supporting the local economy- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: trailtrash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,232

    supporting the local economy

    3 stage
    Attachment 618320
    supporting the local economy-img_2184.jpg
    supporting the local economy-img_2189.jpg
    Attachment 618321
    Attachment 618322
    supporting the local economy-img_2179.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails supporting the local economy-img_2169.jpg  

    supporting the local economy-img_2173.jpg  

    supporting the local economy-img_2174.jpg  

    Last edited by trailtrash; 06-06-2011 at 07:16 PM.

  2. #2
    9 lives
    Reputation: cyclelicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    14,088
    good turnout of local riders! Great pics.

    Our last ride at 3Stages was in the beginning of May and there was still snow in sections. Hope the bugs weren't too fierce.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,830
    Recognize two of those Westy's. Looks like Bernie finally paint his van.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: trailtrash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,232
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    good turnout of local riders! Great pics.

    Our last ride at 3Stages was in the beginning of May and there was still snow in sections. Hope the bugs weren't too fierce.
    bugs were'nt bad.
    but lots of thick mud on the climb up.
    had to do a lot of hiking up the escarpment.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,314
    Collingwood area?

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tyh83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    342
    was a little slick of a climb up, but the top and downhill are always sooo much fun!!! and the pre ride lemonade was refreshing!

    oh and yes collingwood area.
    Last edited by tyh83; 06-07-2011 at 08:23 AM.

  7. #7
    Muskoka
    Reputation: BlackCanoeDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3,436
    Looks good! Love seeing some old Westies still around!!
    https://get.google.com/albumarchive/...127?source=pwa

    RSD Bikes "The Mayor"
    Rocky Mountain Sherpa Overland

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,830
    Quote Originally Posted by machine4321 View Post
    Collingwood area?
    http://www.ontarioparks.com/english/pret.html

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: trailtrash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,232
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCanoeDog View Post
    Looks good! Love seeing some old Westies still around!!
    yup, know of six people with them now, unfortunately I'm not one of them yet.
    hopefully within a couple of years I'll be there then the road trips will be great.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,830
    Quote Originally Posted by trailtrash View Post
    yup, know of six people with them now, unfortunately I'm not one of them yet.
    hopefully within a couple of years I'll be there then the road trips will be great.
    Westy's spread like wildfire in that group after Johnny got his.

    Johnny's 72
    Jeff's 82
    Bernie's 72
    Jen & Jamie's 90 something
    Dave's (burned in a fire this spring)
    Ken's (rip - not sure he ever got his restoration finished)

    That ride rocks when you start on Notty sdr 27 and ride it all the way into Collingwood. Just don't forget your keys back in Collingwood when you get a lift back out to your car. Only made that mistake once. Easily one of my favourite rides in Ontario.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: trailtrash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,232
    Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    Westy's spread like wildfire in that group after Johnny got his.

    Johnny's 72
    Jeff's 82
    Bernie's 72
    Jen & Jamie's 90 something
    Dave's (burned in a fire this spring)
    Ken's (rip - not sure he ever got his restoration finished)

    That ride rocks when you start on Notty sdr 27 and ride it all the way into Collingwood. Just don't forget your keys back in Collingwood when you get a lift back out to your car. Only made that mistake once. Easily one of my favourite rides in Ontario.
    the black one in the pic was Kens.
    its slowly being restored.
    and Daves got another one from new mexico thats going to need some work.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,830
    Quote Originally Posted by trailtrash View Post
    the black one in the pic was Kens.
    its slowly being restored.
    and Daves got another one from new mexico thats going to need some work.
    Good to see Ken's in the hands of a rider and still within the group.

    Hopefully be the late fall I'll have a late 80's Vanagon Westy money pit to call my own. Might have to invoke the chainsaw clause to get my half off the speakers out of Jeff's.

  13. #13
    Muskoka
    Reputation: BlackCanoeDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3,436
    Quote Originally Posted by trailtrash View Post
    the black one in the pic was Kens.
    its slowly being restored.
    and Daves got another one from new mexico thats going to need some work.
    Ian Dawes of Ecclestone Cycle in Bracebridge has one that appears to be mint, he had it repainted a year or two ago.
    I will admit that I was around and already driving when these were so popular during the hippy sixties/early seventies summers of love!
    https://get.google.com/albumarchive/...127?source=pwa

    RSD Bikes "The Mayor"
    Rocky Mountain Sherpa Overland

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,314
    thanks for the link. I live and work in the grey/bruce area. New in the sport and trying to get as many locations as i can. thanks

Similar Threads

  1. Supporting the U.S.economy with American made bikes/purchases
    By bwheelin in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 125
    Last Post: 06-01-2009, 08:25 AM
  2. LBS not Supporting CDale
    By tracyclifton in forum Cannondale
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-02-2008, 02:10 PM
  3. Support your local economy with Beer!
    By jawndoe in forum Beer Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-23-2008, 06:25 PM
  4. Supergo stops supporting local clubs!!!!!!
    By Big_Guy in forum California - Socal
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-21-2005, 02:07 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.