Salty roads and sweet treats: the 2011 tour de Buttertart Free- Mtbr.com
    Team NFI
    Mar 2007

Salty roads and sweet treats: the 2011 tour de Buttertart Free

Just for you Garage Monster.

Post up if you want to do your version of the Dundas Monstercross or Butter Tart Tour.
    Last edited by Enduramil; 03-04-2011 at 08:06 AM.

That's not a W
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduramil
    Just for you Garage Monster.

Post up if you want to do your version of the Dundas Monstercross or Butter Tart Tour.
    hmmm... maybe name the thread a little more garage monstery...something like
    "Salty roads and sweet treats: the 2011 tour de Buttertart

Ms. Monster
    Mar 2007
    Ah, that's better. Much less political and much more fun. Thanks, Vagabond!

That's not a W
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdgirl
    Ah, that's better. Much less political and much more fun. Thanks, Vagabond!
    my pleasure! just a little WWgmD...

Enduramil, that edit was fast!

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by VVagabond
    my pleasure! just a little WWgmD...

I had another title that was even less PC. Ask Joely, I have a severe allergy to BS.

Quote Originally Posted by VVagabond

Enduramil, that edit was fast!
    And I had no sugar and caffine at that point.

Evil Jr.
    I understand from my sources that the Facebook event thingy is blowing up! People really love their tarts!
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    According to the weather experts expect it to be chilly.

2WD
    Rides like a girl
    B U T T E R T A R T S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

namagomi
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster
    I understand from my sources that the Facebook event thingy is blowing up! People really love their tarts!
    Cuppy cakes too.

Evil Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by electrik
    You're invited too electrik. I won't even laugh (much) if you show up on platforms!
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

namagomi
    You're invited too electrik. I won't even laugh (much) if you show up on platforms!
    Don't worry, I always carry a roll of duct tape if things go awry.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Don't worry, I always carry a roll of duct tape if things go awry.
    I thought zip ties where the new black of 2011.

namagomi
    I thought zip ties where the new black of 2011.
    At fifty cents a pop was it, that is the expensive way... plus that duct tape is water-proof so one can leave their neoprene at home!

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Today the first roadie of the year was spotted. Slick tires no cross bike.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Okay.. this is a farking joke right? Snow again?

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    But now for thy most important question. What beer goes with butter Tarts??

Evil Jr.
    Behold the 2011 Tour de Buttertart route (the points of interest are buttertart shops)!

The great Googly-Moogly tells me it's just about 100km on the nose. Not too shabby for March!

I Wanna Be Sedated
    Time to start getting a bike ready for outdoor action, I guess!
    Jouko

Evil Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jouko
    Time to start getting a bike ready for outdoor action, I guess!
    I put a stand out in front of the TV last night. Cleaning Mrs. Monster's Contessa Pro is about 1/3 done!

I Wanna Be Sedated
    September 10, 2010 was a nice, dry sunny day. Thus my Tarmac is quite clean, just needs a little air in the tires and maybe a fresh chain lube.

I put a stand out in front of the TV last night. Cleaning Mrs. Monster's Contessa Pro is about 1/3 done!
    Jouko

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    You are well trained. I admit rather do that then swapping bars and a cog tonight on the Dirtbag Special.

And look what I joined ,

http://www.clubfatass.com/

mtbr member
    Behold the 2011 Tour de Buttertart route (the points of interest are buttertart shops)!

The great Googly-Moogly tells me it's just about 100km on the nose. Not too shabby for March!

Hmm....your Ideas intrigue me and I\'d like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Evil Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by CptSydor

Hmm....your Ideas intrigue me and I\'d like to subscribe to your newsletter.
    There's a Facebook event thingy somewhere, if you're into that sort of thing. Friend Mrs. Monster and you should be able to find it. I believe start time is 10AM on Sunday at Domestique.

mtbr member
    garage_monster,

I am still tempted to do this on the single speed despite your better half giving me a fair warning on Facebook about the escarpment. But I am a single speeder and showing up with a blingie-thingie S-Works Roubaix for a leisurely ride goes against the single speeder rules of conduct. And speaking of single speed, how can my eyes not go blind if I see you on a geared bike?

I ride single speed with 47:16 so what do you all think?
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SS
    RM Suzi Q 90 RSL
    KHS Team 29
    S-Works Roubaix
    KHS CX 550 cyclocross

Evil Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by serious
    garage_monster,

I am still tempted to do this on the single speed despite your better half giving me a fair warning on Facebook about the escarpment. But I am a single speeder and showing up with a blingie-thingie S-Works Roubaix for a leisurely ride goes against the single speeder rules of conduct. And speaking of single speed, how can my eyes not go blind if I see you on a geared bike?

I ride single speed with 47:16 so what do you all think?
    As Mrs. Monster mentioned on FB, I ride a fully geared road bike but only rarely shift and when I do, it's typically between chainrings. I spend like 95% of my time in 53:18, including the escarpment, for better or worse.

mtbr member
    That settles it garage_monster. I will ride behind you (where I belong) and make sure there is no funny shifting business.
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SS
    RM Suzi Q 90 RSL
    KHS Team 29
    S-Works Roubaix
    KHS CX 550 cyclocross

I Wanna Be Sedated
    Had my first road bike outing in a looong time today. I had to get a quick shakedown test in before Sunday just to make sure everything works and the shifts are good. Unlike Marc, I shift a lot.

It was also my first ride without PowerTap, now back to using the blingy Roval wheels that came on the Tarmac. They seemed to roll along just as nicely as the Zipps. I'm sure they'll do fine fetching buttertarts.
    Jouko

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    That settles it garage_monster. I will ride behind you (where I belong) and make sure there is no funny shifting business.
    I have a philip's screw driver that can ensure absolute compliance.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Had my first road bike outing in a looong time today. I had to get a quick shakedown test in before Sunday just to make sure everything works and the shifts are good.
    It's always surprising after any time on the turbo trainer come Spring how you have to make some readjustments.

/Rant

In regards to that.... I always laugh at people who spend $400 on a fitting that is mounted to a turbo trainer. Then have to tinker more when they are actually on the road. What feels good on the trainer will not feel the same on the road fit whise.

end Rant/

bi-winning
    Today the first roadie of the year was spotted. Slick tires no cross bike.
    Today I spotted a pair of roadies for the first time this season, as I was driving back from my ski.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

mtbr member
    Dusted off the road bike for a short road ride last night. Felt good to be out.

Shifting was a little sketchy, but I'll mess it up even more if I try to fix it, so I'll just deal with it on Sunday's ride.

mtbr member
    I went to prep the road bike last night for a ride tonight and looking towards Sunday. Apparently I put it away broke and forgot to make a mental note. Front derailleur no worky worky. I prefer to be able to shift even though it doesn't sound mandatory for this ride.

This was after I mounted a new set of very reluctant tires on the wheelset.

That alright, I'll throw the road wheels on my new cross bike (cause I wasn't tearing off the tires again, and the old set is just old). Switch over cassettes, test spin. Things weren't meshing well together with the wheelset and new bike, no interest in tinkering.

So, Saturday will be spent 1) Finding a new front derailleur and mounting it, or 2) finding a new set of road tires for the cross bike and mounting them, or 3) getting the commuter stripped down and cleaned up and ready to go sunday, or 4) possibly 1-3

So the MTB is sitting in my office ready to explore some rail trail after work.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I don't have any road wheels for my cross bike so the knobby ones will be staying on. I'll be busting my arse off trying to keep up I guess?
    High on Life

Ms. Monster
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by racergurl
    I don't have any road wheels for my cross bike so the knobby ones will be staying on. I'll be busting my arse off trying to keep up I guess?
    I'm not worried about you - you're a superstar! And I don't think you'll be the only one on a CX bike - that's what comes of inviting a bunch of mountain bikers to go on a road ride! Road wheels or no, getting my outta-shape butt up those climbs will be an interesting endeavour.

At least most of the salt has now been washed off the road and no rain is predicted...

All my faucets is Moen.
    Sounds like I'm gonna miss a great day in the saddle down here. But you can bet where ever I ride on Sunday I'm stopping for buttertars as much as possible.

Ms. Monster
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by thedumbopinion
    Sounds like I'm gonna miss a great day in the saddle down here. But you can bet where ever I ride on Sunday I'm stopping for buttertars as much as possible.
    Pfft. They don't have buttertarts south of the border! You could try pecan pie stops though... Have a lovely, warm time!

Evil Jr.
    You could try pecan pie stops though...
    Or sweet potato pie! Om-Nom!

That's not a W
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by thedumbopinion
    Like Nerdgirl said, American's are lacking in the buttertart department so I think you should bring your own down there. They would still be good two days later. That is, if you can resist them until Sunday! No one would hold it against you if you couldn't.

Lemmy Rules!
    Sunday will be my first-ever ride on the new road bike, if the weather holds...
    Strava made me do it....

Ms. Monster
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Unglued
    Sunday will be my first-ever ride on the new road bike, if the weather holds...
    While the forecast is looking promising, nspace's attendance could jinx us all! We have a history! Good thing Cafe Domestique serves a killer hot chocolate.

All my faucets is Moen.
    I was unaware of the US production of BT's. You guys are experts.

We'll have to see what Aunt Sue has and if it's pecan pie or sweet potato pie or anything ending in pie I'll be happy.

mtbr member
    Every group ride I join turns into a win fest and/or storm. Get ready!

I hope there is lemon tarts.

I can't wait to see smarty set the pace with a bike trailer. This will be documented.

Evil Jr.
    This is shaping up to reach Rapha-esque levels of EPICness! They may want to consider a special edition of Rouleur!

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CptSydor
    , or 2) finding a new set of road tires for the cross bike and mounting them, or
    Speaking of tires. Have a set of 700x35 Bonty road tires I don't need. Been sitting in the tire pile for a year now. If anyone wants them .....

mtbr member
    I'll be all Rapha'd out. That stowaway jacket saved my life on last years farmalicious ride...also known as...

"Salty roads, ice, mist, rain, insane headwinds, sub-zero temperatures, hand dryers & locally sourced organic gourmet food - The 2010 Tour of Pain and Suffering"

Ms. Monster
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nspace
    I'll be all Rapha'd out. That stowaway jacket saved my life on last years farmalicious ride...also known as...

"Salty roads, ice, mist, rain, insane headwinds, sub-zero temperatures, hand dryers & locally sourced organic gourmet food - The 2010 Tour of Pain and Suffering"
    If it weren't a Sunday, I'd HIGHLY recommend Quatrefoil - though it's a little harder to get a reservation since Toronto Life picked it as one of its top ten new restaurants...

mtbr member
    I'm in the broke-house after going on a home accessory shopping spree, and buying an engagement ring. Tarts may be as gourmet as my Sunday is going to get

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I'm not worried about you - you're a superstar! And I don't think you'll be the only one on a CX bike - that's what comes of inviting a bunch of mountain bikers to go on a road ride! Road wheels or no, getting my outta-shape butt up those climbs will be an interesting endeavour.

At least most of the salt has now been washed off the road and no rain is predicted...
    Lol, superstar. Hmmm, maybe I should skip the rest of my workouts for the week so that I can try to live up to that status.
    Can't wait for Sunday!
    High on Life

mtbr member
    racergurl: I don't have any road wheels for my cross bike so the knobby ones will be staying on. I'll be busting my arse off trying to keep up I guess?

If you are busting your little butt, people will get dropped from the "no drop" ride. But I rather like you with knobbies because I have a better chance to keep up. With my singlespeed gearing I cannot hold more than about 35-38km/hr on flats.
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SS
    RM Suzi Q 90 RSL
    KHS Team 29
    S-Works Roubaix
    KHS CX 550 cyclocross

Ms. Monster
    Mar 2007
    I'm in the broke-house after going on a home accessory shopping spree, and buying an engagement ring. Tarts may be as gourmet as my Sunday is going to get
    I heard that rumour. Congratulations!!!!

Evil Jr.
    buying an engagement ring.
    So the rumours were true! Cause for celebration! Congratulations!

mtbr member
    Thx guys! I got down on one knee last Friday. Crazy things happen when you can't ride your bike

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

How fast!!!

racergurl: I don't have any road wheels for my cross bike so the knobby ones will be staying on. I'll be busting my arse off trying to keep up I guess?

If you are busting your little butt, people will get dropped from the "no drop" ride. But I rather like you with knobbies because I have a better chance to keep up. With my singlespeed gearing I cannot hold more than about 35-38km/hr on flats.
    35-38kms. Hmm, I think the only time I've gone that fast on my road bike is downhill!! I may need some caffeine infused buttertarts.
    Someone bring a tow rope, please.
    High on Life

Evil Jr.
    I may need some caffeine infused buttertarts.
    Not to worry, the second last stop has all sorts of buttertarts, from plain (boring!) to Skor and Caramilk varieties!

Ms. Monster
    Mar 2007
    35-38kms. Hmm, I think the only time I've gone that fast on my road bike is downhill!! I may need some caffeine infused buttertarts.
    Someone bring a tow rope, please.
    Ya, that's what I was thinking! I can't be dropped on my own "no drop" ride, can I???

mtbr member
    Ask smarty if he has room in his kid trailer, what's one extra person to haul around.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Ya, that's what I was thinking! I can't be dropped on my own "no drop" ride, can I???
    Naw.. I'll be the slow one climbing. Just clear the way on the DH's.

mtbr member
    racergurl: Someone bring a tow rope, please

Now you are just toying with me, making me feel all good and strong and then BAM, you pass me and I never see ya again.
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SS
    RM Suzi Q 90 RSL
    KHS Team 29
    S-Works Roubaix
    KHS CX 550 cyclocross

mtbr member
    nspace: I got down on one knee last Friday.

Congratulations Tom, I am very happy for you.
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SS
    RM Suzi Q 90 RSL
    KHS Team 29
    S-Works Roubaix
    KHS CX 550 cyclocross

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Tarts may be as gourmet as my Sunday is going to get
    So no beer for you .. eh.

mtbr member
    Thx Serious!

Root beer maybe! ( am not a beer drinker!)

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Not to worry, the second last stop has all sorts of buttertarts, from plain (boring!) to Skor and Caramilk varieties!
    Skor and Caramilk buttertarts This is gonna be the best road ride ever!!
    High on Life

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    No way. No man or woman left behind!
    High on Life

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    racergurl: Someone bring a tow rope, please

Now you are just toying with me, making me feel all good and strong and then BAM, you pass me and I never see ya again.
    The only reason I passed you last year at that Ganaraska was because your tights were making you overheat and restricting your pedal stroke.
    High on Life

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Every group ride I join turns into a win fest and/or storm. Get ready!
    Dude... it's the Niagra Escarpment. There is always a head wind in all directions.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    I just realized the date. 20 years ago was when I last had the "privilege" of training on a road bike on the Nigara Escarpment. And 20 years ago this May was the Golden Horseshoe Du.

At least this time it's not escapism and is truly going to be fun.

mtbr member
    I just realized this is the very first group ride I have ever been on (road or mtb) in almost 20 years of riding bikes (racing not included). I wonder how far from me everyone will stay.
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SS
    RM Suzi Q 90 RSL
    KHS Team 29
    S-Works Roubaix
    KHS CX 550 cyclocross

mtbr member
    I got a new set of 28's mounted on the CX bike.

Is there a better way to initiate a new bike than a buttertart ride?

And, this really appears to be quite the peloton shaping up. Has anyone warned these country markets there is going to be a large group of Monsters and associates showing up with an appetite for buttertarts? I hope there is enough to go around.

Evil Jr.
    I was beginning to wonder the same thing. Even if they're not equipped to meet the buttertart rush, there will be lots of tasty alternatives. Don't forget to bring money! Tarts this good don't come cheap!

namagomi
    I just realized this is the very first group ride I have ever been on (road or mtb) in almost 20 years of riding bikes (racing not included). I wonder how far from me everyone will stay.
    Hey, you better make sure those race organizers have insurance!

namagomi
    I was beginning to wonder the same thing. Even if they're not equipped to meet the buttertart rush, there will be lots of tasty alternatives. Don't forget to bring money! Tarts this good don't come cheap!
    Depending on tart addiction and the odds of failure to obtain a butter tart are high enough your ride may have it's no-drop policy challenged!

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Hey, you better make sure those race organizers have insurance!
    Most do... it's called a Shovel and a bag of Lyme.

namagomi
    You mean the three s's? Such a caustic idea...

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    You mean the three s's? Such a caustic idea...
    Yes.... I readily admit the safety fear mongering in Ontario has been getting to me.

Lemmy Rules!

Thanks Mr. and Mrs. Monster...

...and everyone else who came out for the most funnest early season ride ever. The buttertarts were delicious, the company was better, and the new bike felt so good it was almost worth getting hit by a car to get it....
    Strava made me do it....

Evil Jr.
    Thanks again to everyone that came out! What a stellar day! Once we hooked up with the Oakville crew in Carlisle, we were up over 50 riders! Totally mind blowing! My smile muscles are aching!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Yep, what a day in the saddle! Super company, great weather, lots of laughs, and pretty scenery. Oh and really tasty buttertarts though I think I am buttertarted-out for a bit now. Thanks to the gentleman who waited up for me when I fell off the pace. And thanks to serious for taking the longest piss ever so that I could catch my breath again!
    I will be back, but hopefully with a nice new road bike next year!
    I'm going to bed now. Sooooo tired.
    Last edited by racergurl; 03-20-2011 at 05:31 PM.
    High on Life

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Nice meeting you all! (well most of you)

Pretty cool to have a group ride that large consisting solely of MTB'ers...

Next time I go up to Moffat I'll bring a bag of quarters.

I had a blast

cheers
    phil (flat tire #1)
    phil shep

COMM|T OR EAT SH|T

mtbr member
    racergurl,

See what terrible embarrasement I put myself through for a friend in need?

Oh and thanks Kim and Marc for a well organized event. Loved the company and the ride.
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SS
    RM Suzi Q 90 RSL
    KHS Team 29
    S-Works Roubaix
    KHS CX 550 cyclocross

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Thanks for the ride Garage Monster and Nerdgirl. First 100k in nearly 5 years.

For the record it is doable to drive with a bag of ice taped to the bag of your knee.

mtbr member
    Thanks to the Monsters for the great routing and hospitality. Excellent day for a nice long ride and some great company.

I've decided that buttertarts are not my preferred choice of ride food. They were delicious, but just didn't sit right. I'm sure the sign sprints didn't help in that regard either. Post race fair of a pint, mexican fries and 1lb of wings, didn't make the last 14 km home any easier as well, especially with a stiff easterly head wind and an escarpment ascent.

Overall very productive 125 km in mid march.

mostbrokenestscaphoidever
    Sounds like a great time was had by all... I am definately in if you guys do this next time... buttertarts are yummy... hopefully I will have a road bike soon enough
    misfit diSSent 29er SS
    niner One9 SS

Lemmy Rules!
    Next time I ride the Moffat Loop, I am going to pay with my butter tart with 10 rolls of pennies. Let's see if Mrs. Cranky-Pants "No paying with twenties or water bottle refills for cyclists" likes that any better...
    Strava made me do it....

They say I have a problem
    Didn't go on the ride, but I know all about Mrs. Cranky-pants! That lady is truly missing the boat!!! She is at the four corners of cycling heaven...She gets riders from every major city around here and all she does is piss people off! What a joke...
    "The meek shall inherit the earth"

mtbr member
    I had a great time, and it was nice to finally meet some of the people on here that I had never met in person. Crank Pants was at least entertaining. Witnessing her rant was amazing.

Thanks Marc and Kim for organizing a great ride. Bombing down Syndenham was a great way to end the ride.

My legs are all sore and stuff.

That's not a W
    Jul 2008
    Thanks monsters for organizing a great ride and thanks for all the perks of staying at chez monster. Fun weekend!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    what a great day yeaseterday! Thanks monsters for yet another super fun ride! So awesome to see so many mtb'ers out on their road bikes! Great to see friends and meet new ones! Looing forward to riding with y'all again this coming season

Lemmy Rules!
    Should my legs feel like this the day after a "junk miles only, no drop" ride?
    Strava made me do it....

Evil Jr.
    The enormity of it all didn't really sink in until we got to the Domestique parking lot and then it was like "what have I done!'

I think Phil sent Krys a picture of the front porch jammed with bikes.

The whole thing was like some wild dessert-themed critical mass. I thought the drivers, for the most part, were very patient with us!

mtbr member
    Mission accomplished. Buttertarts acquired.

Thanks to VVagabond for the photo.

mtbr member
    Should my legs feel like this the day after a "junk miles only, no drop" ride?
    Its ok, its not just you. My right knee is in bad shape right now. I can feel **** vibrating in my knee when I bend it. Victory.
    Last edited by nspace; 03-21-2011 at 12:49 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I don't think my legs have ever felt like this after a road ride or even a mountain bike race. I'm lovin' it!!
    High on Life

mtbr member
    Maybe I am a bit ahead with the fitness because I found the ride relatively easy and perfect for a single speed. I had to work hard to stay with the leaders through the attack on the “3 hills” and towards the end, but I did not mind the efforts. In fact, it was all I could do to stay warm. All in all, I could not ask for a better experience.
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SS
    RM Suzi Q 90 RSL
    KHS Team 29
    S-Works Roubaix
    KHS CX 550 cyclocross

mtbr member
    Great ride yesterday! The Monsters are such great ride hosts. Wonderful to see some many people out for buttertarts!

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Its ok, its not just you. My right knee is in bad shape right now. I can feel **** vibrating in my knee when I bend it. Victory.

There's a pill for that.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Let's see,

100k road ride
    $20 in gas
    $15 dollars for pizza and Coke at Wal Mart
    Look on the inlaws face's as they watch me eat 2 pizza's in one sitting

Priceless.

I Wanna Be Sedated
    Huge thanks to Kim & Marc for organizing! Great early season riding without any of the silliness brought on by number plates. It was delightful to see so many old friends after the winter and meet some new people in person. I'm in for anything even remotely similar in the future.
    Jouko

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    I'm in for anything even remotely similar in the future.

That's what this thread is for. Post up if you want to do something similar.

Hmm......when is Tom's wedding date?

Lemmy Rules!
    Maybe I am a bit ahead with the fitness because I found the ride relatively easy and perfect for a single speed. .

[email protected]@rd!
    Strava made me do it....

Team NFI
    Mar 2007

mtbr member
    Follow up to my sore knee, here is upside-down Tom:

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" data="http://www.flickr.com/apps/video/stewart.swf?v=71377" classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"> <param name="flashvars" value="intl_lang=en-us&photo_secret=c8d3749db0&photo_id=5548823369&fli ckr_show_info_box=true&hd_default=false"></param> <param name="movie" value="http://www.flickr.com/apps/video/stewart.swf?v=71377"></param> <param name="bgcolor" value="#000000"></param> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.flickr.com/apps/video/stewart.swf?v=71377" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="intl_lang=en-us&photo_secret=c8d3749db0&photo_id=5548823369&fli ckr_show_info_box=true&hd_default=false" height="360" width="640"></embed></object>

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Sounds more like the rusty spring symphony.

But seriously,

Does your knee get stiff and achy after you sit for awhile?

mtbr member
    Tom,

Oh boy, I listened and I cringed a bit. Hopefully it is just some inflamation that will go away with some rest.
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SS
    RM Suzi Q 90 RSL
    KHS Team 29
    S-Works Roubaix
    KHS CX 550 cyclocross

Evil Jr.
    That knee sounds like one of our cat's squeaky toys! Ouchie!

mtbr member
    Thx! Apologies for the creepy video.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Next time I ride the Moffat Loop, I am going to pay with my butter tart with 10 rolls of pennies. Let's see if Mrs. Cranky-Pants "No paying with twenties or water bottle refills for cyclists" likes that any better...
    Just a thought... can anyone confirm that woman was not a certain board member wearing a Bakers Wife suit?

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Ooohhhhh.... Just found out there is the MTB version of the Tuesday World Champs up the highway from me. Free...

namagomi
    Interesting about butter-tart lady(how rude all those customers at once!)... however, I just figured out you can't carry nearly enough lyme or a shovel on a road bicycle...(perhaps that is why death rides a touring bicycle with panniers)

Evil Jr.
    Interesting about butter-tart lady(how rude all those customers at once!)...
    She's a trip but still the best tarts in this neck of the woods, IMHO.

mtbr member
    I quite liked the 2nd last tart stop with all the flavours...mmm peanut butter. My favourite was still those lemon tarts at stop 1. Damn those were good.

I Wanna Be Sedated
    The 2nd last stop, yes. But my vote goes for the Caramilk tarts. Yum.

I quite liked the 2nd last tart stop with all the flavours...mmm peanut butter. My favourite was still those lemon tarts at stop 1. Damn those were good.
    Jouko

Evil Jr.
    The Skor one was stellar too. So crunchy!

mtbr member
    Seem you can't go wrong with that second stop. I had the chocolate chip buttertart, oh nelly that was good.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Where was that second last buttertart stop? I need to go back and try a few more flavors. I had the Caramilk one and it was divine
    High on Life

mtbr member
    Actually that was the third stop, my mistake. (Second stop was the lady that refused to take my $20)

It was on Regional Rd 97 around Valens Conservation area if I recall correctly.

Once the riding weather gets nice, I might have to turn this into a motorcycle ride for those 'rest' days.
    Last edited by CptSydor; 03-23-2011 at 12:40 PM.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    So, no one mentioned that big hairy dog. The one that Tom saw me almost T Bone.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007

mtbr member
    That dog was massive, and not very alert.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Am working on a Kingston Death Ride. Maybe in May if it dries enough.

Members who have read this thread: 0