Trailhead 2011- Mtbr.com

Thread: Trailhead 2011

mtbr member

Trailhead 2011

Is anyone attending the Trailhead Conference in Niagra next month? Two days of speakers and two days on hands on trail building school (full schedule).

I would love to go but I think it will be something that I will have to save up for in 2012. Anyone been to one in the past?
    Come visit Trail Swag, an outdoors blog for Ontario!

Ms. Monster
    Mar 2007
    It's pretty pricey for normal folks! (Not unreasonable if it's your job). You might want to consider attending one of the local IMBA Trail care crew builds (like HCC's!)

mtbr member
    Excellent idea! Thanks for the suggestion, I will be there.

mtbr member
    I'm still considering going to Trailhead Ontario, works out to about $12 an hour, not overly steep and an excellent opportunity to schmooze....

Here's one in your neighborhood Evan, only $120 for 3 days..http://www.flemingc.on.ca/index.cfm/...na/style/d.cfm

part of this interesting looking "Sustainable Trails" certificate program @ Sir Sanford Fleming College

http://www.flemingc.on.ca/PDF/Contin...ble-Trails.pdf

mtbr member
    Thanks for the link, I've pondered that course but would still love to attend something like Trailhead for the social aspect as well.

mtbr member
    Trailhead Ontario early registration ends April 1, I should have my decision made by tomorrow, am at about 65/35 in favour of going right now, but not sure about spending the $$$$$.
    One of my fleet of high mileage vehicles failed its emission test today, have to decide whether to invest some cash in it or part ways after 13 happy years together?? I'll drink some beers, then make an intelligent decision!

Then there's always option #3 - Go to Trailhead anyways and park the car until things figure themselves out!!!

Avenger of Evil

MMMMM Trailhead
    Famous Last Words....."Hey, watch this!!"

humber river advocate
    the imba course is great for most people. save your money for tools and literature. i like to collect books, articles, maps, historical info. it's a great resource. picked this up, quite a deal and it has some great tidbits of info...

http://www.leelikesbikes.com/WTPTN/WTPTNindex.html
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

Members who have read this thread: 0