• 06-06-2011
    trailtrash
    6 Attachment(s)
    supporting the local economy
  • 06-06-2011
    cyclelicious
    good turnout of local riders! Great pics.

    Our last ride at 3Stages was in the beginning of May and there was still snow in sections. Hope the bugs weren't too fierce.
  • 06-06-2011
    shirk
    Recognize two of those Westy's. Looks like Bernie finally paint his van.
  • 06-07-2011
    trailtrash
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    good turnout of local riders! Great pics.

    Our last ride at 3Stages was in the beginning of May and there was still snow in sections. Hope the bugs weren't too fierce.

    bugs were'nt bad.
    but lots of thick mud on the climb up.
    had to do a lot of hiking up the escarpment.
  • 06-07-2011
    machine4321
    Collingwood area?
  • 06-07-2011
    tyh83
    was a little slick of a climb up, but the top and downhill are always sooo much fun!!! and the pre ride lemonade was refreshing!

    oh and yes collingwood area.
  • 06-07-2011
    BlackCanoeDog
    Looks good! Love seeing some old Westies still around!! :)
  • 06-07-2011
    shirk
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by machine4321 View Post
    Collingwood area?

    http://www.ontarioparks.com/english/pret.html
  • 06-07-2011
    trailtrash
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by BlackCanoeDog View Post
    Looks good! Love seeing some old Westies still around!! :)

    yup, know of six people with them now, unfortunately I'm not one of them yet.
    hopefully within a couple of years I'll be there then the road trips will be great.
  • 06-07-2011
    shirk
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by trailtrash View Post
    yup, know of six people with them now, unfortunately I'm not one of them yet.
    hopefully within a couple of years I'll be there then the road trips will be great.

    Westy's spread like wildfire in that group after Johnny got his.

    Johnny's 72
    Jeff's 82
    Bernie's 72
    Jen & Jamie's 90 something
    Dave's (burned in a fire this spring)
    Ken's (rip - not sure he ever got his restoration finished)

    That ride rocks when you start on Notty sdr 27 and ride it all the way into Collingwood. Just don't forget your keys back in Collingwood when you get a lift back out to your car. Only made that mistake once. Easily one of my favourite rides in Ontario.
  • 06-07-2011
    trailtrash
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    Westy's spread like wildfire in that group after Johnny got his.

    Johnny's 72
    Jeff's 82
    Bernie's 72
    Jen & Jamie's 90 something
    Dave's (burned in a fire this spring)
    Ken's (rip - not sure he ever got his restoration finished)

    That ride rocks when you start on Notty sdr 27 and ride it all the way into Collingwood. Just don't forget your keys back in Collingwood when you get a lift back out to your car. Only made that mistake once. Easily one of my favourite rides in Ontario.

    the black one in the pic was Kens.
    its slowly being restored.
    and Daves got another one from new mexico thats going to need some work.
  • 06-07-2011
    shirk
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by trailtrash View Post
    the black one in the pic was Kens.
    its slowly being restored.
    and Daves got another one from new mexico thats going to need some work.

    Good to see Ken's in the hands of a rider and still within the group.

    Hopefully be the late fall I'll have a late 80's Vanagon Westy money pit to call my own. Might have to invoke the chainsaw clause to get my half off the speakers out of Jeff's.
  • 06-07-2011
    BlackCanoeDog
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by trailtrash View Post
    the black one in the pic was Kens.
    its slowly being restored.
    and Daves got another one from new mexico thats going to need some work.

    Ian Dawes of Ecclestone Cycle in Bracebridge has one that appears to be mint, he had it repainted a year or two ago.
    I will admit that I was around and already driving when these were so popular during the hippy sixties/early seventies summers of love! :D
  • 06-09-2011
    machine4321
    thanks for the link. I live and work in the grey/bruce area. New in the sport and trying to get as many locations as i can. thanks