Toronto International Bike Show Mar 3-5 2017- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Toronto International Bike Show Mar 3-5 2017

Anyone plan on going to the show this week-end?

Moderator Moderator
    I might end up there Sunday. I have nothing to spend money on but have not been in a few years.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    I'm in town for the Supercross and didn't know about bike Show... But I might give it a try...

X-Ray Guy
    I plan on going Sunday browsing at the new bikes and seeing if there's any deals on fat bikes.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawz View Post
    I plan on going Sunday browsing at the new bikes and seeing if there's any deals on fat bikes.
    Lots of fatbikes, some good deals to be had on them.

X-Ray Guy
    Awesome thanks for letting me know. Hopefully they have smalls left on sunday

Anyone know how much parking is and how crowded the lots are? Debating taking the Go train in from Mississauga

rbs
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawz View Post
    Awesome thanks for letting me know. Hopefully they have smalls left on sunday

Anyone know how much parking is and how crowded the lots are? Debating taking the Go train in from Mississauga
    Parking would be $15 on-site or across the road at Ontario Place. Should be lots available.

X-Ray Guy
    Any one got any reviews of the show so far?

mtbr member
    I found it just so so..not a lot of mountain biking stuff (not that I needed anything). A friend was looking for a fat bike but didn't find one he liked. There was a lot of road stuff though. Would of been a great place to buy a new road bike.
    Friends don't let friends cheer for the TML

X-Ray Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dgage View Post
    I found it just so so..not a lot of mountain biking stuff (not that I needed anything). A friend was looking for a fat bike but didn't find one he liked. There was a lot of road stuff though. Would of been a great place to buy a new road bike.

I have similar review of the event. I went Sunday and it seemed very quiet at 10 am. By the time I left around 130 it was getting pretty busy. I was also looking for a fat bike but only low end spec models were available in small. Bike depot had some good deals on mediums and larges.

mtbr member
    The bike show has been like this for ever. I have not been for a long time. It is good for Road, but I never found good deals on MTB stuff. If you are looking for something specific, you are better off hitting a few bike shops. There are various shops having winter clear outs. I know Bike Zone in Barrie is doing one. Pretty sure most shops would be wanting to get rid of fat bikes now.
    Burnt Norton

X-Ray Guy
    I don't go ever year. Haven't been in 4 or 5 years so I felt like going back and now I am loosely looking for a fat bike if there was a deal but probably will wait till next year. Got to see some retailers I had never heard of or generally probably wouldn't have travelled to like The Bike Depot and Dornelias. Watched some flatland bmx and bike polo. I felt I got my moneys worth but on the fence whether Ill fight the crowds for the winter shows. Some deals were better than I would normally find in a bike shop. I know a lot of shops in the area where I live were doing 20% bikes and such.