timmins is golden- Mtbr.com
    humber river advocate

timmins is golden

great news! timmins will have downhill trails at kamiskotia ski resort, should be up and running next summer https://www.kamiskotia.com/ and a plug to northern sports (local lbs) https://www.northernsports.ca/

lots of buff trails around the town

blue berry season was best ever, so sweet, just pick anywhere...

mushrooms also!

you never know what you will find in the bush...

rode around old mines

checked out the old gold mine, here is the pit that started it all...

going into the mine

lost tourist

blasting face

my next bike purchase, just have to chip it out...

a miners 29er

did some 4x4ing, a lake at the end of every trail

mmmmm smoked pike with beer

broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Cool stuff. That first picture makes me want to go and check it out. Looks like fun.

humber river advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenAnimator View Post
    Cool stuff. That first picture makes me want to go and check it out. Looks like fun.
    they got alot of potential up there...
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Looks like a poodle path. Where are the TTF's? The rad DH technical riding? Where be the challenge?

I see great trail for Alitoids on XC race bikes wearing spandex clipped in with the seat up.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    I see great trail for Alitoids on XC race bikes wearing spandex clipped in with the seat up.
    Mountain biking is much more than your narrow interpretation of a type of rider.

Free riding is about all trails, the freedom to ride ...anywhere and exploring. I feel sad for people that don't understand this, they are missing out.

"albiotards" ..lol Should check out The North Shore in Vancouver, walk into the Cove bike shop and talk to the locals there, your tunnel vision view of what you think mountain biking is will be expanded.

mtbr member

here we go again.......

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Should check out The North Shore in Vancouver, walk into the Cove bike shop and talk to the locals there, your tunnel vision view of what you think mountain biking is will be expanded.
    lol dude you have no clue. I'd explain it but it would really just sound like bragging on the internet.

namagomi
    Wooooo... boy!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dhpunk~ View Post

here we go again.......
    Why? Has someone talked about North Shore before? ohh...I love that place. I plan to buy a house and retire there and yell at young mountain bikers to get off mah lawn, but they will know it's coming from a loving place!

The point to all this, no one riding style is better than others, and this "albiotard" way of thinking that one style of mountain biking should be the only way is baffling. There is room for all types of trails and riding.

If nature puts rocks in our way we jump them, put a mountain in the way we climb it. The rider should develop skills to conquer what nature gives us, I don't think trails should be adapted to the rider, should be the other way around and it kind of sucks to see such elitism on here like one style is better than the other...because it's just a wrong way of thinking.

My 2 cents.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    lol dude you have no clue. I'd explain it but it would really just sound like bragging on the internet.
    You could be King of the Mountain Bike world my friend it doesn't matter, it does not make you right.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Why? Has someone talked about North Shore before? ohh...I love that place. I plan to buy a house and retire there and yell at young mountain bikers to get off mah lawn, but they will know it's coming from a loving place!
    How close are you to retirement. You can buy my brand spanking new 1 br apartment in central Lonsdale. I give you good deal, 350k it's 600 sq ft. View of Seymour to the east, great for a morning person as the sun wakes you up nice and early all summer for riding. The ride to the base of Fromme is about 10 minutes, a mix of side streets and urban paths. You'll be much closer to North Shore Bike Shop than you will be to Cove, but that is a good thing as Matt has awesome while you wait service for guys that buy their bikes from him. He's also a former Ontario guy so you can shoot the breeze about old races or urban TARP rides (he started the OG Toronto Area Ride Post on Yahoo back in the day).

Some advice from a local. N.Van would be a crappy place to retire. Cost of real estate is whack, way better value in other spots where the riding is equally as good and less restricted.

Oh and I think you missed me making fun of old singlesprocket with my post. He seems to be the one with a hardon about not enough challenging trails and everything being paved smooth yet posts a picture of smooth trail and calls it potential for DH.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    How close are you to retirement. You can buy my brand spanking new 1 br apartment in central Lonsdale. I give you good deal, 350k it's 600 sq ft. View of Seymour to the east, great for a morning person as the sun wakes you up nice and early all summer for riding. The ride to the base of Fromme is about 10 minutes, a mix of side streets and urban paths. You'll be much closer to North Shore Bike Shop than you will be to Cove, but that is a good thing as Matt has awesome while you wait service for guys that buy their bikes from him. He's also a former Ontario guy so you can shoot the breeze about old races or urban TARP rides (he started the OG Toronto Area Ride Post on Yahoo back in the day).

Some advice from a local. N.Van would be a crappy place to retire. Cost of real estate is whack, way better value in other spots where the riding is equally as good and less restricted.

Oh and I think you missed me making fun of old singlesprocket with my post. He seems to be the one with a hardon about not enough challenging trails and everything being paved smooth yet posts a picture of smooth trail and calls it potential for DH.
    I plan on getting land or a house around Dempsey Rd or Coleman St. I am still far off from retirement but I'll have enough saved up to bid competitively in the area I want to have like a Bike Shop out of my garage, maybe make my own frames on my own time and build up custom bikes and help out local riders, maybe give tours, who knows.

I like Cove as they make their own bikes and last time I was there I brought about 5 frames back with me to Ontario. I never went in The North Shore Bike Shop but I will, I'm going down there in a couple weeks so I will definitely pop in there and see what is up!

Oh, and be cool to singlesprocket. he seems like a cool guy and I like his videos and pics. I don't know the history here and don't really care but there seems to be bitterness on both sides but I can understand his frustration, people act pretty doouchey on here towards him and I have experienced this too and it doesn't seem right to me, everyone here should be free to give their opinion without getting bashed by the peanut gallery.
    Last edited by BrokenAnimator; 08-03-2011 at 04:52 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I plan on getting land or a house around Dempsey Rd or Coleman St. I am still far off from retirement but I'll have enough saved up to bid competitively in the area I want to have like a Bike Shop out of my garage, maybe make my own frames on my own time and build up custom bikes and help out local riders, maybe give tours, who knows.

I like Cove as they make their own bikes and last time I was there I brought about 5 frames back with me to Ontario. I never went in The North Shore Bike Shop but I will, I'm going down there in a couple weeks so I will definitely pop in there and see what is up!
    Uh land on Dempsey? None left that hasn't already been built on. Current prices are about 750k for a tear down in the neighbourhood. Have fun bidding "competitively" at the base of Fromme.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Uh land on Dempsey? None left that hasn't already been built on. Current prices are about 750k for a tear down in the neighbourhood. Have fun bidding "competitively" at the base of Fromme.
    Thanks, I will have fun. I can only hope the prices are still as low as 750K by that time.

humber river advocate

Looks like a poodle path. Where are the TTF's? The rad DH technical riding? Where be the challenge?

your posts reeks of bitterness and anger. your comprehension is laughable at best... i suggest you read the post again and stop being such a tard...

you live in the west coast yet you always post in the east coast forum... whats up with that?
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

humber river advocate
    and you have no clue
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

humber river advocate
    once again read the post again, click on the link... i think you know how to do that...

by the way timmins gets it... all types of trails for all types of riding abilities.

diversity makes for a better riding experience and is more sustainable... you really don't
    comprehend the concept you are showing your ignorance by personal and belittling attacks...
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by singlesprocket View Post
    your posts reeks of bitterness and anger. your comprehension is laughable at best... i suggest you read the post again and stop being such a tard...

you live in the west coast yet you always post in the east coast forum... whats up with that?
    Bitterness? Nah I like to poke fun. You haz no humour? Perhaps I should have tossed in some winky smiles in that post about your pretty little picture of buff singletrack.

I post on the east coast forum because I like to keep up with where I grew up, where I learned to bike, and where I still have lots of friends that ride. There is no one forum that covers all of the Canadian scene, NSMB hits the west and this covers the east. I keep up with a wide spread view of the US scene via TGR.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Bitterness? Nah I like to poke fun. You haz no humour? Perhaps I should have tossed in some winky smiles in that post about your pretty little picture of buff singletrack..
    Just comes off as trying to be a bully. You're poking fun at someone at their expense. In fact I am sure most bullies have fun doing it, that's why they do it.

humber river advocate
    Bitterness? Nah I like to poke fun. You haz no humour? Perhaps I should have tossed in some winky smiles in that post about your pretty little picture of buff singletrack.
    sorry, don't buy that... you are projecting your prejudices in this post and past posts...
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

mtbr member
    sorry, don't buy that... you are projecting your prejudices in this post and past posts...
    I try to avoid getting lured by this but you do the exact same thing in threads when your nemesi post first or start the thread.

To be honest, it's getting old all around no matter what side happens to be the instigator and is giving the eastern Canada forum an awful vibe.

Are there no moderators to keep threads on track on MTBR?

humber river advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by akura View Post
    I try to avoid getting lured by this but you do the exact same thing in threads when your nemesi post first or start the thread.

To be honest, it's getting old all around no matter what side happens to be the instigator and is giving the eastern Canada forum an awful vibe.

not by a long shot, just look at who starts the attacks. this thread is a perfect example. as well as other threads. the awful vibe is a direct result of him and several others here (some of whom have been banned in the past)...

this behavoir is also carried out towards other posters (once again this thread is a perfect example), i'm just pointing it out and calling it for what it is. it is wrong and childish...

perhaps you should post something positive about this thread...

here i'll start...

here's a cool diorama a miner made of the old mine... really enjoy these folk art pieces

gold foundry

broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Is someone forcing you to read his threads? Is someone forcing you to post in threads you don't like? You do have a choice...you don't have to read or respond to it. Unless you have some compulsion you can't control, then I suggest you get some help with that, as OCD can get very serious.

The time I been on this forum I have seen SingleSprocket reacting to people being a jerk to him and have hardly seen him start anything but threads with some nice video or pics. I just see a bully mentality around here and it's not right. If you want this forum to be more friendly it starts with YOU and not thinking you can change anyone.

mtbr member
    Is someone forcing you to read his threads? Is someone forcing you to post in threads you don't like? You do have a choice...you don't have to read or respond to it. Unless you have some compulsion you can't control, then I suggest you get some help with that, as OCD can get very serious.

The time I been on this forum I have seen SingleSprocket reacting to people being a jerk to him and have hardly seen him start anything but threads with some nice video or pics. I just see a bully mentality around here and it's not right. If you want this forum to be more friendly it starts with YOU and not thinking you can change anyone.
    I typically enjoy SS's threads....that's why I click on them. My point was that I wish they, and other threads, were moderated to keep them enjoyable and free of this stuff, not an attack on him specifically.

Anyhow, I've always wanted to get up North and haven't had the chance yet. I think your pics have set the hook in me, the wife and I were talking about going up for a few days in a couple weeks.

Evil Jr.
    here's a cool diorama a miner made of the old mine... really enjoy these folk art pieces
    I totally agree. As a juvenile HO railroader (my geekiness knows no bounds), I love miniatures. I spent almost as much time staring into the model workshop at the Sagrada Familia (two full-time modelers!) as I did looking at the church itself!

Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

namagomi
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster View Post
    I totally agree. As a juvenile HO railroader (my geekiness knows no bounds), I love miniatures. I spent almost as much time staring into the model workshop at the Sagrada Familia (two full-time modelers!) as I did looking at the church itself!
    Yourself and the nerdgirl should be careful if you actually build one,.. it might become infested!

Evil Jr.
    There are (for instance, they just locked that "shipping from the EU" thread) but they tread pretty lightly.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

namagomi
    There are (for instance, they just locked that "shipping from the EU" thread) but they tread pretty lightly.
    Yes, the goal is to engage in devilish subterfuge that even Descartes could be proud of!

bi-winning
    Nice pictures.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

humber river advocate

broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

humber river advocate

http://www.crackshackormansion.com/
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

No. Just No.
    Quote Originally Posted by rkj__ View Post
    Nice pictures.
    So nice, in fact, that the search algorithm for Google images now picks up SS' first pic as one of the most active on the web for the search term "poodle path". Maybe Timmins can capitalize on the economic opportunity when hordes of poodle owners worldwide choose to book their next vacations accompanied by their pets to explore Timmins' trail network.

poodle path - Google Search

Who can now dispute that the MTBR Eastern forum is reshaping the world?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    meh. You have to pay to play. With realistic expectations we can live in North Van on very modest salaries and still afford to do everything we want. Just need to decide what is more important.

Less money on bling bikes and more on real estate. Not all bad in my books, I know our real estate will hold it's value much better than a gaggle of boutique bikes.

When it comes time to retire we'll cash out and move some place much less expensive.

humber river advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    So nice, in fact, that the search algorithm for Google images now picks up SS' first pic as one of the most active on the web for the search term "poodle path". Maybe Timmins can capitalize on the economic opportunity when hordes of poodle owners worldwide choose to book their next vacations accompanied by their pets to explore Timmins' trail network.

sweet... the amount of hits i'm getting on my pics is insane
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

mtbr member
    we need more

humber river advocate
    <iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/27385416?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0" width="580" height="435" frameborder="0"></iframe>
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

Muskoka
    Timmins must have been getting some rain this summer, those blueberries look great!! Ours are still green here, haven't even begun to ripen! Have not been to Timmins area since my teens, nice to know there's a mtbike scene and good trails up there
    https://get.google.com/albumarchive/...127?source=pwa

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"
    Rocky Mountain Sherpa Overland

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Video is looking good, trails look like there is fun to be had there!

9 lives
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCanoeDog View Post
    Timmins must have been getting some rain this summer, those blueberries look great!! Ours are still green here, haven't even begun to ripen! Have not been to Timmins area since my teens, nice to know there's a mtbike scene and good trails up there
    That must mean that folks we saw selling blueberries along Gasoline Alley must have got them from Timmins!

Timmins has a rapidly growing mountain biking scene, Apparently there are some athletes from Timmins doing well. The work being done at Kamiskotia ski resort to build a bike park is a boost to the community. Did you know that Kamiskotia's elevation is almost the same as Blue Mountain? I just found that out! The potential for downhilling will open up another aspect of biking for Northern Ontario and make it a destination,
    Last edited by cyclelicious; 08-06-2011 at 07:11 PM.

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by Circlip View Post

NICE.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    That must mean that folks we saw selling blueberries along Gasoline Alley must have got them from Timmins!

Timmins has a rapidly growing mountain biking scene, Apparently there are some athletes from Timmins doing well. The work being done at Kamiskotia ski resort to build a bike park is a boost to the community. Did you know that Kamiskotia's elevation is almost the same as Blue Mountain? I just found that out! The potential for downhilling will open up another aspect of biking for Northern Ontario and make it a destination,

What is available on the XC side?

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

9 lives
    What is available on the XC side?
    The trails are not super technical but payoff is that the network of trails is vast. The trails are interconnected so towns, and lakes are accessible. Parts of tails are on the canadian shield, and mine tailings, you can stop at a lake take a swim, go fishing, spot a moose or bear along the way.

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    The trails are not super technical but payoff is that the network of trails is vast. The trails are interconnected so towns, and lakes are accessible. Parts of tails are on the canadian shield, and mine tailings, you can stop at a lake take a swim, go fishing, spot a moose or bear along the way.
    Sounds great! Are these atv trails, fire roads, old logging rds?

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

mtbr member
    <iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/27385416?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0" width="580" height="435" frameborder="0"></iframe>
    I think we need a new rule here that videos need to go the full length of the song

humber river advocate
    Sounds great! Are these atv trails, fire roads, old logging rds?
    non motorized vehicle trails around timmins/porcupine... though there are thousands of kilometers of minning/logging/hunting/fishing trails/roads
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

Evil Jr.

I apologize in advance for going WAY off-topic here but who the heck gave me negative rep points for this post??? (To add insult to injury, the comment was "Singlesprocket is correct"... again, )

To whomever has the reading comprehension deficiency problem out there, I WAS AGREEING WITH SINGLESPROCKET! Cripes!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    lol I keep getting those "Singlesprocket is correct" neg reps also.

The mtbr rep system is a joke because it does not tell you who the rep is from, on NSMB it tells you who repped or neg repped you.

humber river advocate
    lol I keep getting those "Singlesprocket is correct" neg reps also.

The mtbr rep system is a joke because it does not tell you who the rep is from, on NSMB it tells you who repped or neg repped you.
    lol i got a fan club!
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

9 lives
    lol i got a fan club!
    lol singlesprocket is correct

Evil Jr.
    lol i got a fan club!
    It was in a bunch of the tags too before those got canned.