Tips on Toronto- Mtbr.com

Thread: Tips on Toronto

Jun 2006

Tips on Toronto

Am visiting Toronto in July and would like to ask for tips on good stores for some bike stuff. I'm looking for a rigid fork in particular, Planet X Superlight. Anyone know where I can get one of these in TO or if there's a Canadian webshop I can order it from?
    Thanks in advance

/Eric.

Space for rent...
    Hi Eric,
    I notice that you are from Sweden. Are you only coming to Toronto, or are you also going to the US as well? The reason I ask, is because the US based web-shops are considerably cheaper than the Canadian ones. Canadian retail shops are even more expensive.

If you will also be staying in a US city (Buffalo and Niagara Falls are only ~100km), then you may be better off having the items shipped to a UPS or Fedex office, and picking them up from there.
    It's only pain......

Jun 2006
    Hey Steve and thanks for the reply.
    I don't think I'll be going to the US side, am staying with relatives there so don't feel right about asking them to take me that far for a fork. Then again, by "far" I only have Swedish distancess to compare with
    I live in a fairly small town with not too many LBS's and most of them small so if you got an LBS in TO to recommend I'd appreciate it.

Space for rent...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric_C
    Hey Steve and thanks for the reply.
    I don't think I'll be going to the US side, am staying with relatives there so don't feel right about asking them to take me that far for a fork. Then again, by "far" I only have Swedish distancess to compare with
    I live in a fairly small town with not too many LBS's and most of them small so if you got an LBS in TO to recommend I'd appreciate it.
    Maybe you could drop me a PM, and let my know approximately where they live. I will see if I can put together a list of shops for you, and possibly get you contact info. The cheapest I have seen that fork on the internet is US$110. I will be surprised if anyone in Toronto carries it. I suspect you will have to order it in advance, and will probably end-up paying full retail.

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/145...erIN050QB1.htm

I am originally from England, and have had lots of relatives "visit". Trust me.......they WILL take you to Niagara Falls for the day. Many Canadians cross the border to shop, as prices are cheaper in the US. Also the Canaidan dollar is very strong right now, so it is even better value for money. My wife just got back after a couple of days shopping. Apparently she saved me LOTS of money
    It's only pain......

Bike Junkie

Just to check

If you want to find a LBS.

www.cycle-solutions.com

Just call them/email them and ask how much the part is to compare.
    See You On The Trails!

Members who have read this thread: 0