single track around humber river trail?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

single track around humber river trail?

im around weston + lawrence and the humber river trail is basicly in my backyard..

is there anything worth while around to ride on?

mtbr member
    No, now get outta my backyard!

J/K!!!!!!!

Around here? Pfffft. The only thing worth getting dirty for is going over to Scarborough to the Don trail. I haven't been there yet.

If you take the Humber trail SOUTH (it goes North, too, eh!) then you'll find a few off-cuts from the paved way. Nothing too exciting or outrageous. SHORT trails.

The closest thing we have, really, is Albion Hills. I don't know what your transportation situation is like, but it's just North of Bolton.

Cool, I have a neighbor. Don't play the music loud past 11:00 p.m. - i'll call the cops!
    I ..... need ..... DIRT!!!!!

... and cookies. :D

mtbr member
    well my transportation situation goes like this.. I have the TTC, haha.

so im basicly screwed

me and some friends are gonna go to kelso and stuff a couple times but thats about it

banned
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by toyota kawasaki
    im around weston + lawrence and the humber river trail is basicly in my backyard..

is there anything worth while around to ride on?
    its long, paved, lots of dog walkers, and the stupid kids are causing erosion biking down the hill just south of james gardens, north of the bridge that takes the path to the east side of the river, just north of dundas

however, i ride the trail with the wife before dinner...we start at burnamthorpe & kipling on the mimico trail, head north to eglinton, eglinton to scarlett road and pick up the trail to head south to berry road to stephen drive and through the sewage plant park (south humber?), and down to the lake...then back along the same route each evening.

not great, but keeps us in shape for the weekend rides up north

if you're in the west end, its better than nothing

cheers

mtbr member
    well for now those short loops do it enough for me until i get my endurance up

mtbr member
    well a friend introduced me to a bunch of spots around scarlet and eglington and just places all the way around the river. one spot is behind a graveyard and its a nice fun rocky downhill.

rode down to highpark too (lonnngg ride) but it was so much fun there :O

banned
    Mar 2005
    well a friend introduced me to a bunch of spots around scarlet and eglington and just places all the way around the river. one spot is behind a graveyard and its a nice fun rocky downhill.

rode down to highpark too (lonnngg ride) but it was so much fun there :O
    there's also a spot that run along the ridge just at Dundas and the Humber River...when you cross the bridge to the east side of the Humber and head south, look for trails heading up the hill...there's a park up there and its fun going back down

not related, but saw the weirdest thing the other day in the east end...kids on full sussers (with kick stands ) doing the hill on broadview by the riverdale hospital...straight down the hill. I used to toboggan there many years ago, but never thought of using a bike... looks like fun, I may try the same at christie pits

I already rode that
    Yea Ive done that too a few times going down riverdale park. Fun but I had to stop after a few times when my cusion hurt his side when he wiped out. That was like 7 years ago on full susp too. Guys at the shop used to jump off the sewer thats by the tennis courts.

mtbr member
    anyone gone down the big grass hill at high park?

you start at the top, ride down about 15 feet and then theres a little walking patht aht you hit and get some air off of onto the rest of the hill. wish i had a speedometer so i coulda known how fast i got going. pretty fast tho, wind was whistlin in my ears good

biking kix ass

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    got to watch where you ride in High Park. I gather the cops can and will ticket you for riding the singletrack in there......

mtbr member
    i heard that too, told my friend who said hed ridden there tons of times and never got a ticket *shrug*

i even looked for no biking sings, and coudlnt find any.

mtbr member
    hit up the trail by scarlet and its fun as **** to go fast through.. i dunno how fast i was goin, but im guessin 50km/h. i raced 2 other friends and i just took off and left them then got to the end and waited like 15 seconds before they came out

logs on uphills SUCK.

mtbr member
    went to james gardens and through the back today.. there arent any dirt jumps at all.. maybe a little 1 footer but it was all sand. no way to jump on that

banned
    Mar 2005
    try a little further south...but if you want some fast downhill n the area, the best bet is to try the park at the very end of the Humber Trail (where the water treatment plant is, just before the lake). The trail jogs before the park but the bike path entrance is at Stephen Drive and Cloverhill. The two best hills are:

1) the back of the hill that faces Stephen Drive. There are a couple of jumps, one that will knock
    your socks off

2)the hill in front of the plant...good run towards the river and the other into the park

the parks dept. has let this area return to its natural state but you can still find a good track (or make your own)

lots of other good climbs and descents here and the good thing is that there is never anyone there

banned
    Mar 2005
    couple of pics from the long weekend
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    ill have to check that out sometime jmo1..
    theres loads of trails around where i live ive found. just many are too overgrown or never ridden.

what can we do about overgrown trails? take a machete?

found the place on google maps that you were talking about though. does the humber trail go right by those streets? or do you have to take a detour?

banned
    Mar 2005
    ill have to check that out sometime jmo1..
    theres loads of trails around where i live ive found. just many are too overgrown or never ridden.

what can we do about overgrown trails? take a machete?

found the place on google maps that you were talking about though. does the humber trail go right by those streets? or do you have to take a detour?
    the path comes up at the base of Stephen Drive, just behind the Stonegate Plaza, you then have to follow Stephen south to Cloverhill and get back on the path (just beside the bus stop). Yes, the park is getting a little wild, best way is to ride a line a couple of times and beat the grass down. There are paths from people walking and kids playing. I found that the best time to ride here is in the early spring before the grass gets too high. Haven't been there for a while so have no idea what they've done, but the other side of the Stephen Drive hill is a challenge. The place used to be a golf course in the 30's and 40's and you can still see where some of the T's and greens were on the hills and make great ramps to get some air. The big hill in front of the treatment plant is man-made and was actually built from garbage in the 50's to shield the residents from seeing the ugly plant...couldn't stop the smell though

god, i'm getting old

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

New question here. where is the trail ???

Quote Originally Posted by JM01
    the path comes up at the base of Stephen Drive, just behind the Stonegate Plaza, you then have to follow Stephen south to Cloverhill and get back on the path (just beside the bus stop). Yes, the park is getting a little wild, best way is to ride a line a couple of times and beat the grass down. There are paths from people walking and kids playing. I found that the best time to ride here is in the early spring before the grass gets too high. Haven't been there for a while so have no idea what they've done, but the other side of the Stephen Drive hill is a challenge. The place used to be a golf course in the 30's and 40's and you can still see where some of the T's and greens were on the hills and make great ramps to get some air. The big hill in front of the treatment plant is man-made and was actually built from garbage in the 50's to shield the residents from seeing the ugly plant...couldn't stop the smell though

god, i'm getting old
    Is that garbage site still emitting odours? Where the heck is this trail? I still don't know the place you described in this thread. Am I getting too old that my memory is defective? I might need to upgrade to RAMBUS memory.

Custom User Title
    I know nothing about riding in TO, but I saw this link and thought someone in this thread might find something useful

http://www.out-there.com/ton01mtb.htm

banned
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Picard
    Is that garbage site still emitting odours? Where the heck is this trail? I still don't know the place you described in this thread. Am I getting too old that my memory is defective? I might need to upgrade to RAMBUS memory.
    its not the garbage..its the plant (sewage treatment plant ). Its that smell you get when crossing the humber on the gardiner

park is here:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...ntr0kj4Q%3d%3d

its the South Humber Park which is the last stage of the Humber Bike Trail before you hit the lake...the map shows that stephen drive ends at the river but there is a street that runs north, behind an apartment, and this is where the trail comes up when you go south from the Old Mill

other trails here:

http://www.bayviewcycle.com/NewFiles/Trails.html

i did the etobicoke creek a few years ago...not bad

group rides here:

http://www.tbn.on.ca/

cheers

mtbr member
    woke up at 3 today and rode down the upper portion of the humber trail (west humber) towards the end and then to the dam. then tried to fish but cauight nothing

where exactly is thackary park located? i hear all about itbut I cant find it on a map

banned
    Mar 2005
    steeles and kipling