Summer 8hr at Hardwood- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    253

    Summer 8hr at Hardwood

    Who's in? Anyone pre-ride the course?

  2. #2
    Economy Stimulator
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    351

    ...not me

    Would love to be racing the 8 at hardwood but am sadly falling victim to summer wedding season ...but who am i to complain about that ...my wedding is this summer

  3. #3
    Misfit Psycles
    Reputation: nogearshere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,772
    sure. pairs...no preride, just gonna wing it.
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mtbmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,590

    Yep, no pre-ride though

    Quote Originally Posted by north_of_us
    Who's in? Anyone pre-ride the course?
    I am in for sure. Four person team. Haven't preridden it. Last year's course was a lot of the serious and fun singletrack. Fast stuff. A fun course usually and great day...

  5. #5
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,100

    prerode it yesterday...

    Quote Originally Posted by north_of_us
    Who's in? Anyone pre-ride the course?
    10 kms long, lots of double track at the beginning but it is most all singletrack after that (with short doubletrack connections)...

    it is FAST - lots of sand and some hair corners at high speed with sand where you dont want it... they put protection on 2 trees on the outside of the turn on the finishing double track descent... there is sandy patch right in the middle of the fast lane - watch out... you will be going 40+ here...

    not much climbing - except for 2 anaerobic climbs..

    it is a combination of serious and fun trails...

    times will be in around 25-26 minutes for skinny freaks, around 30 minutes for those of us in great shape, mid 30s for the rest of the field...

  6. #6
    Misfit Psycles
    Reputation: nogearshere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,772
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    times will be in around 25-26 minutes for skinny freaks, around 30 minutes for those of us in great shape, mid 30s for the rest of the field...
    wonder if that will stick. isnt the general target about 10 minutes slower for an 8hr? and hardwood without an extra dose of climbs??? whatever am i going to do? learn to ride single track? i say hell no!

    dear hardwood please add more climbs of the uphill variety, in fact please remove all downhills and replace with uphills...long and slow not short and steep...hello? is this thing on???
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

  7. #7
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,100

    if what will stick???

    Quote Originally Posted by nogearshere
    wonder if that will stick. isnt the general target about 10 minutes slower for an 8hr? and hardwood without an extra dose of climbs??? whatever am i going to do? learn to ride single track? i say hell no!

    dear hardwood please add more climbs of the uphill variety, in fact please remove all downhills and replace with uphills...long and slow not short and steep...hello? is this thing on???
    i did 2 laps at 32 mins, wasnt really pushing... i am hoping for 30min laps... i pre-rode the REAL course for the race, they have it marked already... you will get your dose of "climbing" on the opening double track as it is 1km+ of slow and easy climbing, but if you pick up your pace, you can make it a heart pumping experience... wooden chips on the surface dont really speed you up either... so there is a little bit of something for everyone...

  8. #8
    Misfit Psycles
    Reputation: nogearshere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,772
    i was wondering if the distance and target lap tymes will stick. granted chico is not setting the course, but usually there are adjustments to the course to keep lap tymes around a standard...and 30 minutes sounds fast...s'all...

    mind you there will be some of them thar evil average citizens slowing you down...you are a marked man...i put your photo up in the newbie forum...

    "see son, fishings simple. bait the hook, throw it out and wait..."
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

  9. #9
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,100

    average citizens...

    Quote Originally Posted by nogearshere
    i was wondering if the distance and target lap tymes will stick. granted chico is not setting the course, but usually there are adjustments to the course to keep lap tymes around a standard...and 30 minutes sounds fast...s'all...
    last three 8 hrs events that i participated in (for Luke at Albion, for Luke in Durham region, and epic at Mansfield) all had lap times in 30 min general area (good times)...


    mind you there will be some of them thar evil average citizens slowing you down...
    Wait a minute, Arek didn't say he was coming, did he?


    you are a marked man...i put your photo up in the newbie forum...
    ahhh... that is why all these chicks are emailng me now... figures...


  10. #10
    Misfit Psycles
    Reputation: nogearshere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,772
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    last three 8 hrs events that i participated in (for Luke at Albion, for Luke in Durham region, and epic at Mansfield) all had lap times in 30 min general area (good times)...
    osopoko - i am so fast, i am so fast...


    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    Wait a minute, Arek didn't say he was coming, did he?
    i hope so, he's a good fella. plus we can finish with jello wrastlin.



    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    ahhh... that is why all these chicks are emailng me now... figures...

    actually i must confess, i had misfit business cards done up with your info...daddy???
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mtbmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,590

    ... and if we just ... Thanks for the snicker...

    Quote Originally Posted by nogearshere
    osopoko - i am so fast, i am so fast...



    i hope so, he's a good fella. plus we can finish with jello wrastlin.




    actually i must confess, i had misfit business cards done up with your info...daddy???
    Thanks for interrupting my afternoon with a good laugh. I am not being sarcastic...But you were and it is quite humourous. I hope Oggie finds that too...

    Neil

  12. #12
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,100
    Quote Originally Posted by nogearshere
    osopoko - i am so fast, i am so fast...
    wasn't talking about me... i am just a middle aged biker whose mind is constantly issuing cheques that my body can not cash...



    i hope so, he's a good fella. plus we can finish with jello wrastlin.
    i'll leave it to you two to sort it out... dont like jello...



    actually i must confess, i had misfit business cards done up with your info...daddy???
    well, now i am famous, am i not? maybe i can score a ride with geoarcheologist now...


  13. #13
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,100

    oh yeah...

    Quote Originally Posted by mtbmeister
    Thanks for interrupting my afternoon with a good laugh. I am not being sarcastic...But you were and it is quite humourous. I hope Oggie finds that too...

    Neil
    how can i get mad at this moth#@!#ing son of a #!$#?

    besides, i cant afford to get him to help Arek and beat me up as a team...

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mtbmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,590

    Which moth#@!#ing son of a #!$#?

    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    how can i get mad at this moth#@!#ing son of a #!$#?

    besides, i cant afford to get him to help Arek and beat me up as a team...
    Who do you refer?

  15. #15
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,100

    nobrainshere...

    Quote Originally Posted by mtbmeister
    Who do you refer?
    i mean, nogearshere...


  16. #16
    Misfit Psycles
    Reputation: nogearshere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,772
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    i mean, nogearshere...

    i heard tell that you were in attendance again this eve...whats up with that? you anti-social tosser...c'mon, i am totally at a disadvantage...i know not who you are...right i had not tent today but seriously...i am practically a celebrity in my own mind with beer in hand, anti-social...i gots to be quazi easy to pick out.
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

  17. #17
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,100

    well...

    Quote Originally Posted by nogearshere
    i heard tell that you were in attendance again this eve...whats up with that? you anti-social tosser...c'mon, i am totally at a disadvantage...i know not who you are...right i had not tent today but seriously...i am practically a celebrity in my own mind with beer in hand, anti-social...i gots to be quazi easy to pick out.
    i ride only one black Ellsworth Truth (usually) on Tuesdays...

    i always have the same YELLOW / BLACK jersey / shorts

    at 205# i dont blend into the crowd

    lets see what makes you different from about 100 potential candidates...

    i saw few misfit psycles out there today

    you are probably skinny and have shaved legs

    you are shy and hide in the shade...

    how the hell am i supposed to find you????? do i start socializing with every freak on rigid singlespeed?

    please do tell....


  18. #18
    Misfit Psycles
    Reputation: nogearshere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,772
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    lets see what makes you different from about 100 potential candidates...
    i saw few misfit psycles out there today

    you are probably skinny and have shaved legs

    you are shy and hide in the shade...

    how the hell am i supposed to find you????? do i start socializing with every freak on rigid singlespeed?
    3 mp's all in a pile...the same pile. usually under my mp tent, today at the trunk of my car (because the tent was just too heavy).
    i am 215+/- baggy shorts, shaved balding head. yes, shaving ends there - it is a proven fact that leg hair adds rigidity and strength to cycling legs...tour riders got it all wrong.

    shy...ehhh...loud obnoxious and asked by chico to keep my distance from the mic in order to maintain sponsorship...ya.

    tent next week.
    you where that pink ribbon in yer hair, I'll find you!
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

  19. #19
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,100

    pink ribbon?

    Quote Originally Posted by nogearshere
    you where that pink ribbon in yer hair, I'll find you!
    no, not me, that was my boyfriend wearing it... stay away - i am very possessive...

    i will find YOU next Tuesday... better have one bud for me in your trunk...

  20. #20
    Misfit Psycles
    Reputation: nogearshere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,772
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    better have one bud for me in your trunk...
    you like naskar...na nah.
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

  21. #21
    Custom User Title
    Reputation: Bill Payer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    241

    finally...

    sounds like the courtship is over and they finally have a date

    "an inch an hour...two feet per day..."

  22. #22

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    77
    I heard that.

  23. #23
    Custom User Title
    Reputation: Bill Payer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by geoarchaeologist
    I heard that.
    not sure if that eyeroll was for me or not... but I meant nogears and oso
    "an inch an hour...two feet per day..."

  24. #24

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    77
    ha ha no no, it was for Oso's comment

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.