Trail build this Sunday in Peterborough at the Harold Town conservation area- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    89

    Trail build this Sunday in Peterborough at the Harold Town conservation area

    Hey Everyone!

    We have a trail build planned for this Sunday at 1pm. We will be working on a new fast flowy downhill trail. With the addition of this trail riders will be able to do a full loop of all the trails with out having to backtrack anything.
    Bring sturdy boots, gloves and what ever else you think you will need for a few hrs in the woods.
    The conservation area is located at 2611 Old Norwood rd. Its East of town off of Television rd
    If interested in joining us let me know via pm or on here so that we can get a idea of how many people we will have out. If any students are looking for volunteer hours this is a great opportunity to get a fun few hrs

    Mac

  2. #2
    humber river advocate
    Reputation: singlesprocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6,391
    good stuff!
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

    build trail!

  3. #3
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,678
    Quote Originally Posted by ptbo_mac View Post
    Hey Everyone!

    We have a trail build planned for this Sunday at 1pm. We will be working on a new fast flowy downhill trail. With the addition of this trail riders will be able to do a full loop of all the trails with out having to backtrack anything.
    Bring sturdy boots, gloves and what ever else you think you will need for a few hrs in the woods.
    The conservation area is located at 2611 Old Norwood rd. Its East of town off of Television rd
    If interested in joining us let me know via pm or on here so that we can get a idea of how many people we will have out. If any students are looking for volunteer hours this is a great opportunity to get a fun few hrs

    Mac
    Really? We actually have a park named after Harold Town?

    Small world...I had an offer in on his house on Castle Frank after he died back in the 70's...he turned the place into a dump, essentially a storage place for 1000's of paintings and prints, he lived at his farm. He even ripped out the kitchen and bathroom...even the stairs to the ravine out back.

    Turned into a huge bidding war, even back then. I wonder what happened to those prints he was signing in the basement?...he died before signing all of them, making it a very small limited edition.

    Anyway...Happy Trails, Harold.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    14
    What is riding like at Harold Town? Durham Forest/3 Rocks or Ganaraska type stuff?

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by bctrav View Post
    What is riding like at Harold Town? Durham Forest/3 Rocks or Ganaraska type stuff?

    Its not really like any of those. If I had to compare I would say more Durham/3rocks.
    One side of the hill feels like your in BC lots of big old cedars, ferns and loamy trails. The other side is all hardwoods. There are also a few meadows to ride through.
    Were currently working on a fun flowy downhill trail that will be about 1km long. Should be ready to ride for next spring. Its going to be epic! We have a berm that is about 50ft long and has a elevation drop of about 15feet
    Currently we have about 12km of trails. If I had to take a guess I would say we have used 10-20% of the land.
    Finding your way around is pretty easy too. You cant get lost. We will have signage in there in the spring.

    mac

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by ptbo_mac View Post
    Its not really like any of those. If I had to compare I would say more Durham/3rocks.
    One side of the hill feels like your in BC lots of big old cedars, ferns and loamy trails. The other side is all hardwoods. There are also a few meadows to ride through.
    Were currently working on a fun flowy downhill trail that will be about 1km long. Should be ready to ride for next spring. Its going to be epic! We have a berm that is about 50ft long and has a elevation drop of about 15feet
    Currently we have about 12km of trails. If I had to take a guess I would say we have used 10-20% of the land.
    Finding your way around is pretty easy too. You cant get lost. We will have signage in there in the spring.

    mac
    Sounds like it would be worth a trip up to check it out. Are you part of the cycling club up there?

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    89
    Ya I am part of the club. I also work at the local shop (Wildrock Outfitters) as a bike mechanic and am very active in the trail work and development at Harold Town.
    My riding season is done, its all trail work for me now. If you plan on coming to check it out this fall let me know. I may pull the bike out again.

    Mac

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.