Trails in Tremblant?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Trails in Tremblant?

I'm heading up to Tremblant tomorrow night and would like to get in a long XC ride (2 - 4 hours) on Saturday or Sunday. My problem is I can't find any maps - everything I've found online just says to pick up a map at the info center. So I have 4 questions:

1 - Does anyone know where there is map online?
    2 - Is the trail-map from the info center any good?
    3 - Assuming I get a decent map from somewhere, what trail(s) should I ride? Ideally single track, but I'll take what I get so long as I get some training in.
    4 - Are the trails easy to navigate for someone new to the trials (ie are there good signs) or am I likely to get lost?

Any and all input is appreciate. Thanks in advance!

mtbr member
    There is no XC riding on Tremblant mountain itself.

There are some trails (broken by a paved bike path) that make their way between Tremblant resort and the village of Tremblant. I only rode them one time (maybe 5-6 years ago) and they are not exactly exciting. But if you are new to trail riding you may find them adequate.

I have never seen a map online or anywhere. Basically you have to ask at some of the resort shops and get information about the trails and how to get to them. I remember taking the paved bike path from the Tremblant resort and making my way towards Tremblant village, but it is a little fuzzy in my mind.

You could try the Linear Park that runs for 200 km through the Laurentians, for some biking. Unfortunately this is far more exciting on a road bike.
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SS
    RM Suzi Q 90 RSL
    KHS Team 29
    S-Works Roubaix
    KHS CX 550 cyclocross

mtbr member
    There may be no real XC riding around Tremblant, but the last time I was there for biking (many years ago) they used to have XC "ish" trails that went down the mountain, which were a ridiculous amount of fun. They were XC oriented but not a lot of work (uphills), but they were NOT full out downhills. I really really enjoyed those trails. Might want to see if that stuff is still around. I'd do that again someday if it's still there!
    2013 Cannondale F29 2
    2013 Giant Seek 0
    2010 Specialized SX Trail
    2009 Cannondale Rize 4

Mar 2004
    Tremblant has a nasty XC race course on the mountain with lots and lots of rocks, mud, roots and climbs -- that you are not allowed to ride. A DH course too -- that you are not allowed to ride. There are a bunch of hiking trails as well. I've ridden all of this without hassle, but I can't guarantee your experience will be the same and because you're technically not allowed on them, trail markings are spotty at best. There are supposedly mountain bike trails in the area, but I've never met anyone who actually knows where any decent riding is. I'd say don't get your hopes up. I've been there many times to race and recently went on vacation with MTB exploring in mind -- I left dissappointed.

Road riding is excellent though and the local cycling club produces a really good full-colour route-planner that is available at most of the shops/hotels.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    You should check the quebec mountain biking forums - http://www.clubveloepic.org/ and allezy.net; I recall seeing a couple of different maps posted up there, and people talking about supposedly good trails which are hard to find because they aren't marked well. I've also seen pictures posted there of trails that didn't look like bike paths. That said, I've never been, since if I'm going to drive a few hours I'd much rather go to Coaticook or Kingdom. Good luck!

IMBA Canada
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRx7
    You should check the quebec mountain biking forums - http://www.clubveloepic.org/ and allezy.net; I recall seeing a couple of different maps posted up there, and people talking about supposedly good trails which are hard to find because they aren't marked well. I've also seen pictures posted there of trails that didn't look like bike paths. That said, I've never been, since if I'm going to drive a few hours I'd much rather go to Coaticook or Kingdom. Good luck!

There are great trails up in Tremblant:
    http://www.allezy.net/rep_sentiers/sentier.php?ID=55

There is a map there... enjoy!
    ADSVMQ :: Quebec mountain bike trail advocacy group www.ADSVMQ.org

Members who have read this thread: 0