trail gnomes rock!- Mtbr.com
    humber river advocate

trail gnomes rock!

remember to be kind to your trail gnomes. they can be lured with bacon...

nice weather tends to bring them out...

trash is converted into something fun by the gnomes...

optimistic gnome...

broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Don Valley?

humber river advocate
    yup...

and on another note...

Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    all these threads that you started pretty much define your level of mental capacity... From mushrooms to bacon on the trail and from gnomes to some obscure trip food advices...
    i think you need more bacon in your life... i suggest you follow the chart...

broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    ss was there actually someone fishing in the don?!

i can't believe you got slack from some peeps for posting bacon-related images...the world has become a sad, sad place
    ride, eat, sleep, repeat

Misfit Psycles
    Quote Originally Posted by tdotrider
    ss was there actually someone fishing in the don?!

i can't believe you got slack from some peeps for posting bacon-related images...the world has become a sad, sad place
    in their defense, i went to a bacon forum and was lambasted for posting a pic of my bike...evil surrounds us.
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

I Void Waranties
    The 1st production mountain bike was sold in 1984.
    Anti EBB

humber river advocate
    yah, but there are claims fish have been caught (and released... toxic!). though there is hope that one day the river will be clean enough to have a faily decent fish pop. yeah it is a sad state of affairs when bacon can not be enjoyed with mtbs... if anyone wants to get some awesome bacon i suggest you go to:
    http://jamiekennedy.ca/content/restaurants-gc.html
    i eat there often in toronto, and they have a small deli counter
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

Misfit Psycles
    incidentally.
    the only feed-stations at the SSWC's (durango, CO) were alcohol based.

the BIGGEST and BEST feed station was at the mid-point of a mile long climb. some jovial souls had lugged two colemans up and were cooking thick salty slabs of bacon.

i stuffed my gob.

50' following where multiple whisky 40 pounders to wash it all down.

racing.
    with class.
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

Evil Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by singlesprocket
    if anyone wants to get some awesome bacon i suggest you go to:
    https://jamiekennedy.ca/content/restaurants-gc.html
    i eat there often in toronto, and they have a small deli counter

So is that what he did with the Wine Bar? Mrs. Monster had eaten there loads of times but it's been a while. Weren't sure what was going to become of it once he hit the skids, so to speak: "Jamie Kennedy: eating his words - The Globe and Mail" (link was busted when I checked but here it is anyway: linky).

There's always Curbrae's too!

Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

humber river advocate
    i hit up the cumbraes on bayview a lot... their beef/chicken fajita's rock though the other meats are a bit pricey but worth it.
    http://www.cumbraes.com/main.php?a=retail

you know i ran into adrienne clarkson at gileads and had a fun chat with her (she has a wicked sense of humor) and she mentioned how she see's all the bay streeters with their long faces now in the high falootin resturants being tight wads... so it makes sense to scale things back to more informal type of eateries. what i enjoy about gileads is that i can ride up from the don with my bike and grab a good lunch for around $20 of local ingredients... plus the local food movement dinners is a nice night out and you get some gasternomic education.
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

sock puppet

tdot...

taken out of context - I don't blame you for your observation. If you followed few threads on Canadian forum, where this character antagonized most of the biking community, you would have known what I was talking about and why I made that statement.

Why do you think he is concealing his identity?

I doubt it is for the reason of popularity and community support... Of course, you are free to draw your own conclusions...

yup...

and on another note...

i think you need more bacon in your life... i suggest you follow the chart...

humber river advocate
    taken out of context - I don't blame you for your observation. If you followed few threads on Canadian forum, where this character antagonized most of the biking community, you would have known what I was talking about and why I made that statement.

Why do you think he is concealing his identity?

I doubt it is for the reason of popularity and community support... Of course, you are free to draw your own conclusions...
    bs, how is this statement taken out of context?

all these threads that you started pretty much define your level of mental capacity... From mushrooms to bacon on the trail and from gnomes to some obscure trip food advices...
    what has gnomes and bacon ever done to you? ok i can understand mushrooms can be a little freaky at times...

ok ok i give here's my curriculum vitae
    Last edited by singlesprocket; 11-04-2009 at 09:24 AM.
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

sock puppet

no need for foul language...

you should try to keep the discussion civilized.

The statement was taken out of the context of your overall behaviour in threads dealing with Albion rejuvenation and any other thread where racing community stepped up the plate to fix and/or rebuild the trails damaged by the race in wet conditions. For those that did not follow these threads - you were one of the 3% of MTBR members that made negative comments about racing community as a whole and the organization that keeps the sport of mountain biking alive and well and improves the trail system in Ontario. To the point that a couple of these threads were locked by the admins - it got that bad. And both threads started as completely positive and energy charging MTB threads...

That is the long story short.

As far as the rest of your posts - as I said previously - please keep posting. My 8 years old son finds them very entertaining and easy to understand. Can you please post more gnome MTB stories with pictures? Thanks in advance.

bs, how is this statement taken out of context?

what has gnomes and bacon ever done to you? ok i can understand mushrooms can be a little freaky at times...

humber river advocate
    this is gold...
    once again you continue to lie... (you seem to enjoy it)

annnnnd...

i never said there should be no racing.
    i never said there should be no racing trails

what i did say is there should be trails for all types of riders/experiences that reflect the community (both local and gta), heritage, promote stewardship, and that are sustainable/progressive...
    and that having a transparent trail plan/process is a good idea...

sheesh... get over it.

you should try to keep the discussion civilized.

The statement was taken out of the context of your overall behaviour in threads dealing with Albion rejuvenation and any other thread where racing community stepped up the plate to fix and/or rebuild the trails damaged by the race in wet conditions. For those that did not follow these threads - you were one of the 3% of MTBR members that made negative comments about racing community as a whole and the organization that keeps the sport of mountain biking alive and well and improves the trail system in Ontario. To the point that a couple of these threads were locked by the admins - it got that bad. And both threads started as completely positive and energy charging MTB threads...

broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

sock puppet

get over what?

I got nothing to get over. I fully recognize your right to have different opinion, even if it is 2% minority.

With regards to lying: my identity is known, every one knows who I am. I am not concealing it nor hiding behind masks.

On the other hand - you hide your identity by going out of your way to conceal it. You either photoshop masks over your face or do not include your face in any of the pics you post on the forum. Why?

Who is more likely to lie?

Besides, who was talking about details that you listed bellow calling me a liar? I never did. What I said was that you never supported any efforts on the part of the racing community in rebuilding the trails. And when I say "racing community" I don't just mean O-Cup type of racers, I mean all citizen racers that race all citizen races like 24 hours of Summer Solstice, Hot August Nights etc...

You publicly demeaned efforts by Chico group to keep the trail system at Albion Hills, in particular, well and alive. You described their building technique as non-sustainable, yet without Chico - Albion would have been lost to MTB riding. You never showed up to any of the trail building sessions at Albion Hills or Haliburton Forest. Yet, you disrespected efforts put in by others.

The list goes on and on and quite frankly, you are entitled to your opinion and I am not losing my sleep over it. You are very insignificant in your effort and it seems that it bothers you the most.

At the end of all this - you successfully marginalized yourself to the point that no one takes your comments seriously any more... Rightfully so...

Please keep posting funny pics though. As I said - my son appreciates it...

this is gold...
    once again you continue to lie... (you seem to enjoy it)

annnnnd...

i never said there should be no racing.
    i never said there should be no racing trails

what i did say is there should be trails for all types of riders/experiences that reflect the community (both local and gta), heritage, promote stewardship, and that are sustainable/progressive...
    and that having a transparent trail plan/process is a good idea...

sheesh... get over it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I got nothing to get over. I fully recognize your right to have different opinion, even if it is 2% minority.

With regards to lying: my identity is known, every one knows who I am. I am not concealing it nor hiding behind masks.

On the other hand - you hide your identity by going out of your way to conceal it. You either photoshop masks over your face or do not include your face in any of the pics you post on the forum. Why?

Besides, who was talking about details that you listed bellow calling me a liar? I never did. What I said was that you never supported any efforts on the part of the racing community in rebuilding the trails. And when I say "racing community" I don't just mean O-Cup type of racers, I mean all citizen racers that race all citizen races like 24 hours of Summer Solstice, Hot August Nights etc...

You publicly demeaned efforts by Chico group to keep the trail system at Albion Hills, in particular, well and alive. You described their building technique as non-sustainable, yet without Chico - Albion would have been lost to MTB riding. You never showed up to any of the trail building sessions at Albion Hills or Haliburton Forest. Yet, you disrespected efforts put in by others.

The list goes on and on and quite frankly, you are entitled to your opinion and I am not losing my sleep over it. You are very insignificant in your effort and it seems that it bothers you the most.

At the end of all this - you successfully marginalized yourself to the point that no one takes your comments seriously any more... Rightfully so...

I don't know or care about the lying that may or may not go on here, but I do know that Oskolo's post are coming across as an annoying know it all.

humber river advocate
    now it's 2%... thought you said 3% minority... you can't even get your own made up statistics right... by the way you can try to bait me all you want you still speak with a forked tongue...
    for example:
    -saying a female member here made advances to you by pm
    -stated that i'm spaming the toronto bicycle network
    (many more also...)

perhaps it is you who is being disrespectful

by the way you are rambling now...

broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

sock puppet

that is fine my friend...

I probably don't know you but I certainly hope I didn't offend you by having my opinion on something.

Enjoy your bacon with the character that is in the centre of this thread... Please don't hurt the gnome...

Quote Originally Posted by stormbringer
    I don't know or care about the lying that may or may not go on here, but I do know that Oskolo's post are coming across as an annoying know it all.

Ms. Monster
    Mar 2007
    Oh, you two, really. It's time to kiss and make up. Or at least ignore each other.

Ad hominem attacks do credit to no one.

And thread hijacking is just annoying. You both do it. I've done it. I'm trying to learn my lesson.

sock puppet

it is a simple question:

why are you going out of your way to conceal your identity?

now it's 2%... thought you said 3% minority... you can't even get your own made up statistics right... by the way you can try to bait me all you want you still speak with a forked tongue...
    for example:
    -saying a female member here made advances to you by pm
    -stated that i'm spaming the toronto bicycle network
    (many more also...)

perhaps it is you who is being disrespectful

by the way you are rambling now...

humber river advocate
    yeah i agree... ad hominem attacks on me by stating that i'm anti racing everything is a lie as well as other assumptions and red herring tactics... everyone flings sh-it (me included), but it is only the fool who thinks none of it stays on their hands...
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

Misfit Psycles
    sprocket is a racer.
    at heart.
    things change people change...but deep down there's still a little left.

word on the street is that a few digital images from the Supafly series are surfacing...Chris with medal included...

it's just a bike.
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

sock puppet

this is as big as

the Watergate...

outstanding!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nogearshere
    sprocket is a racer.
    at heart.

word on the street is that a few digital images from the Supafly series are surfacing...Chris with medal included...

it's just a bike.

humber river advocate
    i'm tired of being hounded by the paparazzi...

broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

Ms. Monster
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nogearshere
    sprocket is a racer.
    at heart.

it's just a bike.
    I believe you just posted some of those images on your blog...

mostbrokenestscaphoidever

pupparazzo? what?!

I do take photos of HOUNDS and all other dogs, so it wasn't me...

banned
    Feb 2005

Pork Belly

singlesprocket thanks once again for a thread that represents what MTBers enjoy doing. Hanging out with friends and enjoying the outdoors on your MTBs. I did not see a mass e-mail or public posting about your trail crew day, how did the riders know where to go? Also I did not see any arrows stapled to the trees, were you afraid of getting lost?

Ossy you are bad mouthing Bacon, what's next beer?

This is Canadian goodness, fill your mouth and shut up.

Evil Jr.
    Mmm, pork belly. Gonna miss Japan; the food's been outstanding!

Although I never did find this place:

Last edited by garage monster; 11-05-2009 at 07:13 AM.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

humber river advocate
    i could almost smell that picture...
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

sock puppet

thanks Phatty...

Being in porky business, this is a conflict of interest for you to talk about pork. Don't you have enough pork in your life?

But thanks for educating us what MTBing is... I tend to forget from time to time that it actually includes riding bikes. At least based on your posts...

Nah, I like bacon and other goodies, including beer, despite your questioning... Sorry for not being more basic for you to be able to understand... I'll try harder next time...

BTW, did you fix the swamp at your woods? I want to come this weekend and ride it a bit. Is that ok with you??

Thanks pal,

Quote Originally Posted by Phat Tyred
    singlesprocket thanks once again for a thread that represents what MTBers enjoy doing. Hanging out with friends and enjoying the outdoors on your MTBs. I did not see a mass e-mail or public posting about your trail crew day, how did the riders know where to go? Also I did not see any arrows stapled to the trees, were you afraid of getting lost?

Ossy you are bad mouthing Bacon, what's next beer?

This is Canadian goodness, fill your mouth and shut up.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    why do so many threads on this forum turn into clusterf*cks of negativity?!
    ride, eat, sleep, repeat

Ms. Monster
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tdotrider
    why do so many threads on this forum turn into clusterf*cks of negativity?!
    Meh. Just ignore the negativity and focus on the delicious pork.

Members who have read this thread: 0