHEERS

mtbr member

No good Let it go man...

[QUOTE=JM01]
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbmeister
    Hey guys,

I= I did it in about 56 mins. A great course. I am going to head there this afternoon to ride it again.

N.[/QUOTE

CAN I BE YOU?

REMEMBER YOUR POST TO THE HILTON FALLS THREAD?...IF NOT, I'LL C&P IT ON AN INTERNATIONAL FORUM SHORTLY, ALSO THE 4 OTHER BIKE FORUMS AS WELL

LET THE WORLD SEE THE A$$HOLE YOU ARE

CHEERS
    JM,

I was going to let your lovely passage of writing slide, but couldn't help myself. You seem to now be seeking any thread or response I post on this forum and attacking me. I wasn't sharing my experience on the trails last night, so you must be trolling. What is your problem? How old are you? You slammed the town that I live in. You slammed my opinions about trail markings at Hilton Falls that I don't particularily like, and now you are slamming me about my ability on the trails and my previous posts.

At the end of the day, we are all posting here because we love to ride. That is the common ground that we all have. Sure, I may have crossed the line in respect to my comments about your responses to my posts. But you did nothing but slam what I had to post...We are not all going to agree, but if you back me into a corner and act like you have done everything there is to do on a bike and everywhere else, surely some won't agree with you.

Go ahead and post whatever you want anywhere you want. Just make sure you include what a literary and open minded soul you were too. I have not had any other members respond to my posts in the manner that you have. For the most part, I am open minded of others opinions and ideas of various topics. However there are some things that others will certainly not agree with on. However, I don't/won't attack or insult their experiences or opinions as a result.

Just let it slide would you, we can't all be like minded on everything. Thanks.

N.

rad to the power of sick
    Burn baby burn the flames are getting hotter!!

Gentlemen, start your keyboards....

mtbr member

I think I saw you...

probably the only Ellsworth hard tail bike up there - pretty distinct in annodized black... racer sportif yellow/black shirt/spandex...

it'd be fun if we introduced ourselves to each other up there... maybe next time...

i will miss the next one, but be there for the following one...

today i'll go out with my roadies for some interval training... i still need more speed endurance - noticed that yesterday...
    I think I recall you passing me about 2/3 of the way through the course. Not sure what age category you are in. I was wearing a light/dark blue shirt riding a Giant NRS Composite. Not that either one of us would have been checking out bike's on the way by. I usually ride with a Pfaff VW (Blue, White, Orange) jersery on. There are a couple of us who ride with them on though. I am the tallest (180lbs) of the three of us...Well, we don't always where them. If you are heading out in a couple of weeks, post a thread and perhaps we could actually meet, as well as Andrew. I think we exchanged notes last year. You drive an Audi S4 Avante don't you...

N.

sock puppet

c'mon, naah...

Burn baby burn the flames are getting hotter!!

Gentlemen, start your keyboards....
    let's leave it at that... no need for more flames...

we all cross the line from time to time, but no need for extended hostility...

this board is about biking, not personal issues...

both JM01 and mtbmeister are our comrades and i am sure if JM01 was down injured, mtbmeister would stop immediately to help and the other way around... ain't that the most important thing around here??

now back to regular programming...

Misfit Psycles
    great course and will make for a great start to the o-cup - should thin out the start nicely...if that is your thing.

as for the underlying...count me in...if chico wont accept the liability, we will go without:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

sock puppet

darn, good memory you have...

Quote Originally Posted by mtbmeister
    I think I recall you passing me about 2/3 of the way through the course. Not sure what age category you are in. I was wearing a light/dark blue shirt riding a Giant NRS Composite. Not that either one of us would have been checking out bike's on the way by. I usually ride with a Pfaff VW (Blue, White, Orange) jersery on. There are a couple of us who ride with them on though. I am the tallest (180lbs) of the three of us...Well, we don't always where them. If you are heading out in a couple of weeks, post a thread and perhaps we could actually meet, as well as Andrew. I think we exchanged notes last year. You drive an Audi S4 Avante don't you...

N.
    i remember passing by you now... i caught your shirt and PFAFF VW logo on it when i caught up to you... then i remembered that it could have been you (believe or not) as i knew i spoke with you about PFAFF thing last year... weird things go through my head while i am racing... Yes, i drive Audi S4 Avant...

i started in the second wave, as i am 42 years old... i think i'll ask to start in the first wave next time, just to be able to hammer without running anyone over....

this is great.. what a coincidence that both you and i remember our encounter... i freaking love biking for these little things...

mtbr member

Actually, that wasn't me...

i remember passing by you now... i caught your shirt and PFAFF VW logo on it when i caught up to you... then i remembered that it could have been you (believe or not) as i knew i spoke with you about PFAFF thing last year... weird things go through my head while i am racing... Yes, i drive Audi S4 Avant...

i started in the second wave, as i am 42 years old... i think i'll ask to start in the first wave next time, just to be able to hammer without running anyone over....

this is great.. what a coincidence that both you and i remember our encounter... i freaking love biking for these little things...
    That wasn't me you refer to on Tuesday. That was one of my riding pals. I didn't have my jersey on, but he did. He was about 30 seconds to a minute behind me. You probably passed me a short time after going around him. Yes, it is cool to remember the passing...I will wear my jersey next week. Oh yeah, you aren't there though. I usually wear it anyways.

mtbr member

Agreed...

let's leave it at that... no need for more flames...

we all cross the line from time to time, but no need for extended hostility...

this board is about biking, not personal issues...

both JM01 and mtbmeister are our comrades and i am sure if JM01 was down injured, mtbmeister would stop immediately to help and the other way around... ain't that the most important thing around here??

now back to regular programming...
    I would have to agree. There has been a lot of hostility on this board this past week, myself included...Enough is enough. And you are right, I would help any fellow rider if they were down...
    Last edited by mtbmeister; 05-11-2006 at 09:42 AM.

sock puppet

another great outing this evening...

nice to have met mtbmeister - who parked just next to my car... my chain broke on my second lap and this time i didnt carry my chain breaker tool, few chaps passed by without it and the one that had it stopped and lent it to me... this guy was mtbmeister's riding buddy - THANKS AGAIN... that is real sports rider...

saw few other familiar faces - it was truly enjoyable evening......

the course? 7 km of excellent trail - not too dry but hardpacked.. provided for excellent traction and good speeds.. the first part of the trail was quad busting but smooth... the second part was easier on quads, but hard on lungs... my first lap was 22 minutes - second was a write off... the chain is in garbage bin and new PC99 is on the bike... should have done this long time ago...

rad to the power of sick
    After breaking my chain at the o-cup i decided to switch back to shimano. Ive broken 3 SRAM chains in a row now, yet ive never broken a shimano. Given the SRAM chains were all well used when they broke though. The reason i kept riding SRAM was because of the powerlink. Im tempted to try KMC chains...

sock puppet

i snapped IG90

After breaking my chain at the o-cup i decided to switch back to shimano. Ive broken 3 SRAM chains in a row now, yet ive never broken a shimano. Given the SRAM chains were all well used when they broke though. The reason i kept riding SRAM was because of the powerlink. Im tempted to try KMC chains...
    that was few weeks old on one of the 24 hour races couple of years ago... i guess, all high end chains are fairly good, but they all can break... this one was my fault... the evening before the race i checked it and had to adjust one of the links... i need to get the chain measure tool and go by that...

also, i shifted on the uphill switchback and although i let the torque off until the chain was seated, it didnt help... so i'll take this one on me, rather than blaming the chain...

the worst chains i had on my bikes were wipperman - connex... stainless steel - soft like chamois butt'r... i broke few of those before i switched to shimano and than to sram...
    Last edited by osokolo; 05-24-2006 at 01:56 PM.

Misfit Psycles
    your chain isnt the only problem...simplify Supa, simplify...
    Chains replaced in 2 years - 2.
    Chains broken in 2 years - 0.
    Average cost $16...yee haw.
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

May 2004

great conversation

I was standing at Sproting Life yesterday debating between an SRAM and shimano chain. I chose Shimano, becuase i was a little doubtfull of the powerlink. I'm sure it's a great product but i don't see myself having to remvoe the chain very often.

rad to the power of sick
    Based on my experience, the powerlink is actually the strongest link on the chain. The other links however...not so much. The Shimanos use a more 'mushroomed' pin than the SRAM's, this is probably why they are a bit more resilient.

sock puppet

agreed...

I was standing at Sproting Life yesterday debating between an SRAM and shimano chain. I chose Shimano, becuase i was a little doubtfull of the powerlink. I'm sure it's a great product but i don't see myself having to remvoe the chain very often.
    powerlink is overrated...
    1. taking a chain off the bike is equally as easy with non-powerlink chains...
    2. if the chain breaks in the woods, powerlink aint gonna help you replace it faster or easier... you still have to use chainbreaker tool...

the reason i put PC99 to replace broken PC99 is the fact that i had a brand new (spare) PC99 laying around in my toolbox...

if i had to buy a chain, i would have bought shimano...

Misfit Psycles
    Based on my experience, the powerlink is actually the strongest link on the chain. The other links however...not so much. The Shimanos use a more 'mushroomed' pin than the SRAM's, this is probably why they are a bit more resilient.
    very true.
    no chain likes to be broken and re-assembled is the truth. in most cases the weakest link is the one you just put back together.

here is some info direct from big blu to that effect:
    Chain Installation
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

suck it trebeK
    On my 4th year now of tuesday nights... Chico always does a good job. You should all check out the 24hr races at Albion, Summer Solstice is sold out but HotAugustNights is still open.

Sure, it's busy now, but it always lightens up towards the second half of the summer, or any time it isn't perfect weather

My buddy's been doing it since it started, back then there were almost no riders compared to now, it gets pretty crazy sometimes with the bottlenecks, but not too bad.

cheers

Misfit Psycles

Tuesday the 13th is 29er SS Rigid Demo Night...

does it get anymore niche you ask? sure does but the kids aren't buying it soo...

misfit demos will be available prior to and during the coming tuesday 'race'. numbers and sizing will be very limited b/c the demo fleet continues to be shipped to far off lands...

for those interested it will be the same procedure as previous years. show up and take it, fail to return it and be sure to leave the country.

it may be best to email in advance to hold the right size (but not necessary).

if you miss out there will be additional demos available at solstice and hot august...not to mention a frame/build kit available to be won at those events...gawsh how lovely is that, scrat?
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

Members who have read this thread: 0