Rode Hilton Falls Today

Printable View

• 04-29-2004
    smiley
    Rode Hilton Falls Today
    Bringing the boss some Tim Hortons in the morning pays off!! Left work around 11.00 hit the trails @ Hilton Falls around 12.45.
    What a day! 24C. Could hear the wind but did not feel its effects. All the trails were dry. (that I went on). There's one muddy section in the NW are of the park, but its like that in July...
    Anyhow, 14 cars, give or take, in the parking lot, saw one other biker(on a Santa Cruz) and someone on a Cannondale in the parking lot, but never ran into on trails. Passed by a few families on the way to and from the Falls. But other than that is was just I and nature.
    Got a little further on the long section of the 'bent rim' trail without having to stop or walk.
    Almost figured out that bunny hop over small logs, i think I even got a bit of a tan :cool:
    Well I hope all your rides was as much fun today,
    Who rode where?

Cheers,

:D Smiley
  • 04-30-2004
    rbart4506
    I rode home from work, Burlington to Dundas, into that headwind...Talk about a friggin workout...Got home and started dinner and about 15 minutes later my fiance came in from her trail ride in Dundas...Her bike and legs had a bit of mud on them and she was grinning...I definitely would have preferred the trail ride to the commute home, but a guy has to do what a guy has to do *laugh*...

Rich
  • 04-30-2004
    Arek
    Went to Albion Hills last night
    Quote:

Originally Posted by smiley
    Bringing the boss some Tim Hortons in the morning pays off!! Left work around 11.00 hit the trails @ Hilton Falls around 12.45.
    What a day! 24C. Could hear the wind but did not feel its effects. All the trails were dry. (that I went on). There's one muddy section in the NW are of the park, but its like that in July...
    Anyhow, 14 cars, give or take, in the parking lot, saw one other biker(on a Santa Cruz) and someone on a Cannondale in the parking lot, but never ran into on trails. Passed by a few families on the way to and from the Falls. But other than that is was just I and nature.
    Got a little further on the long section of the 'bent rim' trail without having to stop or walk.
    Almost figured out that bunny hop over small logs, i think I even got a bit of a tan :cool:
    Well I hope all your rides was as much fun today,
    Who rode where?

Cheers,

:D Smiley

We started with my buddy around 5.30, and were done just before 8.00. Trails are 90% dry, just some lower sections, especially grassy ones criss crossing the camping grounds and closer to parking/picnic areas have some muddy sections. It was my first longer xc ride on my new ASX, and I definitely can feel it in my legs today! Although I managed to do all the climbs :)
    Hopefully weather cooperates on the weekend!

Arek
  • 04-30-2004
    HubbaMan
    thanks for posting conditions
    it sounds like things are drying up nicely.

I could have done a trail ride but decided on some local drop to tranny practise to get in shape for Blue when it opens, gotta build that confidence!