Trail building on crown land- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Trail building on crown land

I live close to Saint John NB, the area I live in is surronded by Crown Land. I'd like to start building a trail in my area, because the area I'm in most likely won't see any development for years. Does anyone know if I would need a permit of some sort.

mtbr member

Rule #1: Get Permission

I honestly don't know who you would talk to, to get that permission. Renegade trail building is not the way to go, it ultimately does more damage than good, not only potential environmental damage, but also reputation damage. Getting permission may take longer in short run, but renegade trail building takes longer in the long run.

A good first bet would be to gget in touch with the IMBA affiliated clubs in your area and see what they have to say.
    http://www.imba.com/contacts/near_yo...brunswick.html

That page does not list a rep for NB so if the clubs aren't any help you should get in touch directly with Mark & Lora of IMBA Canada. I'd be very surprised if they can't point you in the right direction.
    [email protected]
    Jason Murray
    Rep for Ontario, IMBA Canada
    Visit the IMBA Canada site to keep current on all things IMBA in Canada.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Thanks for the info, just to be more clear I'm not going to start anything without permission and if I was to start I'd be concerned with not damaging the enviornment.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I don't know about NB, but in Ontario the Ministry of Natural Resources administers Crown Land.
    2008 Trek Fuel EX 8
    Apsley, Ontario, Canada

banned
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by revrnd
    I don't know about NB, but in Ontario the Ministry of Natural Resources administers Crown Land.
    Only the provincial parks and conservation areas...the feds (Parks Canada) look after the Crown Land and national parks.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Called the province, -> call parks Canada -> call natural resource -> FOUND OUT coast guard may own the area I want to use. RED TAPE everywhere. SO I've decided I'll just move, get 200+ acres my land my trails. now I just need to find the place. I'll post again when/if I find a place.

Members who have read this thread: 0