trails in halifax nova scotia- Mtbr.com

Apr 2006

trails in halifax nova scotia

Hi there,

Any one have any good trails for the halifax area of nova scotia, new to here and would like to find some good trails for a good weekend ride.

Thanks a lot.

Matt

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Go to Cyclesmith on Quinpool Road. I got a map there 8 years ago which I still use and I assume they still provide one. They are also a mountain biking friendly shop and should send you in the right direction.

rad to the power of sick
    heh... i thought this was the southern ontario forum.
    Some great sets for the trainer:
    https://www.mixcloud.com/djfeelgood/

Mar 2006
    Heh, I am also from the Centre of the Universe (Southern Ontario), but I vacation in Nova Scotia every summer. I would also like to know of any good trails/parks, especially in the Annapolis Valley. Beautiful country out there.
    And any one know places out there that rent bikes if I dont bring mine along?

Apr 2006
    southern ontario?? thought was eastern canada... anyway... in the annapolis valley is where I am from!!! valley stove and cycle in wolfville can point you to some good trails, the gorge, many jumps and through some woody terrain, there's cape split, did that last summer wasn't bad, was a good long ride!!! the dykes in wolfville for a relaxing ride, valley stove and cycle can point you to more!!!

matt

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    yes superlight, Canada goes further east than Toronto...at least for now.

Annapolis vacationers, there is also a xc race at Upper Clements Park in June.

Apr 2006
    liem, do you know if there is a website for the xc at upper clements park?? thanks a lot!!!

looking to get new ibex ignition 3 bike but shipping is a bugger!!!

thanks a lot..

matt

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by smeltz
    southern ontario?? thought was eastern canada... anyway... in the annapolis valley is where I am from!!! valley stove and cycle in wolfville can point you to some good trails, the gorge, many jumps and through some woody terrain, there's cape split, did that last summer wasn't bad, was a good long ride!!! the dykes in wolfville for a relaxing ride, valley stove and cycle can point you to more!!!

matt
    Do they really sell Stoves and Bikes?? hahaha

Mar 2006
    Thanks for the info guys. Any web links, or rental places? Last summer I almost bought a Crappy Tire bike just for the time I was there.

Apr 2006
    they sure do..they sell high end bikes and normal xc bikes.. they sell pellet and wood stoves too!!

they do rent bikes there as well i belive!!!

enjoy

matt

mtbr member

Mmmm, Whopper

When in Halifax check out Whopper Dropper.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

Team Robot. "modulation is code for “I suck at brake control.” Here’s a free tip: get better."

Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by smithsb1111
    Do they really sell Stoves and Bikes?? hahaha
    www.valleystoveandcycle.com

I was at another bike store last summer buying some clearout gear because it was closing. The owner said there wasnt enough of a local market for mid to high end bikes. But stoves go like hotcakes out there
    Last edited by prod; 04-11-2006 at 11:23 AM.

Apr 2006
    pedal shop in kingston closed up said there was no market..i hear that the kentville bike shop closed up shop this year.. only valley stove and cycle in the valley area that has good inventory!!!

nice guys to deal with, super service!!

matt

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by smeltz
    liem, do you know if there is a website for the xc at upper clements park?? thanks a lot!!!

looking to get new ibex ignition 3 bike but shipping is a bugger!!!

thanks a lot..

matt
    I just checked and unfortunately the Upper Clements race does not appear on the calendar this year. Check www.bicycle.ns.ca. It ran the last two years so I thought it would be an annual race. It looks like the Swashbuckler in Bridgewater, an annual race, is now part of the xc series, so you might want to check that out. Backstreet Bicycles in Digby also has a fun race during that town's Scallop Days festival. The shop owner will direct you to trails in that area, although the trail network there is not very developed.
    Good luck with the Ibex. Aso, a good LBS is Bicycles Plus in Bedford.

May 2006

moving to Annapolis Valley

Hello, I will move to Annapolis Valley in July, i hear there is a lot of good trail riding in Nova-Scotia wilderness. Does anybody from the surrounding can give me good advises and informations to find nice trail. I juste saw the Post about the bike shops that are closing, that's kinda discouraging, hopefully the supplier of Rocky Mountain is still open

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Rocky Mountains

You bet. Valley Stove and Cycle has some rocky mountains and do quite abit of service work.

PS...nice to see some threads not Ontario related...no offense on that but eastern canada doesn't really look like Ontario on a map

May 2006

trails??

It tool me long time to reply, i was on the move. But now i am in my new house and can't wait to ride my first N-S trails. I'am living inn Greenwood, do you know any good trails or dirt track around here??? i look on the net but could'nt find good infomation.

Jul 2006
    go to ragged lake. ask anyone in halifax how to get there. i had some sweet times in those trails afew years ago while on vaca from centre of universe(london ont.)
    p.s. if you find my watch let me know. it's in those trails somewhere

Jul 2006
    hey matt we have to go some time no some trails there and i just got my bike from stove i live in new minas. my names kyle. ill bring one of my friends a long. u can thnx him for getting me in to biking. but yea PM or email me [email protected] and well go. oh theres a wick trial by the new minas water tower if u go to the top and go down a lot of jumps and drops and were working a a trial right now

May 2006
    Good to find new peoples who ride bikes in the valley. I don't understand why mountain biking is not that much popular. Anyway what kind of riding you do?? I am more all around, i ride a RM Slayer 2006, so i like to climb, good downhill and twisty singletracks, but i don't go really big, i have to go to work in the mourning. My friend and i have found two trails yet, one in Greenwood where we live and one in kentville. What about your trail in New Minas, is it long?? how big the drops and jumps are ??

Lets keep in contact and exchange information, i think it's the best way to have good riding here

Jul 2006
    a lot of my friends are in to mtn biking because of me. i ride a specialized Hardrock Comp disk not sure of the year but i bought it from stove using Mace gloves. im an all around rider young one to. i liek to climb hills to get leg muscle for hockey i have the next two weeks to bike and then hockey camp. there is few long trails soem big drops dapend were u look and hw ou lookat it but i can showu personle i like riding trails more then jumpign and dropign one trail has a lot of ledge thatt cureves up wards to there jums to

May 2006
    hhehe lot of my friends are riding because of me too. You said that the trails are where the water tower is, i looked at the satelite map and i figured that the trails are on the other side of the HWay, im i right?? i was plannig to go ride this trails sometimes in the week, so if you can give me more precise informations that would be really appreciate.

Jul 2006
    yea your right it is on the oide of the highway. the trails is up hill has a lot of ledge and is very wet. it is very fun to ride down when u get to the top. dont go off to any of the side trials you'll never make it ive tried there is puddles 4 feete deep. what day r u goign riding?

May 2006
    We are going tomorow, but i'm not sure of the timming, that will be after work. So what is the best plan for us, parking at the water tower and cross the highway?? So if you have a better plan for us tell me and if you want to go ride as well. answer me before 5pm

Jul 2006
    no im not goign but the best things is two probly park in the subdavision befor the trail then bike up to the water tower because i wouldn;t leave my car on the sid eof the highway. or park it at the irving and bike up.

Jul 2006
    kyle u give the wores details lol ok the trials like a lil ways away from the tower u park in the subdavion and ther a fork in the 2 trail u take the rite one ( the one that is like a stream) it gose under the high way then u bike up a lil NS mt lmfao lol funny ness lol anyways then turn at the top and give it hell goin down and yea u get socked but hey if u dont like mud and water dont mt lol

Joe

o And yea KBS is closed lol Stove pwns anyways im proble getting ther giant faith soon proble get it next summer
    Last edited by Joey_viper; 08-01-2006 at 02:57 PM.

May 2006
    Ok guys i'm quite confuse now. Last monday we went driving around the water tower and looking for trails but we found nothing that look like a good trails. So we goes by car on the other side of the Hway, driving around and we founded that double track and went riding around along the Hway in those atv trails. So now what i want to know is what kind of trail it is and how long it is, because i live in Greenwood so it's quite a drive to go to New Minas for a trail that didn't worth it. So please guys give me the right info, and i you could draw a little map that would be awsome. It's my 3rd weeks here and i find it weird that mountain biking is not that popular here so i need good infos and good peoples to ride that nice province.

if you want my email or chat with MSN just tell me

Jul 2006
    003 where u with a lady? cuz i went down ther and saw 2 people

Yea Its hard to find trials around here that are worth riding them 4 wheeler trails can be fun ther one that leads to a nice lil trail but ther not to many trails around here unless u make them ur self witch is quite annyonning thers a a short trail like 1min from where i live its semi good but thers proble better ive been lookin for a really nice trail close to new manis thers some trails in the pit jus behind walmart i toke one way fun and fast but nothing exciting,

if anyone knows any good trails around wolfville coldbrook kentville white rock or portwillams plz tell me im lookin for some nice trails i havnt been on alot

if u wanna contacted me on MSN its

cant belive not many people MTB bike i mean im 16 and ive been doing it secse i was what 5ish lol

[email protected] im on all the time but if i dont answer im proble out biking
    Last edited by Joey_viper; 08-04-2006 at 12:56 PM.

Jul 2006
    003 were u at stove today (saterday) if were did u order shinpads if u did uwe saw u there me and joey_viper
    add my msn. [email protected] we'll go biking together. me u and joey_viper. we'll bring a camra to. joeys right theres a lot of atv trails that are worth riding. if stove tells u to go on the melliom trial or somethign dont its a peace of krap. well show u better trails were working on a site and forumfor the bikers in the vally (windsor to Greenwood) so check it out www.vallybiking.piczo.com thnx peace out dont for get to add me :P

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Nice to see some more ppl from the valley on here! From Kentville myself but living in Ottawa now. Will be driving out east though next month for a few weeks and will be bringing my bike... so good to see where some of the trails are.

Jul 2006
    yea we found some new trails around here so just ask and well tell u about them

May 2006
    What'up guys, i don't see you anymore on msn, by the way were you there at Rocky mountain demo the other evening??? two guys riding the DH trail??? Where is your new trails?? i can't wait to go .

Jul 2006
    I dont have my biek rightnow its at stove getting fixed somthign wrong with my derealer and crank so it there till friday. theres a couple new ones. one u no abot u think its in gasbro stove told me about it and there is a nother one if u go to kentville and if u no what the old hospitle is its up there if no its buy the soocer fields on the main road theres a bunch condows ask some peopel they well tell u were the old hospilte is there is some up there i still ahev to ride it but yea i well asap when i get my bike. Do u have shin pads if u do what do u think of them im thinkin about getting them.

May 2006
    Ok i already been there next to the old hospital, lots of big northshores there. You will need shin pads man, the one i have are the MACE and are realy nice and well made, excellent pads for 100$

Jul 2006
    i like Mace there good i have there gloves. ill going trailing tommorow and up on thte mountain with some friends, i think i might go to kentville sometime this week. how is the trail?

Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 003
    Ok i already been there next to the old hospital, lots of big northshores there. You will need shin pads man, the one i have are the MACE and are realy nice and well made, excellent pads for 100$

lol i went on a 5day camp in NB got to ride a nice kona and a nice norco but wasnt like riding my own bike. it was on a small island but ther where nice drop and ther making nice dirt jump .
    and about msn yea been away i saw u on the other day early in the morning lol im not up that early though

Jul 2006
    lol nice u c your back Joe. Hes right hes not the biggest morning person

May 2006
    Kentville have good single track but when i was out there riding it was all muddy and slippery so we couldnt enjoyed it. Brings pads and full face, lot of crazy shore in a spot.

Jul 2006
    im a morning person jus not to u people to me 1pm is morning live with it

Jul 2006
    yup thats joey

Members who have read this thread: 0