Toronto Waterfront Ride- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Good job! Toronto Waterfront Ride

Still some ice & snow in the bush north of Oshawa, so I went up to T.O. Saturday. Rode from Woodbine Beach out the Leslie St. Spit & over to the Humber River bridge & back. Just over 36 miles. A nice day out & lots of other cyclists out enjoying the weather after the previous weekend's debacle.

Was anyone else out?

One point to gripe about. Why can't people step off the bike path when they stop? Several times I had to veer off to the grass or no man's land when people were messing w/ their bikes & not aware of other path users.
    2008 Trek Fuel EX 8
    Apsley, Ontario, Canada

Apr 2004

don.

i went out for a quick spin in the don on saturday afternoon. i was surprised - it was in great shape save for a few low spots. nice day and not too many other people out on the trail. it was my first time out on my SS since last fall and i definetly felt kinda winded and pukey at the end of the ride. i've been riding road frequently for the last month and that hasn't seemed to help at all. just ignore the asshats that stop in the middle of the trail/street - enjoy the ride.

mtbr member
    i've been out on the paths by the Don the last week. I'll be out again today after work.
    Sunday I was up in Markham with a buddy doing some raod training for the paris Ancaster.
    Has anyone tried the trails yet? I'm wondering if the Don trails will be dry enough to ride yet.
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2019 Scott Foil 10 Disc
    2019 Norco Search XR Steel
    2017 Trek Farley 9.6

mtbr member

thats funny....

Quote Originally Posted by revrnd
    Still some ice & snow in the bush north of Oshawa, so I went up to T.O. Saturday. Rode from Woodbine Beach out the Leslie St. Spit & over to the Humber River bridge & back. Just over 36 miles. A nice day out & lots of other cyclists out enjoying the weather after the previous weekend's debacle.

Was anyone else out?

One point to gripe about. Why can't people step off the bike path when they stop? Several times I had to veer off to the grass or no man's land when people were messing w/ their bikes & not aware of other path users.
    Exact same route, just the other way round! Hooked up with some roadies on the way back right around the island airport drafted with them to almost the humber when one of them got dropped then the guy infront was getting a little agitated(probably because I was on a mtb and keeping up with him) and just started hammering the pedals I would catch and pass him anytime we hit a light...do roadies not know how to trackstand??

didnt have a problem with people stopping on the trail (its pretty damn wide) were you looking at those blondes on blades instead of the path infront

Great ride and scenery

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Good job!

No this was by Unwin St. definitely no scenery there Mind you I did see a few members of the opposite sex on skates & bikes. Didn't notice there hair colour though
    2008 Trek Fuel EX 8
    Apsley, Ontario, Canada