Substance Projects Sausage Suit ITT / TVG Kampout - 2015- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Substance Projects Sausage Suit ITT / TVG Kampout - 2015

It is back again, Substance Projects Sausage Suit ITT, and the Team Van Go Kampout.

Date: July 18th, 2015

That's correct, back by popular demand, Team Van Go will be hosting the camping again, after the race. Bring your BBQ, pitch your tent (or trailer, or Van!) , have dinner then enjoy the evening around a campfire. Sing some songs, enjoy trail stories and meet some new people!

We have use of a large grassy area with plenty of room to camp for the evening after the race. And it's free with your entry fee! Portapotties from the race will be on site still, so no worries there.

Registration is now open:

How Much will it cost?

Name:  SausageRider-266x300.png
Views: 300
Size:  45.6 KB

The premise of the SSITT is an individual start with 30 seconds between each rider....no mass start, no crowds! This also means lots 'o single track, not so much double track. Options for the Bike are 15km or 30km (approx.). Also there is the 15km trail run option as well!!!

The course will be a single lap (15km) or two laps (30km) of the single track exclusively in Dufferin Forest.

Did you do the race last year???? Well the course is going to be the same, so compare you lap times from last year.... Try and beat yourself!!!

Remember the key to this is have fun and above all, have a lot of fun. (and enjoy a beer afterwards)

Please no drinking and driving.

For more info and updates as they happen go to

Sausage Suit ITT

If you have questions pertaining to the camp out, please contact me through the CONTACT tab at

Team Van Go

Hope to see you out there!
    Team Van Go
    Santa Cruz Heckler
    Rocky Mountain Element 70
    Salsa Mukluk - Fat Bike!
    http://www.teamvango.ca

mtbr member
    Less than a week away, and the current forecast shows an absolutely beautiful day.
    The gorilla is ready to go again, and we have the sausages set up to wave folks into the parking lot!
    Team Van Go
    Santa Cruz Heckler
    Salsa Mukluk - Fat Bike!

mtbr member
    Just a quick heads up for the sausage suit tt. The cross country event for the Pan am games also is on the same day. Expect traffic delays on #10, #89, and airport rd. The event holds 3 thousand people and is sold out. Mono Center rd will also be closed between airport rd and the 5th line. So the people coming north on Airport have to go up to 89, west on 89 to #10, south on !0 to Mono Center rd and then east to the parking lot on the 4th line.
    Friends don't let friends cheer for the TML

mtbr member
    Thanks for the heads up!
    Team Van Go
    Santa Cruz Heckler
    Salsa Mukluk - Fat Bike!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dgage View Post
    Just a quick heads up for the sausage suit tt. The cross country event for the Pan am games also is on the same day. Expect traffic delays on #10, #89, and airport rd. The event holds 3 thousand people and is sold out. Mono Center rd will also be closed between airport rd and the 5th line. So the people coming north on Airport have to go up to 89, west on 89 to #10, south on !0 to Mono Center rd and then east to the parking lot on the 4th line.
    Thanks for your info, but the directions you just gave are to Mono Cliffs. The race is in the Dufferin Forest, just up the hill from Mansfield.

mtbr member
    Thanks for posting the clarification of location! There is a map on the Substance Projects website.

The weather looks perfect...Don't let the rain on Friday deter you. If we get the rain it will only make things better for Saturday as the trails in Dufferin are great after a good rain.

Hope everyone has a great ride!
    S.C. Heckler
    S.C. Blur xc
    Surly Necromancer
    team van go

●●●●●●●●◌◌
    Rode the course, or at least what we think the course is today - conditions and temperature were great. We got lost quite a bit, but had a good outing.

Should be a great event!

mtbr member
    are you racing Dgage?
    i'll be with the monkey passing out beer for anyone needing it as I can't race due to a bit of an injury
    Team Van Go

the older I get the better I was

mtbr member
    Hope everyone had a good time at the 3rd annual SSITT TVG Kampout 2015! Sorry I missed this one, previous obligations….
    I was out for a run on Monday and found a seat bag with some goodies in it on the race course (to bad the Gorilla didn't "lose" a beer!). If anyone knows who lost it, please contact me through the "CONTACT" tab on the TeamVanGo website (teamvango.ca).
    Thanks to Dan at Substance Projects for putting this event on. I hope we can convince Dan to keep this one running!
    See everyone out there, Johnny
    S.C. Heckler
    S.C. Blur xc
    Surly Necromancer
    team van go