riding this weekend- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

riding this weekend

There has been a lot of rain and more is supposed to fall during the week. I want to get out on Saturday somewhere around the GTA. Kelso, Hilton, Puslinch, Durham. What would be my best option for drier conditions?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Durham Forest and Glen Major are pretty sandy and tend to drain quickly.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Looking at the forecast, I'd say it's going to be the railtrail. Turkey Point is very sandy but forecast there is rain most of the week and all weekend.
    Good weekend to do bike maintenance.

GAME ON!
    turkey point is almost better when wet/in the rain
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Turkey Point is great when wet...due to the sand.
    Puslinch is basically on a gravel pit and almost drains and dries as fast as the rain falls.

mtbr member
    Thanks. Puslinch is the closest for me that is recommended. Milton is closer, but I don't think this will be much fun nor will Waterdown. Not a lot of hills to slip on at Puslinch either.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I live in Waterdown...and tomorrows weather is supposed to be great...so I will be riding the trails here tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Weather was nice tonight, went out to Greenwood for a night ride some wet spots but mostly dry. Great at night as no one is on the trails but you.

humber river advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by secret agent View Post
    There has been a lot of rain and more is supposed to fall during the week. I want to get out on Saturday somewhere around the GTA. Kelso, Hilton, Puslinch, Durham. What would be my best option for drier conditions?
    try dufferin forest, gets better in the wet... a little bit further out is ganaraska forest, another good wet weather spot...
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

Workin for the weekend!
    Quote Originally Posted by RiotMTB View Post
    I live in Waterdown...and tomorrows weather is supposed to be great...so I will be riding the trails here tomorrow.
    The rocks in Waterdown have been so slick lately, almost worse than winter... Any idea why? Riding Hilton is almost insane right now, so slippery...

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by -Todd- View Post
    The rocks in Waterdown have been so slick lately, almost worse than winter... Any idea why? Riding Hilton is almost insane right now, so slippery...
    Just the humidity lately. Stay between Waterdown Rd and highway 6 to avoid the rocks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Rode Glen Major south entrance to Durham and back this past Sunday. It was drenched. Durham had drained much better than Glen major. Great ride none the less.

mtbr member
    I rode Durham Forest Tuesday night, it was perfect. Even the new singletrack Ogre and Out was in great shape. There's a little rain in the forecast for tonight, but that's it. I'm sure it will be fine this weekend.

mtbr member
    Looks like Puslinch or Durham then. See what the other guy wants to ride. Thanks.

Living Life Behind Bars..
    Quote Originally Posted by Face Visor View Post
    I rode Durham Forest Tuesday night, it was perfect. Even the new singletrack Ogre and Out was in great shape. There's a little rain in the forecast for tonight, but that's it. I'm sure it will be fine this weekend.
    were is the new section at ?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by g-t- View Post
    were is the new section at ?
    The new singletrack is in the south eastern part of the forest quite close to the Houston Road parking lot. If you head over there you'll find the DMBA signs pretty easily. I managed to find it for the first time at night, so it should be easy during the day.

Definitely worth checking out, a little over 1 km and pretty technical by Durham Forest standards.

Living Life Behind Bars..
    Quote Originally Posted by Face Visor View Post
    The new singletrack is in the south eastern part of the forest quite close to the Houston Road parking lot. If you head over there you'll find the DMBA signs pretty easily. I managed to find it for the first time at night, so it should be easy during the day.

Definitely worth checking out, a little over 1 km and pretty technical by Durham Forest standards.
    thx will look next week our night ride w got rained out this week.

Members who have read this thread: 0