May 2004

Toronto Bicycle Show, Mar 4th Weekend

Is anyone going?
    Is it worth the $13 entry fee?

http://www.telsec.net/bicycleshow/
    Last edited by Rock2; 02-28-2005 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Typing mistake

Jul 2004

hell yes

It's worth the $13 just to get a quick bike fix. But I do truely beleive there are some decent deals. I am going to try and get a new bike. finger crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock2
    Is anyone going?
    Is it worth the $13 entry fee?

http://www.telsec.net/bicycleshow/

Jun 2004
    haha - im going...good luck with getting that bike

im personally looking for tires, pedals, gloves and helmet..mainly gloves and helmet but ill pick up tires/pedals if i see what i like...hoping there'll be lots left when i get there around 5 on the friday

Jan 2004
    so worth it , new bike for me and the im racing in the 4 cross on dirt , so im stoked

mtbr member

tires

Planning on picking up some tires, helmet and maybe some shorts...

anyways cant decide on what tires...any suggestions? Ride mostly at Hilton Falls and Kelso, but planning on hitting Mansfield this year.

Panaracer Fire XC ...any comments on these

Cheers,

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley

anyways cant decide on what tires...any suggestions? Ride mostly at Hilton Falls and Kelso, but planning on hitting Mansfield this year.

Cheers,
    I don't like the Fires XC at Masfield for some reason. I just felt like the swam too much in corners (the sand?) and didn't hook up on the climbs there. I don't know why because they're pretty good everywhere else except mansfield. I've found pythons good at Mansfield. My favourite tire right now is the Nokian NBX 2.1 and they are good at Mansfield and everywhere I have taken them.

Economy Stimulator
    Sep 2004

Cheers,

The panaracers are great tires and i ride them in the sloppy stuff. But when the trails are dry i slap on the Kenda kosmic lites(396g/tire) they are faster than stink. Hopefully i will be able to pick up a pair at the show.

I already rode that
    I was wanting to get a new fork and that was even if they had the one I want there. AM-SL
    But after looking at how much I have saved and whatnot I doubt I will get it anytime soon
    damn bills!

So like others I'll prob end up getting new tires for my bike or whatever I see thats cheap and will work for my bikes.
    Actually maybe a few new jerseys too.

Jun 2004
    save some panracers for me! haha im looking for some too...as well as the Nokian NBX lites..hopefully i can find them

I already rode that
    Im more or less looking for continentals Vert pros or maybe survival pros 2.3's.

Dec 2004

Cheers,
    I am currently using Panaracer Fire XC's. I weigh 185 lbs and run 30 psi front and 35 psi rear. There isn't a hill that I can't climb at Mansfiled with them, but there are a few sandy corners where the tires like to wash out (front and rear at the same time) and cause me to go slower than I would like. They are deffinitley not the fastest rolling tire, the best sand tire, nor the best mud tire but they were deffinitely one of the best all around tires when they came out. There better tires now though.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Wade Simmons, Brian Lopes and Thomas Vanderham are going to be there of course it's worth it

I already rode that
    Who are they? Im just going for the deals if any and watch the bike action they got going on. I dont really care if those ppl are there. Niki Gudex, Paola Pezzo, the marz bomber girls...now that would make the show more then worth it!

Economy Stimulator
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperNewb
    Who are they? Im just going for the deals if any and watch the bike action they got going on. I dont really care if those ppl are there. Niki Gudex, Paola Pezzo, the marz bomber girls...now that would make the show more then worth it!

well said!

TT.
    wheeler
    Feb 2004
    the show...not worth $8 IMHO.. the deals...it's a fleamarket.....droolin' over the Jamis babe...pricless

I think I'll get some Phil's grease this year
    I Ride, I Know

mtbr member

If you love bikes...

it`s the place to be. However, the deals are hit and miss. The odd time I find an amazing deal, but after the last (6) years of attending, I find it`s better to shop on ebay for a serious bargain. I have found that the tires and handlebars, along with some accessories are priced well. One year the Topeak Alien multi-tool was $35.00cdn.

Don`t pay asking price - make them an offer. Usually works.

Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by top_ring
    it`s the place to be. However, the deals are hit and miss. The odd time I find an amazing deal, but after the last (6) years of attending, I find it`s better to shop on ebay for a serious bargain. I have found that the tires and handlebars, along with some accessories are priced well. One year the Topeak Alien multi-tool was $35.00cdn.

Don`t pay asking price - make them an offer. Usually works.
    even make them offers on the small-ticket items? (helmet?)

TT.
    wheeler
    Feb 2004
    yea..offers on everything man... they don't wanna haul the smit back to the shop
    I Ride, I Know

Jul 2004

Some sick deals at the show

Just picked up an 04 Kona Dawg matic for $850 + tax. It was marked down from $1250.

It was tough to decide. Some awesome deals. They are gonna be scooped up fast though, so get down there!

http://www.konaworld.com/shopping_ca...7&parentid=182