Trail Conditions- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Trail Conditions

I want to get out this weekend for my first ride of the season on my new used bike.

I was thinking about hitting the Don with my best friend but I think I rather hit Ravenshoe or Kelso as he's never ridden outside of the city really.

How are the trail conditions?

I know Ravenshoe is a swamp area so it tends to stay wetter longer in the spring periods.. is it really that mushy?

Thanx in advance!

Amy

livin' large
    Kelso and Hilton Falls are quite dry, and really fast
    it tied the room together man!

I already rode that
    With the forecasted rain coming looks like this weekend will be an onroad ride

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Crud monkeys

*does go-away-rain dance*

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I just got back from Albion and it was mint...only one muddy spot, so I got off and walked around it ...nothing to clean when I got home!

Bike Junkie

I tried a bunch this week

I rode Albion Hills last Saturday and it was perfect for riding. A few muddy patches; but nothing swampy. Very loose from what I recall.

I rode Glen Major/Walker Woods (aka 3rock) Sun and Wed and it was excellent only muddy patch was at the beginning; but again nothing serious.

I also ventured to Kelso and that was ok except for the light rain that happened later on the day on Tuesday. That made for some slippery rocks and roots with my motoraptor tires.

I got an on the ground report from a colleague that lives in Keswick telling me that Ravenshoe was on the muddy side so I skipped it for 3rock again.

Now with the cold rain/thunderstorms that we will get the trails conditions will be different.
    See You On The Trails!

Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackOut
    Now with the cold rain/thunderstorms that we will get the trails conditions will be different.
    Global Warming? How come Southern Ontario seems to have been left out of this phenomena the last couple of years?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

No good

Quote Originally Posted by Lowenbrau
    Global Warming? How come Southern Ontario seems to have been left out of this phenomena the last couple of years?
    Can you say junk science? I think we had about 2 weeks of warm weather in SEPTEMBER! The rest of the summer was cooler than normal.
    2008 Trek Fuel EX 8
    Apsley, Ontario, Canada

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

No good

It started raining in biblical proportions since my previous post, so that'll screw up conditions for a while. I think it's supposed to rain Saturday & a chance of showers on Sunday.

I guess May showers bring June flowers .
    2008 Trek Fuel EX 8
    Apsley, Ontario, Canada

mtbr member
    And you know what the real 'kick in the nuts' is, Rev? I sit here typing away in the basement, Saturday afternoon @ 1:15 and it's simply gorgeous outside. I mean you couldn't possibly ask for better weather (okay, maybe just a bit less humidity).

That Mother Nature woman needs to be told. A couple of times! I am now convinced that her and that Murphy guy (I think he's a lawyer?) have something going on to totally p-off humanity.

Oh, science - it must be the greatest thing to be a Meteorologist. The only job in the world you can be wrong 384 days a year and still be employed.

Okay, i'll stop whinning now. Sorry.
    I ..... need ..... DIRT!!!!!

... and cookies. :D