sticky for NB NS NFLD AND PEI- Mtbr.com

Aug 2005

sticky for NB NS NFLD AND PEI

this forum is a little ontario heavy, not that that is a bad thing. It is just hard to get heard by other people from your area. If we had some stickies for each of the little provinces or just one for the maritimes it would help us out is getting in contact with riders from our area and in getting our discussions heard by the people we want to address. does anyone know who is the admin for this forum?

rad to the power of sick
    No moderator, we're a well behaved group

PM one of the upper ranked mods and Im sure they can sticky. OR better yet you could g et your own forum.
    Some great sets for the trainer:
    https://www.mixcloud.com/djfeelgood/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by walrasian
    this forum is a little ontario heavy, not that that is a bad thing. It is just hard to get heard by other people from your area. If we had some stickies for each of the little provinces or just one for the maritimes it would help us out is getting in contact with riders from our area and in getting our discussions heard by the people we want to address. does anyone know who is the admin for this forum?
    There is no "official" moderator here, BUT CraigH helps out here and there. Good man, that Craig. Give him a shout. I'm not sure you'll get what you're after, but it's worth a try, right?

Why not just move out here? j/k!!!!!
    I ..... need ..... DIRT!!!!!

... and cookies. :D

mtbr member
    You guys need to get into contact with the MTBR Ultra Lord “Francois”. He is usually lurking around on the California - NorCal board. I already mentioned to him that Eastern Canada is a very big place that is probably not served well by a single forum. He is eagerly awaiting feedback about the Canada boards. I am sure he would be more than willing to create separate forums for all the provinces (or at least the Maritimes) if you can convince him there are enough interest!

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb_Canuck
    if you can convince him there are enough interest!
    Personally, i am not convinced ther is enough interest right now. It seems rare that threads regarding the maratimes are posted. And when they are, they often get no response at all.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rkj__
    Personally, i am not convinced ther is enough interest right now. It seems rare that threads regarding the maratimes are posted. And when they are, they often get no response at all.
    This appears to be true.... Too bad, because there's tons of primo singletrack with very few people on it out here as well as spectacular scenery and friendly folks.

I'm out on the Rock BTW....

I already rode that
    There was a time when we werent all lumped together. Dunno why they did that to us though, but I guess some ppl think Canada is smaller then it looks.
    Riding F/S since oct 94'

Apr 2004
    Eastern Canada aint that big. I am just about as close to Ontario as you can get in the Maritimes and it's only a 10 hour drive or so to the Ontario border.

Don't lurk here much since it seems that the threads for this area are lost in a sea of Ontario threads.

Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTO
    There is no "official" moderator here, BUT CraigH helps out here and there. Good man, that Craig. Give him a shout. I'm not sure you'll get what you're after, but it's worth a try, right?

Why not just move out here? j/k!!!!!

i already ride the kingston area about two to four weeks a year but i live in the east......our trails are rougher....and have more climbing...i would aDD A smiley here but i am not sure how to add em and I don't like trying new things....

Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rkj__
    it is hard to see the threads because you have to scroll through two pages of ontario threads in order to see something posted in the last day. these are not chat rooms they are newgroups which are much slower.

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by walrasian
    it is hard to see the threads because you have to scroll through two pages of ontario threads in order to see something posted in the last day. these are not chat rooms they are newgroups which are much slower.
    Perhaps if a seperate section was created, more would use it. It would make relevant info much easier to find, and perhaps word would spread, and new users would take advantage. Like i said, i don't see the demand right now, but if such a section was created, i am sure it would bring a few people out of the shaddows.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Apr 2004

Just keep posting, posting , posting

If we all keep posting this thread will stay on top...

BTW; The trails on Golf street in Bathurst NB are in great shape right now...Fun!

Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bricklin69
    If we all keep posting this thread will stay on top...

BTW; The trails on Golf street in Bathurst NB are in great shape right now...Fun!
    hey you should add your trails to the trail review section, there is only 7 trails listed under NB
    then when people see your directions and recommend route they can go try out your trails and then add reviews etc etc.

Members who have read this thread: 0