Trail conditions?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2010

Bonking ... not feelin' well Trail conditions?

Hi:
    Does anyone know what the trail conditions are in Durham Forest? My crew just tried riding Ganaraska Forest last night and there is still five inches of snow on the trails.

Cheers

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevorg
    Hi:
    Does anyone know what the trail conditions are in Durham Forest? My crew just tried riding Ganaraska Forest last night and there is still five inches of snow on the trails.

Cheers
    I was up there last Sat on my Niner for about 1.5hrs - trails were perfect - 6-9" or hard pack snow but the corners that were in the sunlight were getting mushy (but no where near the dirt). But... after the sun these past couple days, who knows... mind you the rain we had this morning was snow up there (I'm in Whitby)...

I doubt I'll have time to drive up tomorrow to check, but if I do I'll post what I find.

D
    Somewhere lost in the Bush!

mtbr member
    Hi:

Cheers

Ganaraska trails are CLOSED for mountain biking until May 1st. There's a gigantic sign at the entrance saying so.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Thanks for letting me know. It sounds like it will be a few more weeks before we see dirt.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by akura
    Ganaraska trails are CLOSED for mountain biking until May 1st. There's a gigantic sign at the entrance saying so.
    The interesting thing was that I called the forest centre and the girl there told me the trails were fine to ride. This was the main forest centre, I know there is a sign at E2 but I didn't see one at the forest centre. There was one indicating the skiing was done.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    If you wanna ride, it's better to ride now before the ground thaws, after it thaws it'll be a few weeks...
    www.mtbiker.ca

My Rides:
    FSR XC -R7 Platinum - SRAM X7 (26.5lbs)
    Cervelo SLC - SRAM Rival - Reynolds DV46T (16.25 lbs)

namagomi
    Don't ... don't even bother to make a trip anywhere yet ... the sunny sections of trail are still like pudding.

Another 2 weeks.

The ground beneath is still frozen, but the top is saturated with melt water and that is the problem!

mtbr member
    The interesting thing was that I called the forest centre and the girl there told me the trails were fine to ride. This was the main forest centre, I know there is a sign at E2 but I didn't see one at the forest centre. There was one indicating the skiing was done.
    Unfortunately, I think the girl at the kiosk knows how much a day pass is....that's about it... as you found out when you tried riding.

mtbr member
    I Was out today , mush wet/ice snow ,mud , beautiful sunny day love it. Didn't wipe out,, some of it really test your legs and steering reactions.
    13 On One Fatty
    08 YETI 575 BLK. C.King Hubs/Hadley
    96 Specialized Stump Jumper FS Tweaked

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Went for a run through the trails off of the 5th Concession, tiny bit of ice and icy puddles in a few spots, and wet in lower sections. I'm tempted to ride tomorrow, but am sure by the end of the week it will be fine down here.

D
    Somewhere lost in the Bush!

mtbr member

Ravenshoe Trails

The Ravenshoe trails aren't quite ready but I'd say another couple of weeks and they'll be ready. It doesn't seem to stop people from riding on them now and ripping them all up for the rest of the season.

Members who have read this thread: 0