Trail in NS- Mtbr.com

Thread: Trail in NS

mtbr member

Trail in NS

Hi All, I'm heading out next week on a whirlwind tour of PEI and NS. I probably will only have enough time for a ride or two. What/where are THE trails in NS? Looking for fun and flowy, no DH.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Are you going through Quebec? Stop at Vallee Bras du Nord....well worth it.

mtbr member
    I will be and VdBN is on my list but we'll be firing through Que with the downtime in NS. Thanks for the suggestion though!

mtbr member
    Fun and flowy is not something you'll find much of in Nova Scotia. The riding in general on the east coast is pretty technical.

Top destinations in NS would be Halifax (Whopper/Bayers Lake and fight trail). Both very technical compared to Ontario standards. Rocky, rooty, exposed shield rock. I love it, but you work for every inch and a good FS trail bike is ideal.

The Valley (Kentville area) and Victoria Park in Truro are two other good destinations that are a little less technical. Should be good maps on Trail forks. No too many other ride destinations in NS. Keppoch near Antigonish is one, but from recollection, they are more ride up, ride down semi-DH style trails. A few smaller sets as well.

I'm not an expert on NS trails however, just my recollections of having lived there 10 years ago and hearing the current east coast chatter living in New Brunswick.

If you have any interest in NB trails, let me know, I can recommend stuff. Edmundston has 30+ km of machine built, fast flowy trail and Fredericton has probably the most progressive trail set on the east coast (MVP).
    Straight outta Rossland

mtbr member
    Dang, we weren't going to spend much time in NB, an evening and night in Fredericton that's about it. Thanks for the info.