so where was everyone

Printable View

  • 07-04-2006
    osokolo
    so where was everyone
    at the Tuesday's race at Albion tonight????

    i saw few misfit psycles, but wasn't asking for names... anyone? anyone?

    the course was all "across the road" - pretty punishing...

    i didnt run anyone over... really...

    :p :p :p
  • 07-04-2006
    AndrewTO
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by osokolo
    at the Tuesday's race at Albion tonight????

    i saw few misfit psycles, but wasn't asking for names... anyone? anyone?

    the course was all "across the road" - pretty punishing...

    i didnt run anyone over... really...

    :p :p :p

    Awww, you mean you missed me?

    Naaaw, couldn't be! You don't like speedbumps THAT much.:p :D Hmmmm, you probably do. :eekster:


    I was sitting here eating, relaxing, reading and staring at a pair of gorgeous Titus'. :D Thanks for asking.

    How did you "do" tonight? (<~ or maybe i'm supposed to ask "How did you Dew tonight?" what with that strange thread in the AM section :out: )

    Honestly, I haven't been very inspired to do the weekly/O-Cup stuff since the 24H. Don't know why. :skep:
  • 07-04-2006
    osokolo
    pair of gorgeous Tit's?
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by AndrewTO
    Awww, you mean you missed me?

    Naaaw, couldn't be! You don't like speedbumps THAT much.:p :D Hmmmm, you probably do. :eekster:


    I was sitting here eating, relaxing, reading and staring at a pair of gorgeous Titus'. :D Thanks for asking.

    How did you "do" tonight? (<~ or maybe i'm supposed to ask "How did you Dew tonight?" what with that strange thread in the AM section :out: )

    Honestly, I haven't been very inspired to do the weekly/O-Cup stuff since the 24H. Don't know why. :skep:

    lucky man...

    the field was smaller than usually - surprise for perfect conditions on the trail... the race was relaxed as always... i start by sucking the wheel of my "Tuesday racing buddy Tony" whom i havent beaten on Tuesdays yet... this time i warmed up so i was feeling good and on the first climb i go by him, thinking it is time to put some distance between us... this is happening "across the road" in that weird section, just at the beginning of the singletrack... i had semi-slicks at 50 pounds - had to take corners with caution, but was flying on flats and doubletrack...

    so i am pulling on Tony thinking "hehe, today is my day buddy" and with my heartbeat at 170 and working in anaerobic zone, i hit one turn too hot, neglect some polished roots and whoooooop-la - down i go in the dirt... i got up quickly trying to re-mount, but it is up the hill here, i dont clip in and whoooooop-la, here i go down in the dirt again...

    by now Tony caught up to me, together with about 10 other riders and i patiently wait for all of them to pass - some of tham saying "thanks for letting us go buddy"... hehe... i just smile stupidly and clean up my jersey...

    long story short, got stuck behind some slower riders :eekster: :eekster: :eekster: but heeding your polite words, i just patiently wait for the double track which is pretty far from here to pass most of them... long story short, Tony beats me AGAIN by 30 seconds...

    but all in good fun...

    you all should come out next Tuesday... seriously...
  • 07-04-2006
    AndrewTO
    Hey, next time! Sounds like you had a good time regardless.

    So, you want I should fix up your "buddy" Tony? .....

    Tony, after the race - here I was, riding along and this tree jumped out onto the trail, grabbed me off my bike and threw me to the ground. When I got up the tree was GONE! :eekster:

    :p :D

    The tree could also be a root that grabs a wheel, but, well, uuuhhhhmmm, I don't wanna get run over any more. :(

    Oh, don't heed MY polite words - kick his acking fuss next time!!!!! :thumbsup: Don't you make me come out there and hold your hand to do it! :eekster: :nono: (how's THAT for imagination?!?!)
  • 07-04-2006
    nogearshere
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by osokolo
    at the Tuesday's race at Albion tonight????

    i saw few misfit psycles, but wasn't asking for names... anyone? anyone?

    how did you notice the mp's with THE jones there...sonnamabiatche i touched it, then rode it...so thats what a 3yr wait list feels like...eh, mines better.

    across the road is sweeteness, pure single...lotsa hills to pass and tonnes of tight single to keep the elbows out, sorry okie, you may not pass...finished tonight totally blown and surrounded by a buncha too tight pants and wax burns...so musta done well.
  • 07-04-2006
    nogearshere
    1 Attachment(s)
    almost forgot...gave out some more ossosorry cards today...
    mary was nice, she'll be calling you....nnnooooo, natural IS IN...
  • 07-04-2006
    Arek
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by nogearshere
    almost forgot...gave out some more ossosorry cards today...
    mary was nice, she'll be calling you....nnnooooo, natural IS IN...

    :thumbsup: Good call Peter, I think they'd be a good match! Although, she's not as athletic, certainly she doesn't look like she'd been pumping iron for 20 years. I'd say 14 max.

    :D
  • 07-04-2006
    AndrewTO
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by nogearshere
    almost forgot...gave out some more ossosorry cards today...
    mary was nice, she'll be calling you....nnnooooo, natural IS IN...

    Aaaahhh, so THAT'S how you came up with your product line-up name. :p :D :thumbsup:
  • 07-05-2006
    nogearshere
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Arek
    :thumbsup: Good call Peter, I think they'd be a good match! Although, she's not as athletic, certainly she doesn't look like she'd been pumping iron for 20 years. I'd say 14 max.

    :D

    arek.
    you are back on probation.

    if this continues i will arrange to have the two of you called out on a tuesday and forced to lead the starting group...
  • 07-05-2006
    Arek
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by nogearshere
    arek.
    you are back on probation.

    :) Sorry, couldn't help myself there... Still, I'm not the troll here - just see how many times my name comes up in a few recent threads...
  • 07-05-2006
    osokolo
    Arek leading the starting group????
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by nogearshere
    arek.
    you are back on probation.

    if this continues i will arrange to have the two of you called out on a tuesday and forced to lead the starting group...


    bwahahahaha.....

    actually, if he uses his elbows and if he beats up everyone who tries to pass him - like he said he would, maybe that is not so impossible...

    hmmm... looks like there is a good reason for 3 yrs waiting period for your machines...

    still waiting for mary's call... what is going on? she busy shaving? did Arek steal her from me already?
  • 07-05-2006
    nogearshere
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by osokolo
    bwahahahaha.....

    actually, if he uses his elbows and if he beats up everyone who tries to pass him - like he said he would, maybe that is not so impossible...

    hmmm... looks like there is a good reason for 3 yrs waiting period for your machines...

    still waiting for mary's call... what is going on? she busy shaving? did Arek steal her from me already?

    u2z*****ez, you are ruining another perfectly good thread about nothing....
    let me get my spoon and here goes...whos - who???
    SMACK
  • 07-05-2006
    Johnny Hair Boy
    Idea
    Someone has to come up with a way for these 2 guys to settle their differeces. Maybe a beer chugging contest or who can stand on their head the longest? I don't care what it is but it has to be safe and non violent. Whe could all bet on the out come and make some money off this. I volenteer to reff the contest what ever it may bee.
  • 07-05-2006
    nogearshere
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Johnny Hair Boy
    Someone has to come up with a way for these 2 guys to settle their differeces. Maybe a beer chugging contest or who can stand on their head the longest? I don't care what it is but it has to be safe and non violent. Whe could all bet on the out come and make some money off this. I volenteer to reff the contest what ever it may bee.

    i threw in my penny. and next tuesday i am going to ask sean to pull them up to the front and let them go 30sec in advance of the pack...when really all the plan is to have someone waiting at the top of the first climb with a bucket of ice water (to the face) followed by a smack on the head with the 'growthefup' stick.

    christ, its starting to smell like the 29er forum in here.
  • 07-05-2006
    Arek
    Hey, hey! Hold up a sec....
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by nogearshere
    i threw in my penny. and next tuesday i am going to ask sean to pull them up to the front and let them go 30sec in advance of the pack...when really all the plan is to have someone waiting at the top of the first climb with a bucket of ice water (to the face) followed by a smack on the head with the 'growthefup' stick.

    christ, its starting to smell like the 29er forum in here.

    I have no problem with beer chugging (will someone drive me home afterwards?:D ), but again, a little remark - why does this come up when I decide to post once in a blue moon while I'm being called out unprovoked 3 times a day??...
    You don't have a problem with ME here.
  • 07-05-2006
    nogearshere
    ok the ball is rolling...email sent...awaiting the reply...
    Quote:

    Sean;

    We have a coupla monkies going at each others throat…”my balls are bigger, no mine are”…anyway they both attend the Tuesday series regularly. Before it comes to an ugly head, the collective (we the people) have decided to encourage it further, but at least garner some laughs from it.

    I would like to have them called up to the front so they can go mano-a-mano 30 seconds in advance of the main pack. That way if they resort to blows or blowing…we will be on them in short order to break it up – before anyone gets hurt or pregnant.

    Now I know you don’t like to get involved (you’re a lover not a fighter), but I gots to tell you it is actually all your fault…if you didn’t run 24hr events they wouldn’t have ridden solstice, if you didn’t foster the growth of the sport they wouldn’t have bikes and without mtb’s the internet wouldn’t exist for them to fame on…so you see, you need to fix this.

    If you don’t like the race off then lets throw other ideas around. We could line them both up and each paid rider could slap them, first to swing back or cry loses…raw hotdog eating contest…goose poo crawl…


    Peter.
  • 07-05-2006
    osokolo
    hehe...
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Arek
    I have no problem with beer chugging (will someone drive me home afterwards?:D ), but again, a little remark - why does this come up when I decide to post once in a blue moon while I'm being called out unprovoked 3 times a day??...
    You don't have a problem with ME here.

    well, i am not going to be all defensive as Arek is, and cry - hey it's not me, it's HIM... HE is the devil, i am momma's boy...

    it is a freaking internet forum.... you are taking it way too seriously...

    i am just having fun with those that have similar interests... it may look like this or that, but remember, it is all only fun...

    now you can relax Arek... you sound too wound up....

    hairry boy, save your money... buy yourself a nice ice cream with it...
  • 07-05-2006
    osokolo
    ohh, that was funny...
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by nogearshere
    ok the ball is rolling...email sent...awaiting the reply...


    well not really but oh well...

    i'll start ahead of the crowd ONLY if you start with me on your ugly as shyte bike.... i dont care if Arek joins in...
  • 07-05-2006
    nogearshere
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by osokolo
    well not really but oh well...

    i'll start ahead of the crowd ONLY if you start with me on your ugly as shyte bike.... i dont care if Arek joins in...

    deal.
    i will work with sean to make sure the course is 'proper' this tuesday's woulda been fine...
  • 07-05-2006
    osokolo
    well...
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by nogearshere
    deal.
    i will work with sean to make sure the course is 'proper' this tuesday's woulda been fine...

    for me it doesnt get much worse than what it was yesterday... but you are not the lightest biatch out there, so i won't complain... you are lucky that i sold my hard tail... i'll have to humiliate you on my squishy...

    :p :p :p :p
  • 07-05-2006
    osokolo
    hey baldy
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by nogearshere
    deal.
    i will work with sean to make sure the course is 'proper' this tuesday's woulda been fine...

    what was your time yesterday?

    need to decide if i need EPO or regular steroids and blood doping will sufice...

    by the way - what is the "proper" course for you? going up and down the green monster?
  • 07-05-2006
    nogearshere
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by osokolo
    what was your time yesterday?

    need to decide if i need EPO or regular steroids and blood doping will sufice...

    by the way - what is the "proper" course for you? going up and down the green monster?

    proper course would be up, then up, up some more and never ever down...then tight arse (nopass singletrack). last night. if it goes flat at all, its over.

    wait a minute how'd this become a race between you and i??? my tyme, dont know...never looked at the clock...ne'er claimed to be fast, or even care (easy to do when you never break the tape)...wtf am i defending somebodies honour or something???

    what size frame you want me to bring you?
  • 07-05-2006
    osokolo
    yeah, arek is no fun...
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by nogearshere
    proper course would be up, then up, up some more and never ever down...then tight arse (nopass singletrack). last night. if it goes flat at all, its over.

    wait a minute how'd this become a race between you and i??? my tyme, dont know...never looked at the clock...ne'er claimed to be fast, or even care (easy to do when you never break the tape)...wtf am i defending somebodies honour or something???

    what size frame you want me to bring you?

    he wants to use his fists or elbows... that aint fun... too aggressive...

    so you will have to defend his honour in civilized way...

    wtf frame size? who said i wanted to ride singlespeed???? i could be crazy, but i am not insane... still...

    but i see what you are taking about... gotta be same conditions... if i had any room left in my apartment for another bike - i'd seriously consider it... even the way it is now - my better half is threatening to leave me...

    nevermind... we'll just start in the second wave - where we belong, and have some fun racing... i'll ditch Tony for you...
  • 07-05-2006
    bigwheelboy_490
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by nogearshere

    christ, its starting to smell like the 29er forum in here.


    btw.. you're fat... your bike looks like poop.. you smell... uhmmm???

    (just helping the cause)....

    edit for content...

    you ride SS because you cannot figure out all them gears.....
  • 07-05-2006
    nogearshere
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by osokolo
    he wants to use his fists or elbows... that aint fun... too aggressive...

    so you will have to defend his honour in civilized way...

    wtf frame size? who said i wanted to ride singlespeed???? i could be crazy, but i am not insane... still...

    but i see what you are taking about... gotta be same conditions... if i had any room left in my apartment for another bike - i'd seriously consider it... even the way it is now - my better half is threatening to leave me...

    nevermind... we'll just start in the second wave - where we belong, and have some fun racing... i'll ditch Tony for you...

    who said i wanted to race? i figure i dont race, you dont ride single...but go ahead, bring your 27 friends - gives me a excuse in the bag.

    i start in the back of the first wave, havent hit the 40 mark yet...we can make it work if you dont want to make a spectacle of it all, timing ted will hook us up.

    dont know him super well but i have to think that arek is not so aggressive. in my opinion you two were just too busy mashing keys to read what the other really 'meant' to say...in fact i think it was amusing to everyone but youz two.
  • 07-05-2006
    nogearshere
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by bigwheelboy_490
    btw.. you're fat... your bike looks like poop.. you smell... uhmmm???

    (just helping the cause)....

    edit for content...

    you ride SS because you cannot figure out all them gears.....

    i never liked you...it was my plan at the anti-race-race to leave you lost on the north hill...and i'm glad...glad i say!
  • 07-05-2006
    osokolo
    sure... lets do it...
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by nogearshere
    who said i wanted to race? i figure i dont race, you dont ride single...but go ahead, bring your 27 friends - gives me a excuse in the bag.

    yesterday after the race i was shooting breeze with a guy who was racing solo at summer solstice and when he was describing how tired he was after 9 laps, climbing that shugar shack climb (which he didnt realize was uphill - it was in the middle of the night and he was starting to feel dizzym - he said that he ran out of gears - and he thought he would just quit... i thought that was funny... "ran out of gears" - sure feels like wasted...


    Quote:

    i start in the back of the first wave, havent hit the 40 mark yet...we can make it work if you dont want to make a spectacle of it all, timing ted will hook us up.
    hmmm, youngin? you should be calling me Mister Sir Oggie... you know... although i can't be your daddy, i am still older...


    Quote:

    dont know him super well but i have to think that arek is not so aggressive. in my opinion you two were just too busy mashing keys to read what the other really 'meant' to say...in fact i think it was amusing to everyone but youz two.
    naah, this was nothing... i stopped being serious about internet forums LOOOOOOONG time ago...
  • 07-05-2006
    bigwheelboy_490
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by nogearshere
    i never liked you...it was my plan at the anti-race-race to leave you lost on the north hill...and i'm glad...glad i say!

    You're just jealous my bigwheels are bigger than yours.
  • 07-05-2006
    nogearshere
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by bigwheelboy_490
    You're just jealous my bigwheels are bigger than yours.

    wheels ALWAYS look bigger in slow motion...

    where the h-e double hockey sticks is hairy johnny? he calls for the resolution and some freaking how i am now racing a spandex clad okiepokey and jawwing with noshowboy_490...i mean c'mon...stirring is my job...
  • 07-05-2006
    bigwheelboy_490
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by nogearshere
    wheels ALWAYS look bigger in slow motion...

    where the h-e double hockey sticks is hairy johnny? he calls for the resolution and some freaking how i am now racing a spandex clad okiepokey and jawwing with noshowboy_490...i mean c'mon...stirring is my job...

    I'm an eastern boy now.. doing the thursday night thing at Durham.. getting out to Albion after work is like getting my wife to lie horizontal and not complain. ;) :D

    btw.. interested in joining moto and I in a ride this weekend.. if so, send me a scrolly.
  • 07-05-2006
    nogearshere
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by osokolo
    hmmm, youngin? you should be calling me Mister Sir Oggie... you know... although i can't be your daddy, i am still older...

    alright Sister oggie, we have Sean online, he is lurking, quietly building data for the coming tuesdays judgement...he has a proposal in his hands - from me...a special challenge...if he agrees there will be more than pride at stake. a prize for the weiner, may become a regular pillar in the tuesday foundation...i am in brutal shape this year so i want to bring something back to the weeklys...not quite the (politically incorrect) retard olympics i developed for camping, but just as challenging.

    bring any bike you want, bring two if that floats your boat. there will be over 600lbs in this three man race, so it should prove amusing to the skinny set and other 'fans'.

    arek...it's all good you'll enjoy it too...but if i win you kids make out...
  • 07-05-2006
    osokolo
    hillarious... allright...
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by nogearshere
    alright Sister oggie, we have Sean online, he is lurking, quietly building data for the coming tuesdays judgement...he has a proposal in his hands - from me...a special challenge...if he agrees there will be more than pride at stake. a prize for the weiner, may become a regular pillar in the tuesday foundation...i am in brutal shape this year so i want to bring something back to the weeklys...not quite the (politically incorrect) retard olympics i developed for camping, but just as challenging.

    bring any bike you want, bring two if that floats your boat. there will be over 600lbs in this three man race, so it should prove amusing to the skinny set and other 'fans'.

    arek...it's all good you'll enjoy it too...but if i win you kids make out...

    so be it...

    what is the challenge???? i gotta know now, i promise i won't back out as long as you will be subjected to same treatment...

    what 600#? Arek is about 135 pounds with his camel back full...
  • 07-05-2006
    nogearshere
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by osokolo
    so be it...

    what is the challenge???? i gotta know now, i promise i won't back out as long as you will be subjected to same treatment...

    what 600#? Arek is about 135 pounds with his camel back full...

    no arek is at least 200...yes, tis true, me thinks you have the wrong picture.

    once sean approves it i will post the details to be fair...of course i will do it too...thus my hand in the design. i also though it would be more fun to make it a spectacle, a way to handle ALL future disputes on tuesday nights...kinda like thunder dome...in two weeks that prick bush will race Ahmadinejad.

    world peace in one week at a tyme.
  • 07-05-2006
    osokolo
    hehe... great...
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by nogearshere
    no arek is at least 200...yes, tis true, me thinks you have the wrong picture.

    once sean approves it i will post the details to be fair...of course i will do it too...thus my hand in the design. i also though it would be more fun to make it a spectacle, a way to handle ALL future disputes on tuesday nights...kinda like thunder dome...in two weeks that prick bush will race Ahmadinejad.

    world peace in one week at a tyme.

    now i cant wait to see what it is all about...

    and remember: NO JELLO.. OK?
  • 07-05-2006
    AndrewTO
    First Arek is in, then he's out, then ..... okay, whatever. I have no clue where that's going.


    I have a MUUUUUUCH better idea, one i'd love to see;

    Oso on a SS
    Peter on a geary


    Oso gets his pick on either his HT or squishy, gear of his choice.
    Peter has all the gears he would ever want ..... NOT! ..... and choice on wheels size.
    Slicks or knobbies, whatever either of you prefer.
    The rest is in your legs and lungs.


    Best 2/3 or 3/5 with Oso getting ONE re-gear at his time of choosing.
    Peter gets ..... Peter re-learns how to shift gears. I'd almost suggest forcing him to run full suspension, just for the psychological factor.
  • 07-05-2006
    nogearshere
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by AndrewTO
    Oso on a SS
    Peter on a geary

    ...ugh...
    now shutup andrew...
  • 07-06-2006
    osokolo
    lol..
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by nogearshere
    ...ugh...
    now shutup andrew...

    it's ok... i wouldn't do that to you....